Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

The 4th Gemini Luxury Bus- The One with CAR SEATS

(671 Posts)

Welcome aboard ladies! You will see the newly installed infant car seats complete with cup holders for the mums waters wine. Make yourselves comfortable, it's going to be a long and sometimes bumpy journey with little ones making their arrivals!

Previous Fred.

Ahhh baby twins! Don't be jeleous lib yours could come any day and from my friends who have had both natural births and c sections they've said they preferred the natural way, even after my complications it's only 5 days since birth and I'm in no pain or discomfort now and can drive walk around etc
Frus I get up to feed, I'm pretty strict with a sleep routine in that I never let them sleep on/with me at night and if they want anything feeding change pick up I do it and then put them down again, it's not for everyone and can be very hard if you are constantly picking up putting down when you know if you just let them sleep in your arms they will and be happy and not cry but dd slept 7-7 from 12wks even being breast fed and has continued this with a handful of wakes in 20 months so I really want to try and get this little one in the same practice, I am a much better mum with a night to myself lol
I actually don't find staying awake to hard either or bad the next day ( I never nap) the only but I can't bear is if they cry or don't sleep when you have fed changed etc
Do you find ds needs burping aswell? Everyone says you don't need to burp bf babies but both of mine do!

Lorelei353 Sat 25-May-13 10:03:07

Good morning! How is everyone.

Bring so sorry to hear about your grandmother. Hope you're doing okay. Definitely let yourself have a good cry and relax.

Things with me are good. Had a lovely few days with my mum. It was so fun to hang out on our own and let her pamper me a bit. Was a bit teary when she left yesterday but she'll be back once I've had the baby so I'll see her very soon!

We went and did the hospital tour the other day which was brilliant. There were just two of us and our mums being shown around. We couldn't see any of the birthing unit rooms as they were all in use which is a shame but we got to see every other room. Also saw a few gorgeous newborns. We were outside the postnatal ward when a woman came back from a stroll down the corridor (she'd had an emergency cs the day before ) and her mum holding the baby. That was it, I was in floods. So totally hormonal but just being there was emotional and then seeing this perfect beautiful little curled up baby just tipped me over the edge. Such a dufus. blush it was funny though.

Exciting news for your friend Lib! Must be making it feel a bit more real for you? I'm sorry your family has been dealing with dementia as well. It's such a horrible disease, so hard to watch someone you love turn into a completely different person. Yesterday was really sad, but I feel a lot more settled with the news and a bit relived to honest. I was already missing her years ago so this is finally closure.

So glad you had a nice time with your mum Lor! Seeing a tiny baby makes you realize that there's actually one in there and you'll get to meet yours soon. Plus you're in the hospital where you'll get to meet your baby...must have been a very profound moment for you smile

Oooooh no Frus that's not good! I'm trying to think of natural ways to help with it.... boiling your bras and underwear to kill the spores (as well as the dummies if DS is using them), taking a quality probiotic and even giving a tiny bit to babe by putting some of the powder on your nips, eating natural yogurt, cutting out excess sugar in the diet, gentian violet on the nips and in baby's mouth (but watch out it stains everything purple so you would have some awesome violet-coloured nipples and a purple-lipped baby) or you can just go for the medication good stuff and get it over with straight away (but you can still boil everything to make sure it doesn't come back!). Hopefully you can get some help today!

kitty an occasional express in the early engorgement days is totally fine. I think it's an old-school view that any pumping will mess with your supply but when it's for comfort's sake, go for it. I had to burp the littles with breastfeeding too due to a flood of milk coming at them and the poor things having to gulp it to get it all down grin

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Sat 25-May-13 20:29:41

Yeah kitty I have to burp them too. Dd1 had terrible wind and I was adamant that breastfed babies didn't need burping, poor little doll, until dh ignored me and burped her. DH has had burping duties ever since. I have an inability to burp them when they're tiny

Agree with bring that expressing to top off to ease engorgement doesn't affect supply.
My friend ff hers and had terrible engorgement with dc4, so I had to tell her how to hand express the top off. And she didn't get any extra milk. I think there's something in the way babies suckle.

Librarina Sat 25-May-13 21:07:40

I have had the most loveliest day! I had my Ali-shower with my wonderful friends who did the kindest thing imaginable and got their families to babysit their kids so we had a few hours of grownup, uninterrupted chatting with tea and cake and it was marvellous! They also all clubbed together with DH colluding to give me a gorgeous baby bag full of gin and Whisky! It's a Pacapod and the fanciest thing I've ever seen but has all kinds of useful sections and removable pods. So after me saying for years that I hated baby showers and they scared me, it turns out I love them and would happily have one every Saturday!

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Sat 25-May-13 21:18:02

How much stuff can you fit in a pacapod, They look amazing lib! I've never heard of them before, but they definitely look worth it.
I am pleased you had an enjoyable child free baby Ali-shower. grin

Ahh lib that's lovely gringringrin

Sounds fabulous! Glad you had a great time Lib!!

Jojobump1986 Sun 26-May-13 07:18:50

Wow, it's been busy around here!

bring I'm so sorry about your grandmother. Mine has Parkinson's so isn't the person she used to be & we all know she's going to get worse. I get so jealous when I see DH's grandparents who are all still pretty with-it! I must admit that I do often think it'd be a mercy if she died sooner rather than later. Would suck for the rest of us though! <hugs> for you & your family!

Lib, it sounds like you had a wonderful day! I saw on your photo that you've got a Johnson's changing bag - we have one & they're so useful! We've never bothered with a 'proper' change bag. We usually use my old school satchel & keep the Johnson's bag stocked up with nappies & wipes & pop it in the satchel when we go out.

