Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

June 2013 - Thread 7 - Getting closer!

(993 Posts)
Sarah2506 Sat 11-May-13 11:35:58

We got full! Hope everyone manages to find their way back here:-)

SunnyL Sun 12-May-13 20:46:40

Sweater?? Erm 2 seater car not 2 sweater car.

learnermummy Sun 12-May-13 20:53:49

Grainmum it's unlikely your milk will come in while your in hospital but you might want a few pairs of pads to protect your clothes/bras from lansinoh stains.

MrsBri I'm so busy I haven't touched my cross stitch in over a week, don't think it will ever be finished!!

I'm so focused on my homebirth I really haven't packed properly for a hospital one. Have nothing to labour in really. Don't have time to get organised for another fortnight so baby better hang on in there!

pinkbear82 Sun 12-May-13 21:13:03

productive days ladies!

oddly my bump feels smaller today which I don't understand, but bubs is wiggling round lots, so guess that's a good thing. my boobs also seem to have grown, maybe I'm just upside down today

my mum kept asking if I'd packed my snacks yet. 'vital to keep you going, and y'know, even things ' - I have a feeling she was trying to remind me I can get a bit narky when hungry! Reassured her I'd pack them this week.

thinking of hitting the pillows now, seem to wake early, and not manage naps so guess early to bed is a happy compromise!

redwellybluewelly Sun 12-May-13 21:23:03

pink my bump changes in size depending on how baby is lying, also when you get closer to due date bump may drop and you'll suddenly find breathing easier and walking harder!

Now off to bed with my gaviscon. Oh the joys!

Steffanoid Sun 12-May-13 21:47:41

my little sausage fingers are back today sad a bit of my left foot has gone up too, this and the period type pains are getting a bit rubbish, ended up crying at tge supermarket cause I didn't know what I wanted to eat and needed to pee, this is a regular occurrence for me - the food thing, it's a part of the depression, didn't help we bought a bottle of pop for in the car and I couldn't open it cause the sausage fingers are a bit painful and I can only get them so far before they really hurt, dont think poor dp is going to want to do food shopping again with me while im pg!

grainmum Sun 12-May-13 21:51:34

thanks redwelley and learner.

mrs bri I can't remember what your cross stitch is? I'm doing one that's got several animals on, only at about 50% so far and expecting 3 weeks to go so not hopeful for finishing before baby arrives.

Hawkmoth Sun 12-May-13 22:32:35

Learnermummy... I would sort something to wear out if I were you. Had HB with DS but BP spiked and they called an ambulance. I pushed out baby pretty quick with a paramedic sat on the stairs but I ended up in some godawful fifteen year old nightie as I'd been naked up to that point... And I always sleep naked! It's something I need to sort for this one, though I have got a South Park t-shirt that I've set aside for a hospital birth that I don't want!

MrsBri Sun 12-May-13 22:38:39

Grainmum, this is the one I'm doing: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B001DHVQQ6

So far I've done all the carriages and most of the border. I just need to finish the border and flowers, then do all the outline stitching and French knots and I'll be done, apart from adding the name, date and weight once baby is born. It's been hard work, I can tell you!

34 week midwife appointment tomorrow. Hopefully all will be well. I feel much bigger now, so we shall see how the bump measurement part of it goes :-)

MrsBri Sun 12-May-13 22:39:20

Bugger, forgot to do the link properly: www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B001DHVQQ6

redwellybluewelly Sun 12-May-13 22:43:40

I was also intending on HB with dc1, started in labour in maternity trousers and vest top, wasn't long before I was down to a bra and shortly after starkers!

And a friend who has two water births (lucky lucky lucky sigh) said the exact same thing. Was so hot anyway and more comfy, not the end of the world. And I'm also usually very conservative and prudish grin

learnermummy Sun 12-May-13 22:44:26

Good plan hawk - cant really get into an ambulance naked! Have maternity nighties but wouldn't want them ruined. Perhaps will try and get an oversized Tesco nightie.

redwellybluewelly Sun 12-May-13 22:45:24

Sorry missed a bit out, was intending on HB so had nothing suitable for wearing in hospital, therefore when I went in I stayed wearing what I'd been wearing all day!

learnermummy Sun 12-May-13 22:47:23

Wow that looks like loads of work MrsBri, this is mine www.dunelm-mill.com/m/shop/the-toy-shelf-cross-stitch-set-121815 but still taking forever!

