Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

The 4th Gemini Luxury Bus- The One with CAR SEATS

(671 Posts)

Welcome aboard ladies! You will see the newly installed infant car seats complete with cup holders for the mums waters wine. Make yourselves comfortable, it's going to be a long and sometimes bumpy journey with little ones making their arrivals!

Previous Fred.

Jojobump1986 Thu 09-May-13 08:38:42

That pain was worse than labour for me! At least with labour you know that your body is doing something useful. Gas-pain just feels like you've been stabbed/punched or have internal bleeding! sad

Librarina Thu 09-May-13 10:49:49

I feel bad for laughing at your gas story Jojo so I'll share my own tale of stupidity.

You all know that I think the sensation of the baby wriggling is weird, and not always pleasant. Well it's getting weirder and more and more squirmy to the point that it takes my breath away sometimes. So I had a Midwife appointment yesterday and mentioned to her that I would be very keen to have another scan as I'm fairly convinced that my baby has too many limbs; I just don't see how it can be physically possible for this small person to kick me in so many places at once.

Well my lovely Midwife failed completely to hide her giggles, held my hand and said 'You know that anomaly scan you had at 20 weeks? Well they count all the limbs there, and you had just the right number then'.

To which I replied 'Well it could grown another one since then!'

and she just laughed at me!

So I told her that if my baby has 3 legs or more I'm taking it back to the ante-natal clinic and blaming her
Frankly I'm appalled that a supposedly caring Midwife would laugh at a clearly distressed pregnant woman smile !

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Thu 09-May-13 11:04:29

Oh lib grin you really have made me laugh. Bless ya. although I do think they can turn into octopus if not checked regularly

Lorelei353 Thu 09-May-13 11:14:42

Lib that's so funny. I totally know what you mean though. Mine seems to have tentacles, reaching out into places. At the very least I'm convinced it has very long limbs - I don't know how it can reach so far at the same time sometimes! It can be so uncomfortable with all the squirming.

Love the idea of calling the labour ward with bad gas though. Sounds like the type of thing I'd do. I've been fortunate that I've not been suffering painful gas (better out than in according to my body apparently blush ). Haven't really had BH yet either. Keep waiting for them to hit me and freak me out!

I did get up this morning and got a lovely text from a friend I've made in one of my yoga classes to say that she'd had her little girl yesterday. 8lbs 11oz! All healthy and well though. Don't know anything about the birth but healthy mama and healthy baby sounds like a good outcome to me.

Hahahha oh Frus. Ouch, gas pains really are the worst! Sometimes the BH are just excruciating because it's like it messes with your abdominal muscles and it is a sharp pain when everything is all stretched and contracted at the same time. I am pretty positive you wouldn't have been the first to call the maternity ward for gas pains!! We've been called to births for constipation and indigestion before.... it totally happens to the best of us.

LOL Lib! Oh that's funny. I would love to meet your midwife smile

Mmmm, yep, I'm in the same boat as you today Jo. Currently wearing a maternity belt to try to hold everything together which isn't working very well

I think all of the regulars on here have joined the fb page so I'll make it secret. Pls let me know if I've missed anyone!

Jojobump1986 Thu 09-May-13 15:10:42

I'm so freaking ANGRY! angry

The last time I went to the clinic I saw the midwife who I've since requested not to have involved in my care. She booked my home visit for 2 weeks ago & my 36 week check for today. Except she didn't write in my appointment for today so I just spent half an hour with a bored, frustrated toddler assuming they were just running late. Eventually I asked at the reception & she checked with the mw who came out to see me & explain that either I could wait another half an hour with a toddler who needed a nap or I'd have to come back another day. That woman is just so incompetent it's beyond a joke! I'm literally sobbing with anger so I can't even call DH because I know I couldn't get the words out!

ARGH! angry

Yikes! She doesn't sound very with it! What a inconvenience and waste of time for you, especially with trying to keep a youngster busy in a waiting room. I'm sorry you had to go through that today. Were you able to see the midwife or do you have to come back?

They should know better than to mess with a full-term pregnant woman!

Did you stay then Jojo? How anoying nothing worse when your trying to look after little ones aswell hmm
Has anyone had stabing pains in I guess cervix or fanjo? I wondered if it normal

Jojobump1986 Thu 09-May-13 20:38:20

Yy to stabbing pains!

