Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

October 2013: Almost halfway!

(1000 Posts)
cherrycherry41 Fri 10-May-13 23:50:30

Thread 8 of 1,000 wink

Still think you are having a girl haylebop smile

Definitely a girl haylebop!

Haylebop12 Tue 28-May-13 10:00:58

Hehe me too! I did the Chinese gender chart way back before my 12 week scan and if my date was anything from 13-17th oct (I'm 13th) it is a girl.

Not sure if it was correct for dd...

Haylebop12 Tue 28-May-13 10:07:43

Nope said boy with dd......

claphammama Tue 28-May-13 10:08:13

Ignore me re: bugaboos then! As mentioned, I have no first hand experience so just passing on second hand opinions - most of my NCT class had bugaboos and several had this problems. However, it was almost 5 years ago - perhaps they had a different model, or perhaps they started making them a bit bigger in the last years... Or perhaps they had massive babies :-) no idea!
I have a tractor! I love it as DS could nap in it even when he was 2 years old, and it's surprisingly light and easy to fold. However, it was definitely a challenge to get into small shops and cafes and it took half of the pavement! Don't envy you having to get a double warlin.

shire sorry about the stretch marks

Just got to the office as felt really rough this morning... my blood pressure was so low that felt like I was about to faint so didn't want to risk it on the tune. Also, the old friend morning sickness is back for some reason so this kept me busy too... Not the best start to this week!

Smitten1981 Tue 28-May-13 10:11:32

I'm getting a bugaboo, I've made my mind up having looked at loads of them. They're on the Cameleon 3 now Clapham which has been mostly redesigned and I think they have made the seat a bit longer.

I'm buying one straight after the scan next Wednesday. Cannot wait to push the dog around in it see how it all works.

GTbaby Tue 28-May-13 10:25:11

My scan is at 1.30 today. Exciting. Good luck everyone

claphammama Tue 28-May-13 10:40:09

That might explain it smitten! I must say they look gorgeous

When is your scan next week? I'm Tuesday

Good luck today gt - are you going to find out the sex?

Flyer747 Tue 28-May-13 10:40:13

Good Luck today's scanning ladies.

I had pains in the night, quite low down on both my left and right side (lower abdomen) and my tummy aches too, it feels kinda heavy and a bit of pressure. It was really not nice and worried me. Will go to the DR's this avo and get it checked out.

I used that baby prediction and once it said my age at conception was 36 (was actually 33) then secondly when I imputed my due date it said I conceived in June...I'm thinking its not very good!!! I just used the parenting.com chinese baby predictor, it said Girl! I tried it out on my friends who've had babies and it got theirs right too....have a nice day all.

Sorry to hear about your MS claphammama I hope you feel better asap. And hayle with all that MS you gotta be having a girl.. :-) .

Smitten1981 Tue 28-May-13 11:03:44

Clapham It's at 2pm next Wednesday, the day after you.

Slowjogs Tue 28-May-13 13:07:07

Good luck GTBaby and everyone else scanning today!

DH is keen to by a baby rucksack (for want of a better phrase) as he thinks it will have the same effect as a hands free kit. Has anybody researched or used these before?

I read in a magazine that the Stokke MyCarrier was best for the babys posture- www.mumsnet.com/reviews/on-the-move/baby-carriers-and-baby-slings/16549-stokke-mycarrier but haven't read up on anything else yet.

Sorry if this has already been discussed- I lose track very quickly!!

Slowjogs Tue 28-May-13 13:07:43

*buy. Shocking grammar & spelling there!

Haylebop we're in the same position- can't agree on a girls name. Think that alone means we will have girls! I'm a bit worried baby will come and I'll have to give her a name I'm not in love with. Of course that's not rational we've for plenty of time!

Checked with DP last night that he didn't want to find out the gender just in case he decides to change his mind in the scanning room! We both decided we will defo wait. Baby's been v active the last couple of days, Sod's law says sonographer won't be able to see anything and baby will go to sleep and refuse to move!

Going to look at the Britax Affinity after the scan, still haven't seen it in person lol. V excited, 4pm seems so far away!! Good luck GT Baby I'll be looking out for an update. Hope you're not feeling too uncomfortable today. Someone was scanning at 12 but I can't go back on my phone... Waiting to hear some good news!!

Smitten1981 Tue 28-May-13 13:45:25

Wahhhh I just had a nosebleed. That's two I've had this month, I've never had one in my entire life before now.

Wickedgirl Tue 28-May-13 14:00:44

I am going against the grain here but I hate bugaboos. They are heavy, don't collapse well at all and the on,y surface they Re easy to push on is smooth tarmac. If you live in a city and never have to collapse it, you might be ok but if you live anywhere where you are likely to want to walk though a park on the grass it just doesn't work properly. When I nanny, I dread the families telling me they have a bugaboo.

Flyer......my DD has a friend called Emme (same name just different spelling) and she is a lovely girl.

Whoever said about stretch marks........yep, I have them all across my tummy despite all of the creams and oils I have been putting on. The joys of pregnancy!

GTbaby Tue 28-May-13 14:22:27

It's a boy. He is being a typical thread baby bin bad position to check spine. So sat here drinking water do hope he moves. All perfect other then that.
Oh well. Guess I don't have to buy anything new.

GTbaby Tue 28-May-13 14:26:39

Oh and I have an anterior placenta. hmm Although may be grateful of that later on when the kicks aren't waking me up.

GTbaby Tue 28-May-13 14:28:41

Slowjogs I'm getting a rack sack to because of the hands free element. Never seen a 'baby' changing one. Was just going to buy a 'trendy' racksack

PseudoBadger Tue 28-May-13 14:32:07

Congrats GT! Were you hoping for a girl this time? And another member of our anterior club grin

Smitten1981 Tue 28-May-13 14:33:53

Congrats GT on another boy and another anterior placenta! We're doing well here.

Wicked I thought you could flip the Bugaboo bar the other way for 'rougher terrain'? What's the best buggy you have used? Don't want to make a massive mistake with the Bugaboo. It did look the best to me, it doesn't seem as bulky as the rest.

PseudoBadger Tue 28-May-13 14:40:17

I've started our New Thread

GTbaby Tue 28-May-13 19:33:50

Must finish thread before moving to the nxtshock

GTbaby Tue 28-May-13 19:34:52

I'm having a boy. La di da. No girls for me. Who will get all my bags?

GTbaby Tue 28-May-13 19:36:07

I had really sore boobs last night hmmshock

GTbaby Tue 28-May-13 19:36:20

Done grin

This thread is not accepting new messages.