No exciting developments here! My day was good fun, although I did end up sitting in a chair from 10-4 so got a little achy & it wasn't anywhere near as lucrative as I thought it would be. I made a few contacts though & it was good for DH to get to be around home educators & he went to a 'just starting' talk & is now much more keen to home educate! smile I had a few strong BHs while we were out & a couple once we were home but no other symptoms. Can't wait until DS gets home later - after that I'll be bouncing on the ball, walking & eating lots of curry! wink

Thanks Jo. It was a hard day waking up for some reason and my patience level hasn't been what it usually is prelabor symptom? We went to the Arboretum Landscape Gardens not too far from our house and it's so beautiful there. The boys ran themselves ragged (yay!) and we walked about 2 miles just checking out the plants and watching the boys get stuck in with the nature. I had a couple of zingers whilst walking and ^TMI alert^: lost more of the plug so hopefully the long walk accomplished something. Lots of super strong BH in the evenings and I keep waking up thinking "oh yep, still pregnant".

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Sun 26-May-13 19:23:51

bring the lack of patience is definately a prelabour symptom.

It's been a lovely sunny day here, dds played in garden, and ds slept in his basket outside.
DH has gone out, and I'm counting down the minutes until bedtime.

Lorelei353 Sun 26-May-13 20:21:39

All sounds promising bring

We did great work this weekend getting the baby's room ready. Finally put together the changing table and pram and unpacked the dozens of Amazon boxes with all sorts in them and put it all away. So this week I can crack on with washing all the baby's sheets and clothes etc. and put them away when they're dry. And pack the baby's hospital stuff!

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Sun 26-May-13 20:45:21

lor watch out for the sheet washing, I put the baby bedding in for wash on the morning I saw the midwife just before I went in to get monitored wink I had to get DH to go home and put it in the tumble drier before we came home.

Lorelei353 Sun 26-May-13 21:54:41

Noted Frus! grin

Jojobump1986 Sun 26-May-13 22:04:00

I've heard about eating curry & bouncing on a ball but never doing laundry! grin

<Runs away to locate all baby bedding in house to throw in washing machine...>

Blending Mon 27-May-13 00:23:13

Hello ladies long time no see!

Rosalie and Abraham (Rose and Bram) made their entrance to the world on Monday, at 36 weeks weighing 5.1lb & 4.6lb respectively. Both took to breast feeding, although Rose is a grazer and Bram is a no nonsense sucking machine.

Had to leave them in the hospital on Thursday as being a drama queen I had another Pulmonary Embolism, and needed to go to another hospital.

I pumped and dumped for another 24 hours as the contrast dye used can affect the thyroid glands of babies. I was very lonely and scared that bf had failed before it was even established.

However got them to agree to look at me as an out patient as no need after treatment to remain in hospital (last time nearly 3 weeks without good reason) spent yesterday with lots and lots of skin to skin in my own bed and they are both back on the boob!

Very scary, thought I was going to die so this is most definitely the last time I will be pregnant!

Jojobump1986 Mon 27-May-13 00:44:28

Congrats blending! Sorry you had a bit of a rough start but v glad to hear that things seem to be back on track!

Sooo... I'm having a few interesting symptoms... <TMI warning!> Started having contractions at about 11.45, between 3 & 5 mins apart & lasting about 50s each. I dragged myself out of bed to see if going to the toilet would help & am currently sitting on the loo shivering & pooing which I didn't feel the need to do when I came in...! I'm also getting a few trickles of some fluid from somewhere but not 100% sure where & the contractions seem to have eased now...! hmm

Jojobump1986 Mon 27-May-13 00:55:12

Back in bed. I put a pad on, just incase of any fluid leakage! Shivering seems to have stopped & DS2 is having a little stretch! Am going to try to contain my anxiety/excitement & get some sleep!

Congrats Blending!! Welcome to the world little ones. So sorry to hear about having to pump and dump- it's heartbreaking because it's like liquid gold going down the drain. Awesome job at following your instincts. Loads of skin-to-skin time will always do the trick. smile

Oooh Jo that sounds like some suspicious activity going on over there. wink. Keep us posted!

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Mon 27-May-13 08:09:36

Congratulations blending grin I love their names.
4 gorgeous babies on the bus now. And 2 of each to keep things equal. grin

Oh jojo I hope you've managed to get some sleep in your excited state. And fx you've had some progress,

Blending Mon 27-May-13 08:12:08

Ooh Jo that all sounds very positive...not long at all now! Did you manage to sleep?

I had a comedy waters going moment, like on tv....think of that Little Britain character who pisses herself....just stood up to go to bed and they went, Whoosh! 10 minutes later and the mattress would have been ruined!

Trumpets it did have a little weep at getting rid of the milk. Although it helped that I went through the same with DD and couldn't feed her after VQ scan for 48 hours, so knew that it could still work out...just thought that it might have been a step too far being twins, but so far...

Blending Mon 27-May-13 08:12:31

It=I

Jojobump1986 Mon 27-May-13 09:04:57

Nothing exciting developed. My pelvis feels like it's broken & the bump is sore whenever he moves but he's still in there! Hmph! I must've got about 6 hours sleep in the end so hopefully I'll be well rested if things pick up again today!

Lorelei353 Mon 27-May-13 10:02:00

Blending lovely to hear from you and congrats on the twins! Sounds like a scary start for you but glad you're getting lots of cuddles and can bf again now.

jojo if I was having contractions that frequent I'd have been on the phone to the hospital, or were they just not strong enough so you knew it was too early?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now