No, I didn't stay. DS was already nearly 2 hours passed naptime & we'd had a busy morning so he really needed to get some sleep & the buggy wasn't good enough! I'm going back at 10 tomorrow & DH has rearranged his work so he can work from home & come with me! He's probably going to have to drag/bribe me to get me there though! It's so frustrating. I used to have awful depression & anxiety & had various pills but haven't needed anything for years. Even now I'm struggling not to burst into tears & I just know that some diazepam would make everything better! Haven't felt like this for so long. I'm really hoping that it's just a temporary blip & this ridiculously minor issue won't trigger the depression again!

DH is about to go shopping & has promised me some haagen dazs. That's nearly as good as diazepam & a lot safer in pregnancy! wink

Yep, stabbing cervical pains are normal. I've also heard them called "zingers" but they're an indication of ripening and baby's head pressing down. Good signs!

Yay to ice cream! Hope your night goes better Jo!

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Fri 10-May-13 05:58:53

Okay, can someone explain why I have started checking the bump is still there when I wake up in the morning.

Have I turned into a bloke who needs to shove his hands down his pants just to check it hasn't vanished, or does my brain think I could miraculously and pain freely give birth during the night and not notice?

It is still there btw.

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Fri 10-May-13 06:15:36

P.s. I'm term! Woo!

I'm definatly not needing to check the past few days frus hmm so tired and I know no two children are the same etc etc but can I reserve a winge this morning for the fact I'm still pregnant!
Dd was born 2 days ago and for the past 5 days I just can't sleep I toss and turn all night, last time I could have gone longer now that Id happily have her out- nothing!! I'm ok in the day but just so tired now I'm dreading bed time, I think it's just the thought of possibly 5 more weeks of it hmmhmmhmm

Babies should come quicker with each labour and earlier- I'd make it a law!

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Fri 10-May-13 07:21:19

Mine have kitty. I think your dd was just super early. You can reserve the right to whinge.

Last day at work today too.

Yeay to finishing work grin
I've atleast got a day to myself too now as its nursery, was cleaning up till 10 last night and still loads to do but so very tempted to take a day off aswell

Jojobump1986 Fri 10-May-13 08:44:46

Yes, subsequent babies should: come earlier, birth faster & more easily, feed better & sleep really well. Let's start a campaign! I have read stories of women giving birth in their sleep & waking up to find a newborn in the bed. No idea if these stories are medical facts or urban myths though... I like to think they're true! Gives me hope! wink

Congrats on reaching term Frus! I'm counting the minutes until Tuesday! Will have to check with the mw this morning whether it's 37 or 38 weeks they'll 'let' me have a homebirth from. I'd quite happily do the whole thing by myself after yesterday. Might see how long I can hide being in labour from DH & only let him call them when I want to push...! wink We're a 2 minute walk from their office so I'm sure someone could get here in a hurry if it was during office hours!

I'm not so much feeling a need to check the bump is still there although, now that you mention it... but I am feeling the urge to poke him until he wriggles every 5 minutes, just to check he's still moving!

Am feeling a little more sane/stable this morning but I haven't got up yet so that could all change! My eyes feel sore from yesterday though. sad I think the thing that upset me most was that I thought there was no way she could impact on my life now that I've insisted she not be involved with my pregnancy/labour & the absolute last thing that she had to do for me, she messed up! Just seems like a kick in the teeth! I still haven't really spoken to DH about it. I text him to explain yesterday & I wasn't feeling stable enough to discuss it rationally last night. Not entirely sure I am today either but I've got the appointment at 10! I'm terrified they're going to diagnose me with antenatal depression which seems ridiculous because I was absolutely fine until this happened! Hopefully they'll just put it down to crazy pregnancy hormones!

Lorelei353 Fri 10-May-13 10:34:14

Jojo Sounds miserable. Definitely hormones kicking in though. I had a total meltdown a while back in my GP's office because the repeat prescription I collected wasn't what I usually get and no-one had told me this was going to be the case. I was in floods by the time I got home. I just couldn't handle the stress, annoyance and unpredictability of the situation on that particular day. Hope it goes well this morning.

