Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

June 2013 - Thread 7 - Getting closer!

(993 Posts)
Sarah2506 Sat 11-May-13 11:35:58

We got full! Hope everyone manages to find their way back here:-)

Olimoss Sat 11-May-13 17:26:42

Good tshirt and car seat tip - I will get the boyfriend onto it!

redwellybluewelly Sat 11-May-13 17:47:29

Found you.

I have six days left at work. Hallelujah.

I also have five days of solo parenting. Not so hallelujah. DD has morphed into child from hell. Earlier it was pouring with rain and she was so cross about not being allowed out she tipped all my germinating tomato and squash plants out over the floor. DH caught her doing it and I couldn't decide whether to cry or yell. I love my plants.

May have to watch her more carefully around new baby!

AlohaMama Sat 11-May-13 17:57:46

Marking my place. Will be back later. Have to see what other productive things me and dh can get done today. Yesterday he cleaned the carpet while I got loads of paperwork stuff done, took stuff to charity shop and organised a few more boxes. Today is beach then organising the shed. Hospital bag to be done next week.

Not long now rue!

Sams4lo Sat 11-May-13 18:04:06

Getting really nervous now sad going to be induced on Monday or a section on Wednesday due to pre eclampsia confused

Sarah2506 Sat 11-May-13 18:04:57

I love, love, love Persephone. I HATE that it's spelt like that though, which means people would call her Percy-Phone, and not Per-sif-annie. Maybe I could just invent a new spelling Persifannie?!

DontmindifIdo Sat 11-May-13 18:15:37

Sams - ooh, that's very soon! Are you all prepared? How are you feeling?

Sarah - I know, stupid spelling but it sounds so pretty. And I even like that a little girl might get nicknamed Percy (which is quite cool). OK, she was Hades wife and naming your DD after the Queen of the underworld might be inviting disaster, but still, gorgeous sounding name... But no stupid spellings - I've had a lifetime of saying "no, not with an 'i'." on the phone to call centres and explaining yet again why I didn't get that e-mail, I'm determined my DCs will always have the most 'common' spelling of their names!

DontmindifIdo Sat 11-May-13 18:17:17

olimoss- it also gives him a job to do if he's being hard work and flapping round you close to your due date.... (BTW - please tell me your PIL aren't staying with you? it was you that had the cheeky PIL wanting to stay for weeks round your due date?)

pinkbear82 Sat 11-May-13 18:22:22

good thinking mrsbri - thank you! 6 week's would at least give us time to sort a name..... snail mail is slow for debates!

Olimoss Sat 11-May-13 18:46:36

Dontmind - No it's my mum, coming from Australia, but she is here till mid-July! Lordy....

We have a planned Csection so we know the date but neither of us have been great at doing much other than stand and stare at the buggy and car seat and go, 'holy shit' so we probably should have a practice! We've been easily diverted by sorting the house out, painting fences, and having days off!!

Olimoss Sat 11-May-13 18:48:30

Sarah - I know a Persephone, she's called Percy - I love it.....but then all the girl names I favour tend to be boyish. Boyfriend wasn't so sure, guess lucky we are having a boy....

Knomski Sat 11-May-13 19:03:50

Don't mind- thanks for those suggestions, genevieve is lovely! I think the problem is, I fell in love with both my ds names and they jus felt right, but haven't felt like that about any girls names. Think there's too much choice for girls and the poor love will be stuck with the name all her life- no pressure there then :/

Learner - glad I'm not on my own then, I'm sure it will all come naturally as it did with the boys when she arrives but can't help worry!!

Good luck sams, hope all goes well smile how exciting that you will meet your baby so soon!

redwellybluewelly Sat 11-May-13 19:08:06

So Sams on Wednesday and Rue Thursday, really is getting real now!

I'm in the bath. DH is getting Chinese after a difficult day for us both.

We didn't register DD until she was home,and then a few weeks after as couldn't book a slot with the registrar! !

redwellybluewelly Sat 11-May-13 19:10:43

Knomski we picked a simple name for DD (DC1) but I've fallen in love with an unusual name for DC2 and DH has surprisingly said ok! I weighed up the issues with spelling and pronunciation but decided if baby suits the name we'll go for it. If they hate it we'll change it when they are older!

SunnyL Sat 11-May-13 19:20:57

I've a friend with a DD called Esther - I think it's a lovely name.

