Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

The 4th Gemini Luxury Bus- The One with CAR SEATS

(671 Posts)

Welcome aboard ladies! You will see the newly installed infant car seats complete with cup holders for the mums waters wine. Make yourselves comfortable, it's going to be a long and sometimes bumpy journey with little ones making their arrivals!

Previous Fred.

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Thu 20-Jun-13 21:46:29

I've been sleeping bring grin and I'm still tired.

Jojobump1986 Thu 20-Jun-13 22:19:11

I've been sleeping too, but mostly because it gives me an excuse to lie down & take the pressure off my back, pelvis & piles. I think DS2 broke me! sad

Jojobump1986 Fri 21-Jun-13 04:15:31

What kind of not-even-2-week-old sleeps for 6.5 hours straight?! He's completely skipped a feed & is still asleep but disturbing now! confused

By busy, I totally meant for sleeping to be in that category. Ouch Jo! I hope you're feeling better. I would think that no feeds in nearly 7 hrs would result in some very sore boobies too!

Jojobump1986 Fri 21-Jun-13 04:49:03

Yy. Very sore! I've expressed & he's having a bottle feed now! I didn't even bother trying to get him to latch on - there was no way he was going to attach to those rocks! Feeling much better now, although I'm wondering about expressing from the other side because he should be feeding from that side now & it'll be more than a little uncomfortable by the time we get to his next normal feed that's if he doesn't skip another one!

Jojo I've always found you can get a newborn to sleep for up to a 7 hr stint ( it's just they prefer to do it in the day confused)
Dd2 has done a few nights at 2 weeks with just 1 wake between 7-7 but then they seem to regress before they get better again, was it when you wanted ( night?) or day there was one day when dd2 was in the fist week where she went the same and would not wake for love nor money, it was just the one day though
I know what you mean bring, I've allready forgotten all of the discomfort pregnancy brought and the birth and convinced myself it was enjoyable at times, I'm broody again and she's only a month old !!! ( dh doesn't know!) I think it must be a hormone thing as I know it's not sane!

Ps Jojo hope your pains go soon, I was worried at the beginning and had back pain that lasted a few weeks where I thought oh no is this permanent but its all gone now, I think you do just need a few weeks for your body to recover

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Fri 21-Jun-13 09:33:54

Ds did the 4.30am wake last night. Ow ow ow boob rocks.

My days are starting to merge into one. Why has this taken until now?

And it seems like super windy baby has developed into reflux central. Poor little sausage, I feel so bad for him that I can't make it magically go away. sad

Hello everyone. I hope you don't mind me popping by.

For obvious reasons I've been very aware that this was going to be a time of new beginnings and so I thought I'd look in and see how you're all getting on. And look at you all! I'm so pleased and thrilled for you all and the arrivals of your new people. Sending loads of love, congratulations and flowers

Thunder x

Lorelei353 Fri 21-Jun-13 10:48:12

Hi thunder Lovely of you to drop in and say hello. Been chaos around here of late, but all little ones here now.

Hope everything's good with you,

Lorelei353 Fri 21-Jun-13 10:57:48

We actually had some decent sleep last night.

DS's feeding is becoming longer and a bit more erratic. We had been waking every three hours to feed to get weight gain back on track. We can relax that a bit now but he's looking to feed far more often - sometimes for much longer feeds, from both breasts, than before, but sometimes just short little top-ups not long after a main feed. He did do longer stints of sleep last night though which was lovelyl only problem is that he's then much hungrier and crankier, and then takes about 20mins to actually get on the breast, as opposed to two or three minutes when he's calm. Hard to now whether to wake hm to feed during the night and have a calmer feed, or just let him lead us but deal with crankier baby.

Jojobump1986 Fri 21-Jun-13 12:14:46

Thunder! <waves madly> How are you doing? I was just thinking about you & all the others we seem to have lost or temporarily misplaced along the way! Hope you're well! Am I remembering correctly that you were having problems with your thyroid?

Hey jojo!

Yeah I'm alright. Up and down to be honest and still very unpregnant which makes me very sad but let's not dwell on that. And yes it is me with the thyroid problems. Most recent blood test showed a healthy level tho so that's good.

So are you guys going to stay on your bus together? Maybe the next one will drive out of ante-natal as you've gone past that point now! I love it that you're all still mates.

I also have to say I'm in awe of all of you for getting through those births in the way you did. What a spectrum of experiences you all had!

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Fri 21-Jun-13 13:57:49

Hey thund <gives big squishes>

Hey frus <accepts being squished despite the rock boobs>

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Fri 21-Jun-13 14:18:47

Omg anyone else short-term memory stuffed?

I remember writing the rock boobs post, but don't remember posting it. How odd. I'm having this all the time. And forgetting what DH has said literally straight after, despite having a conversation with him.

Just what I need when I'm attempting to do my tax credits review. Not.

Can safely say that the bouncy chair is redundant as ds likes a beanbag better.

Hmm, yy thund I guess we should hire a luxury bus over in post natal. once we get past the bluring days grin

You didn't need to write it frus - yours have been rocks since you got your bfp!

Surely you can just drive this beaut over to post natal?

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Fri 21-Jun-13 15:00:55

They come and go these days thund grin usually a good way to tell which one is next, unless he does the 4.30am feed.

Hey thunder!! Long time-no see. Hope you are well!!

We could abandon this bus thread and start a postnatal one.... what does everyone else want to do?

I'm going to have to join you in the rock-boobies clan. Oh. Emm. Gee, they are crazy right now. Baby is feeding every 2 hrs and it's like I can't get her to take enough milk out of them, even when she feeds on both sides! They are full-capacity again within like 20 minutes. Midwife is bringing a cabbage over, and I'm looking forward to when my ice packs are frozen enough to use. I need some relief! Already tried expressing last night, which helped for the night but I feel like I'm going to have to try to get through the day and express again tonight. Ahhhh, it's only 9! And she's sleeping, so I should be trying to sleep, but my boobies are throbbing. sad

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Fri 21-Jun-13 15:10:35

post-natal bus booked for when we're ready. grin

Ouchy bring

Librarina Sat 22-Jun-13 00:49:36

Evening all!

Seems like I can barely keep up with Facebook and texts and email and the bus so I'm sorry for neglecting you here.

Shall we agree to drive over to post natal then? I ge the feeling the nights are going to be long and we may &#373;ell need each other.

Ps. I'VE LEARNT T TYOE ONE HANDED!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now