Frus congrats on reaching term! I'll be 36 weeks on Sunday so another week and a bit to go until then. Unlike those of you who are ready to go, I'm happy to keep baking my little bun for another few weeks yet. Quite content to go to 39-40 weeks, although ideally not beyond that!

My bump totally dropped yesterday though, which has amused me no end. My belly button was not where I left it yesterday morning. I was feeling more achy than usual and quite uncomfortable all day but it was only when I got home that I realised my shape was different and I actually have space between boobs and bump that I haven't had in a while. Guess baby's getting ready. Looking forward to MW appt next Tuesday to hopefully tell me baby's part-engaged and head down (it's been head down up until now so fx).

Jojobump1986 Fri 10-May-13 12:15:35

"My belly button was not where I left it yesterday morning."
grin

Mw appt was fine. No mention of yesterday & I didn't bring it up because I wasn't sure I could discuss it rationally & didn't want to end up blubbering again! blush Baby was 2/5 engaged at that particular moment but he moves up & down every 5 minutes! The bump had only grown 1-2cm since last being measured 3 weeks ago so they sent me for another scan.

Mw said they'd ring 'sometime today'. We live 3 minutes away from the clinic & had just got our shoes off & started to think about who could look after DS1 while I went in when the phone rang! They said they were quiet & would rather I came straight in with him than waited until I had childcare when they might be busier. Shoes back on, mad dash to find change for parking & threw DS in the car! He was fab throughout & actually seemed to know what was going on! hmm As soon as DS2 appeared on the screen he was saying 'baby' & 'wow'!
DS2 is completely average again! The flow through the cord is 'perfect' & he's currently weighing about 5lb, 10oz which is apparently very acceptable for this stage. In less than an hour he'd moved from having his back on my right (according to the mw) where it usually is to having it on the left. I didn't notice any large movements! Weird! He has a foot by his face which would explain why I keep getting sharp jabs in my side! He better not try & keep that foot by his face on the way out! He also has hair! She made a point of commenting that he had a lot of hair on top & showed me the fuzziness! grin It didn't occur to me that they could identify hair on the scan!

Am off to eat all of the hundreds of chocolatey things DH bought me last night. Must start gaining weight - all these scans are costing a fortune in parking! wink

Lorelei353 Fri 10-May-13 13:31:34

Sounds great Jojo. Can't believe they could tell you he has hair! So cute and amazing and fun. Nice to get another little bit of reassurance.

Glad the growth scan went well Jo. Dairy, carbs and potatoes make for good baby-growing tools (as it's what's we tell mums to avoid if they have a history of big babes).

Wow Lor! Our first confirmation of an engaged little one minus my little crazy who moves up and down in the lettuce isle. A big step for a first-timer. Exciting!

I'm not term until a week from Monday...although I don't think she's coming anytime soon. I have absolutely no pre-labor signs and I'm still feeling pretty okay with being pregnant, which I very clearly remember changes dramatically when labor is imminent for me. grin

Kitty I hope your sleep starts getting better sad That's not fun at all.

Ahh Jojo glad all well with him, I got told dd had alot of hair at 4d scan although its the b &w scan they see it on like little white lines but dd1 had loads so we thought she might, I'd like an acceptable baby last fri they estimated dd at 6lb9 which is fine if she comes soon, I don't want a 10lber lol
Chocolate must be the answer grin
I keep telling dd2 to come tonight let's see if she does as she's told wink ( I've just bought some raspberry leaf capsules to feel like I'm doing something though )

Jojobump1986 Fri 10-May-13 17:11:22

Have you got a birth ball kitty? Bounce the baby out! grin I bought an exercise ball from Argos recently. Just their value one. It does the job & DS loves rolling it around the living room & is most put out if I dare to sit on it!

Sooo... Lots of chocolate biscuits then bring? They've got dairy and carbs! wink

Yeah my dd is the same keeps running up going bounce bounce for me to sit her on and bounce up and down grin
Also been to aqua natel, lots of jumps lol

Jojobump1986 Fri 10-May-13 17:34:43

DS panics if I try & sit him on it! It's only good for rolling around or picking up & dropping so it bounces! He can barely stretch his little arms wide enough to pick it up though. Tis v funny watching him chasing it across the room trying to get hold of it! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now