Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Christmas babies 2013

(34 Posts)
Artyparty Tue 07-May-13 19:34:13

Seems I miscalculated a bit and baby #2 due on Dec 25th. Hope dc won't hate me for it.
Anyone else expecting a baby for Christmas?

Tamof4 Thu 09-May-13 09:31:25

Me! I'm due on the 28th dec. This will
be my 4th Christmas baby, aaa aargh!

Mildpanic Wed 15-May-13 16:56:54

After an early scan my EDD is now Christmas Eve.
I have a Christmas week birthday myself and always felt a bit miffed about this as a child.
This is a very unplanned and unexpected pregnancy and those surprises keep on coming.

puddeycat Sun 19-May-13 20:23:18

Me!after ivf I'm due 30th dec.grin

Dusty04 Mon 20-May-13 13:26:04

Me! Due Boxing Day with my first smile

NatureAbhorsAHoover Tue 21-May-13 20:15:38

Due 25/12.

But have lost both previous pregnancies - first at 11weeks and second 11weeks 6 days, so really trying not to get our hopes up yet sad

We've been trying for many years. All I want for Christmas is...

snowqu33n Thu 23-May-13 11:47:47

Due 18th Dec....or the 22nd. Opinions vary.
Over 40 and have experienced spotting so it's an anxious 1st trimester. Fingers (and legs) crossed.

AbiElizabeth Mon 27-May-13 15:36:10

Me. 20th December. Just because that time of year isn't stressful enough and i get an excuse to get out of family gatherings

MildredH Mon 27-May-13 16:28:11

AbiElizabeth- I don't strictly belong in this thread as I am due Nov 30th but my first thought was that I'm THRILLED not to have to trundle between parents and in-laws this Xmas day and hopefully DH, me and Mildred Jnr will hunker down and have the Xmas we want. ( although with likely invasions by above families..)

AbiElizabeth Tue 28-May-13 13:36:15

I'm just glad I have an excuse. I hate Christmas with my family so it'll be nice to do it how I want.

Zoogeek Sat 01-Jun-13 17:38:15

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

TwickyWoo Wed 05-Jun-13 15:53:14

Early scan has provided EDD for 23rd Dec for my first baby! The OH thinks the kid will hate us forever for them having crappy birthdays (over looked by Christmas) each year, but that's what happens when things aren't planned smile

AbiElizabeth - I couldn't agree more about getting out of Chrimbo plans... I will really enjoying pleasing myself this year (and hopefully enjoying a fast and pain free labour - hahah who am I kidding!)

In all reality, planned babies end up being Christmas babies too unless you have the willpower to skip a month just for the sake of it not being a December baby.

This is pregnancy #2 for me and I've had quite a few scans because my first pregnancy was ended at 22 weeks on halloween last year due to a bad diagnosis at my anomaly scan. This baby was tried for too and there is no way I could've brought myself to skip a month for something like that after everything. Dates I've been given have ranged from 18th (current EDD) to 23rd December. As long as this baby is healthy I don't mind if it comes on Christmas day!

snowqu33n Mon 10-Jun-13 13:35:33

Got married last week so that bit of excitement has passed. Now we are waiting for the next scan on Saturday - looking forward to seeing the baby but still get the occasional anxiety attack. Anyone else experiencing a few hormones?
Today I had a bit of pregnancy rage - where I live we get a disc from the train company that we can show and there are a few priority seats on each train for elderly, disabled, injured or pregnant passengers. I rarely use my disc, and I dont bother if other seats are available, but today there was a young man playing his DS using the priority seat. I politely asked if he would give up the seat (as he is supposed to, there are announcements at every station about it) and showed my disc. He tried to ignore me. So I tapped his arm, tapped the sign above his head and waved the disc under his nose. He then got up, dropping his wallet on the floor, and so it was a bit a hubbub overall. I felt embarrassed and a bit guilty after, but I had been standing ages at the crowded station after work and when he tried to pretend I wasnt there I had a flash of anger...
I saw a similar thing a few months before I got pregnant where I gave up my non-priority seat to a frail old lady while a young guy lounged in the priority seat nearby, pretending not to notice her.

NatureAbhorsAHoover Tue 11-Jun-13 22:32:24

Michellephant I know how you feel... many many many years of trying, we've gone from 'ooh I'd hate to have a baby born at Christmas' to 'I will be grateful just to have a baby. please god.'

12 weeks tomorrow for us - that will be a first. Last MC was at 11 weeks 6 days.

Lorelei119 Sun 16-Jun-13 07:48:35

Hi everyone, I am due for baby #2 on dec 22nd, unexpected but very excited. Nausea and tiredness driving me crazy and we are in the process of moving from Australia back home to South Wales! Not a good time to want to lie on the sofa all day. Is anyone else still feeling really nauseous? With my first pregnancy it went at about week 12, I am really hoping it doesn't go on too much longer.

zebedeeandthefunbags Sun 16-Jun-13 11:11:45

2nd month of trying after being told we would be referred for fertility help because of my medical history we found out Im due on Christmas day with baby number 1! Very pleased, have had 3 early scares and still haven't had dating scan but baby waved at us at EPU scan at 11 weeks so fingers, toes and eyes crossed. To be honest though this pregnancy malarkey has mostly involved feeling rubbish, feeling hungry, nauseous and uncomfortable so far....

zewilk Sat 22-Jun-13 22:29:19

I'm due the 20th too smile my parents actually asked me if I was still making them Christmas dinner? Ha, I don't think so. Getting excited now though smile should be a nice present.

Fenaklu Tue 25-Jun-13 17:28:54

Hi! I'm due for my (unexpected) baby #1 on the 12th December, so realistically I guess it will be closer to the 22nd! The people we have told all seem excited about a christmas baby - except my family (groans of 'not ANOTHER December baby'!). No nausea but SOOO tired (I am 41 shock god that sounds so old).
Lorelei119 - where in South Wales are you?

Lorelei119 Mon 01-Jul-13 08:00:57

Fenaklu - congrats! We are moving to the Swansea area, don't know where yet though, hope to be settled somewhere around September.

Tulipsandbuttercups Thu 25-Jul-13 07:35:22

I'm due 27th December, day before my birthday x

christmasmum2b Sun 28-Jul-13 21:01:13

Im due 25/12/13 with my second baby. We are very excited. Our son who is 5 thinks santa is bringing him a baby. SO cute

christmasmum2b Sun 28-Jul-13 21:03:31

p.s Im so tired and have the worst back pain ever. I have about 5 hours energy then I have to sleep for just an hour!!! its crazy

Allnewtothis Mon 29-Jul-13 10:28:43

me too smile first baby and due boxing day

eccentrica Mon 29-Jul-13 17:34:09

baby #2 due 2nd January, but last one came at 37w5d so I think Xmas is much more likely!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now