I got my way with the boy name for us when DH decided it would work well when his child is stood on the podium having won the F1 world championship. Personally i picked it because its a character in a book whi i really fancied! The girl name is a bit of a coup because it technically is after 3 family members - it wasn't even because of that I just really like the name.

ginauk84 Sat 11-May-13 19:25:28

DontmindifIdo my cousing is called Eloise, named after the children's books. They do tend to call her Els or Ellie for short though.

We have a lovely name picked, well I think so, just hope it suits her when she's here as we picked it before we were even pregnant! Lol!

Went into town and hobbled round lol, wanted some tickets to the Mothercare baby event and just happened on one lovely dress left in the sale in my size reduced from £30 to £10 perfect for the wedding - hoorah!!!

Then I was gutted as new look have stopped stocking maternity but H&M had some lovely stuff in. Feels weird buying maternity dresses when a lot of you are moving out of them!!

Had my eyebrows threaded and had a treat by a complimentary face and hand massage smile

Sams4lo Sat 11-May-13 19:27:18

I'm really worried and anxious sad bags packed and kids r sorted smile they are trying a vbac arm on Monday so depends how favourable I am, and if not i go in Wednesday for the section! Not sure what they will say as my spd is so bad can only get my knees 10cm! Ouch sad

pinkapples Sat 11-May-13 19:32:19

Oh sams try not to worry I'm sure it'll be fine they'll do all they can to get baby out safely

I'm now worried as I have packed bag (1 bag for both of us) and I thought I'd have loads of space now its full after today's shop and still no tshirts or snacks hmm is everyone in one bag or separates for them and baby?

MrsBri Sat 11-May-13 19:45:00

Sam, I'm sure it will be fine. And getting baby out safely is paramount.

Pink, I have a during labour bag and an after wheelie suitcase. I think I may still need a back up bag in the car too if we stay in longer than 1 night!

I need to repack my bag now more bits have arrived. Still need some chocolate to add to the snacks too!

Steffanoid Sat 11-May-13 20:05:05

place marking, I'll come back when I've some energy and catch up

pinkbear82 Sat 11-May-13 20:12:18

I've used baby's changing bag for packing its bits in for hospital and my normal 'weekend' bag for me. must remember to pack a towel and put snacks in....

how many nappies is everyone taking?! I've put a pack next to the bags because I can't decide and figured too many were better than not enough!

today my Springer has wanted to be on me most the day - he hates it when bubs moves and he feels it, he gets off and looks at Me like I've done something awful to him! realised the sofa is quite tight fit fir me, bump and an over friendly Dog!!

ginauk84 Sat 11-May-13 20:33:25

I just put one small pack of nappies in as they take up so much room, figured hubby could get more if needs be.

DontmindifIdo Sat 11-May-13 20:37:46

I've put in one pack of nappies, we have another at home and they sell them in the supermarket round the corner from the hospital.

redwellybluewelly Sat 11-May-13 21:35:53

I've given up and come to bed. Shattered.

DH playing the 'competitive tiredness' card tonight, he has looked after toddler all day, but he has also had an almost two hour nap. I left the house at 7.45am and returned at 4pm, having done two hours of driving, set up a big work event, done four hours face to face networking and come home to complaints from DH about 'why are we having another?'

Sigh.

Steffanoid Sat 11-May-13 21:37:43

im back, had a very tiring day, my baby shower was this afternoon hosted by my bff and godmother to be and omg people were so generous. filled my car up, at last count have 30 packs of baby wipes and 10 baby soaps, clothes everywhere! dont know where it's all gonna go
re hospital bags I've got 3! one backpack for labour for both of us and the changing bag full for bubs and a backpack full for me if we have to stay in-my Dsis had to stay in for a few days, im determined not to but am prepared just in case, my bag has spare room so may look at compacting it,
with surnames were having dps as the babies surname, we're engaged and intending on.getting married and my surname is a welsh name that could be a Christian name and it's being middle name to honour my father who passed nearly a year ago and it'll.be a middle name rather than a double barreled surname.
gosh im pooped tomorrow we're putting the cot up and moving our room around a bit to accommodate the crib and Moses basket, I say we, I mean dp

maisiebeem Sun 12-May-13 06:13:03

Just marking my place! Damn my body clock! Sill waking up early, despite being on maternity leave for a week and it being the weekend! It's lovely knowing that I won't have that Sunday evening feeling later though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now