Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

October 2013: Almost halfway!

(1000 Posts)
cherrycherry41 Fri 10-May-13 23:50:30

Thread 8 of 1,000 wink

Natalieand Sat 11-May-13 09:09:22

I will be 18 weeks on Monday and its 13 days until 20 week scan (19wk 4day scan)

pink I personally think that 20 weeks is half way unless u no u are delivering early like in legallys case.

Not even out of bed yet and all of a sudden I have a full ache type pain all the way round my back and right low down of my tummy... More uncomfortable than painful ATM I'd say. Anything to worry about do u think? X

Natalieand Sat 11-May-13 09:12:38

Oh and for those wondering about old wives tales with gender this is how it is for me
1st pregnancy dd was always around 160bpm and I loved ice lollies orange juice and curry sauce

This time I'm having a boy and at the gender scan the heart rate was 140bpm and I am going mad for cheese and pickle rolls and fizzy drinks lol

textbook Sat 11-May-13 09:28:43

My midwife didn't mention heart rate of baby after listening to it sad do you think it will be written in my notes?

pinkbuttons yes I am very impatient and a total control freak, so will be finding out if we can! So more girl/boy news due on Thursday everyone grin

JellyCurls Sat 11-May-13 09:33:42

New thread already, glad I found you all.

Morning weigh in today and put on 8lb so far so quite happy with that. roxvox with dc1 I had no permanently noticeable bump till about 26 weeks so hang in there. Never ever got my much desired shelf to put my dinner plate on but that's what happens when you tall.

On girl / boy debate.

Dc1 is a girl, hb of around 158 and I craved fruit and ice cream.
Dc2 is a boy, hb of around 138 and I craved chocolate.
DC3 is ???, hb if 150 at 16 weeks and no cravings at all

JellyCurls Sat 11-May-13 09:34:53

text should be written on your notes that's where our is recorded

Haylebop12 Sat 11-May-13 10:05:56

Mine wasn't written in my notes, I asked the midwife what it was :-)

Shirehobbit Sat 11-May-13 10:09:12

My notes seem to record very little of any interest, tbf.

Having said I was wolfing down craving savoury foods, I've just demolished two Eccles cakes. Oops blush

Natalieand Sat 11-May-13 10:40:53

Currently eating pancakes with sugar and lemon. I had wanted a cheese toastie but we appear to have run out of cheese I blame dh so pancakes will have to fill the gap for now lol

Flyer747 Sat 11-May-13 11:07:17

Is anyone else suffering with trapped wind? I have it near enough constantly it's so uncomfy....I really want to fart (sorry tmi) but can't!

Flyer747 Sat 11-May-13 11:10:09

Following on from that I ate a small tub of dried fruit and nuts yesterday and I was on all fours trying to expel the air last night....then when it did expel my god I nearly gased the house out! Haha, I'm such a classy lady.

All the time flyer! its horrid!!!

Racheld33 Sat 11-May-13 11:37:20

Hi all, just committed the biggest faux-pas...... Doing a food shop whilst hungry-the rubbish I have bought!

Claphammama Sat 11-May-13 12:07:55

flyer this made me laugh so much! The image of you on all fours!! Haha
Unfortunately, I don't suffer from trapped wind but from uncontrollable wind. It just sometimes happens, with no warning, no respect for where I am or who I am with! Lucking, happened only near DP so far (very sexy) but dreading it happening in the office one day...

Smitten1981 Sat 11-May-13 12:27:55

Just back from the scan. It's a boy, how wrong was I? The heart rate was 167bpm so the heart rate thing can't be that reliable.

I'm a little disappointed, but I'll get over it I guess.

Placenta is at the front so I can expect to feel movement very soon.

Natalieand Sat 11-May-13 12:31:16

smitten I can sympathise with your disappointment, I spent the first 48 hours randomly bursting into tears I've known for 10 days now and am beginning to adjust to the idea.

Remind me smitten do u have any dc already? Xx

Claphammama Sat 11-May-13 12:35:00

Congrats smitten! Trust me - little boys are adorable!

Smitten1981 Sat 11-May-13 12:39:53

No kids Natalie. First one!