MrsBri Sun 12-May-13 22:48:38

Learner, I bought a cheap size 18-20 one from Asda. It won't hurt if it gets ruined.

MrsBri Sun 12-May-13 22:50:24

That's so cute, Learner. But I don't have two kids already so can dedicate more time to it, so I'm not surprised you're struggling to get yours done.

Sunbeam18 Sun 12-May-13 23:25:52

Place mark! My car broke down today (on my own ) and had to get towed home by RAC. Not good day. Tomorrow will be better! My mothercare order should arrive and I can then pack hospital bag.

AlohaMama Sun 12-May-13 23:57:10

Love the cross stitches. MIL did a beautiful Beatrix potter one for ds, am hoping she will repeat her efforts for number 2.

With all this talk of snacks, is that for you, or for partners? And are you talking about during labour? I'm pretty sure I wasn't allowed to eat anything in labour with ds in case I had to have an emcs. Only lollipops and ice chips. I don't remember feeling hungry though. But now I feel like I might be missing out!

grainmum Mon 13-May-13 07:09:16

Regarding snacks my yoga teacher who is also a doula suggested making broth as something nutritious to drink in labour. If you drink it strained, no rules broken! I dutifully made mine on Friday and froze 3x500ml bottles. Now all I have to do is remember it's there when I go into labour.

Was also having a big debate re hospital nightwear yesterday. I've managed at home to stay in my usual pyjama bottoms just worn under bump, now with baggy t-shirt on top. I've bought a big night shirt from primark for labour, although if I got the chance to change to a hospital gown I'd do that to avoid horrible washing. I've then got one pair of front opening bigger pyjamas for after. Hoping that will do - don't really want to spend a lot of money on "special" pyjamas at this stage.

AmIGoingMad Mon 13-May-13 07:09:20

One of those silly wkends with being too busy then sleeping lots cos too tired! Hope to catch up properly today but just wanted to say good luck today sams!smile

AlohaMama Mon 13-May-13 07:18:43

Is it Monday already. In which case good luck Sam's, and hope it goes well with your mil being there!

learnermummy Mon 13-May-13 07:46:15

Yes hope all ok today Sams

SunnyL Mon 13-May-13 07:51:38

Urggh! So glad this is my last Monday morning alarm clock for a while. Knackered. At 3am this morning I decided I hadn't felt baby move for ages and couldn't remember when I'd last felt it move so worked myself up into a tizzy trying to persuade baby to move, then of course when it did start kicking I'd totally woken myself up. Yaaaaawwwwn!

pinkapples Mon 13-May-13 08:06:25

Good luck today sams ill be thinking of you

Midwife this morning then off to work sooo tired!

redwellybluewelly Mon 13-May-13 08:09:42

Sams hope you get on ok today

I've a MW appt and my WC jab this afternoon, baby is starting to move less and less, with the best will in the world I'm trying not to become anxious but if it continues to move infrequently I know that it'll be an EMCS as they have already said. 36 weeks today and I'd hoped to make it to 37 weeks at least.

On that note, I'm off to find my count tje kicks bracelet and also finish finding up things for my labour bag. Hope people have a good day.

pinkbear82 Mon 13-May-13 09:08:42

Good luck sams - will be thinking of you.

Snack wise I think it's meant for both us and birthing partners - midwife said high energy things good for us and anything to stop dp's having to keep popping in and out!! Although now its my mum 100% we'll have to take a lot more as she has awful allergies and can't just buy ready, quick things. She's also diabetic so will need regular bits. Think I'll be more worried how she's coping then how I'm doing!!

Think as the sun seems to be out here, I might take a stroll to boots and use some of my advantage points to treat myself to a few bits and bobs. Any of you ladies have good recommendations for hair products? I've been using the macadamia oil shampoo and conditioner, and as much as I love it I don't think I can warrant rebuying it just at the moment. And I'm running low so need to get something in - I'm blonde and quite fine haired, but lots of it. I do tend to straighten it and currently chin length bob type cut. Any tips gratefully received smile

Have good days ladies and may all bumps behave and for those that need them to stay put a bit longer do so!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now