Natalieand Sat 11-May-13 12:42:25

Aww just give yourself a few days Hun and go out buy some cute boy clothes and you'll wonder why u was ever dissappinted xx
How does do feel a out having a boy?

What changing bags does everyone have/buying I'm just browsing on google and not really sure what to go for. My sister gave me hers with dd and it was just plain black but its had it now so can't re use it for this baby c

Having a boy first is awesome I love my wee man but then obviously I am biased but you will love it they are so loving to their mummys too smitten xxx

I promised dd yesterday I would take her to soft play but after hunting all morning for my only other clean pair of maternity leggings I have just discovered them at the bottom of the Laundry basket.
I'm so fed up of having nothing to wear.

ananikifo Sat 11-May-13 13:45:50

Hi, everyone.

roxvox I hope you had a lovely birthday.

Congrats to everyone who had scans! I admire the restraint of those who didn't find out the sex of the baby.

I went to work yesterday and wasn't too bad but today my whole back aches. I had an idea that we weren't allowed hot water bottles (to avoid overheating) but Dr Google says its ok so I've made very good use of it! I've also finished knitting my little cardigan and now I need some cute buttons and a new project.

Also, on the subject of moving, from the previous thread, we started the process of buying a house before I knew I was pregnant and are expecting to close in the next month. I think the excitement of the baby is distracting us from the stress of moving and buying a house. Of course our stress is nothing compared to the stress of a woman at work who is due on the 25th and moved last week! Her first baby had been early so she was understandably nervous about the timing of this move.

cherrycherry41 Sat 11-May-13 14:36:56

Congrats smitten! smile

Changing bags wise- i have a Cath Kidson bag and its lovely! It in green polka dot and come with lots of extras like a changing mat, dirty clothes bag, bottle holder (keeps hot/cold), flannel etc
I spent £75 on it and get lots of compliments about it, will be using it this time too smile

So today i fainted in the hairdressers- it was eventful to say the least. Started to feel funny/dizzy/seeing alot of white whilst she was blowdrying my hair so i asked her to stop and went outside for 5 with some water. Felt ok when i came back in, then i sat down and i started to feel a little sick so i went to the toilet, wasnt sick...
Came back to the chair and as i went to sit down i went really light and just completely blacked out! They knew i was pregnant so they rang a blooming ambulance blush
Paramedics came and checked my bp which was a little low but otherwise ok. Told me to keep hydrated and eat plenty of sugary foods to stop it from happening again!
I was very embarrassed to say the least! confused

ananikifo Sat 11-May-13 14:42:18

Aw cherry how awful. How do you feel now? It may feel like a lot of fuss but it's better to stay on the safe side.

cherrycherry41 Sat 11-May-13 14:50:42

I feel fine now tbh, came home and had some pasta and a jam doughnutwink It was very weird how it came on all of a sudden! Just packing for our holiday tomorrow (off to cornwall in the rain woo!angry ), DD is with PIL and DP is home at 5 so after ive finished most of the packing im going to put my feet up smile
I agree, better to be safe smile And itll be a good story to tell little bean when he/she is older! grin

GTbaby Sat 11-May-13 15:16:54

Aww cherry! That's horrible bits my worse nightmare to faint. Just imagin in wearing a dress n everyone sees my knickers! Yes that's how bizzar my thinking is. blush

Nat n smitten. Dc1 is a boy. I wanted a girl BUT having a boy meant culturally I was relieved. Big pressure to have a son. This time I desperately want a girl n I'm scared of finding out. As I'm worried ill be disappointed if its another boy. I love my lil boy. He is adorable. However with current SPD n MS early on. I know I can't/ don't want to go thro another pregnancy. So if I have another boy I have to come to terms to not having a girl. DH got very annoyed when I expressed this to him. As I should be happy regardless of what gender I have. Obviously ill love my baby regardless but I am worried ill be disappointed hmm stupid man just didn't get it.

Smitten wrt nappy bag I use my large LV bag or my longchamp bag. No proper nappy bag. However I think I might get one now as nappy bags usually have dividers n compartment inside which are good for keeping things organised. Which will be useful with two dc in nappies. OR I might buy a racksack. Easier as hands free. Might be good as if I need to case it it won't swing about n is kinda out of the way.

This thread is not accepting new messages.