Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

no baby movement for almost 48hrs

(28 Posts)
pennymarks Sat 04-May-13 04:28:30

I am exactly 24weeks and I cannot feel any movement in the last 48hrs.
I am scared as my baby is usually very active and kicking.
I have had an early miscarriage before and this is my first full pregnancy.
I called the hospital and I am due in the morning @ about 10 am ..its 3am right now. scared

Trumpton Sat 04-May-13 04:33:21

Holding your hand and hoping for good news later today ((()))

Ledkr Sat 04-May-13 04:35:38

Poor you. I must admit to a few scares like this with my last pg. it was fine though. I had a previous mc too so extra worried.
I had lots of fluid and my placenta at the front so movements could be slow sometimes.
Could you go to out if hrs or a and e it seems a while to wait.

roundtable Sat 04-May-13 04:35:59

Gosh, didn't want to leave you unanswered. Fingers crossed for you, you must be feeling frightened. Good luck, I hope it turns out to be nothing.

Sending you a hug and positive thoughts.

TwentyTinyToes Sat 04-May-13 04:36:12

If you are concerned then call the hospital back and insist on going in, stress to them that baby is usually active. Any change should be checked. I had reduced movements at 26 weeks (i think) and they refused to monitor the baby, just listened to the heartbeat. The baby is very small so difficult to get a decent trace apparently. All was well in the end. Please ring them back.

Ledkr Sat 04-May-13 04:36:29

Yes I think you should go to ooh.

mirai Sat 04-May-13 05:12:05

If you could go to an out of hours then I think that'd be best. Good luck x

LovelyWeatherForDucks Sat 04-May-13 05:38:37

Good luck...I had a couple of scares like this. I found that once you start thinking there is no movement, your mind plays tricks on you until reassured. Sometimes my DH could feel movement even though i couldn't. Often because baby had shifted position.

Can you call your hospitals antenatal ward? They are usually good at responding to these things quickly and staffed 24/7. Failing that I second a&e / OOH - please, please don't spend the whole night worrying. No one will ever say you are being too cautious when it comes to your babies movement.

Exhaustipated Sat 04-May-13 07:09:24

Thinking of you, hoping for good news soon. I guess you've tried all the cold sugary drink/lying down still stuff?

ariane5 Sat 04-May-13 07:20:15

If I were you I would just go to hosp now.

When I was having ds2 I was told any problems up to 20 wks to go to a+e/ooh and after 20 wks go to delivery suite.
Better to get checked and put your mind at rest.

Good luck x

bonzo77 Sat 04-May-13 07:28:26

Just go now.

cogitosum Sat 04-May-13 07:34:28

I'm surprised they didn't tell you to go straight in. I had reduced fetal movement and they saw me straight away.

Almost certainly your baby has changed position and they'll put you on a HB monitor and all will be fine but you'll feel much better for having it checked out. They told me they see women every day with this and 99% it's fine but they'd much rather see you.

Thinking of you and baby x

Mama1980 Sat 04-May-13 07:35:41

Thinking of you xxx

Thinking of you and your baby, hope you get good news this morning and hope you got to the hospital earlier than told. Like pp have said a & e might be better to set your mind to rest.
Holding hand

LittleBells Sat 04-May-13 07:46:10

Hope all is well x

Ledkr Sat 04-May-13 07:47:59

Me too op x

toffeelolly Sat 04-May-13 07:49:06

Hope everything is ok, thinking of you.

2blessed Sat 04-May-13 08:10:06

I had reduced foetal movement with ds at 26 weeks after a stressful week and house move and everything was fine. Please go and get checked.
Thinking of you with positive vibes.

Thinking of you this morning Penny x

skippedtheripeoldmango Sat 04-May-13 09:03:35

Thinking about you xx

cogitosum Sat 04-May-13 10:23:43

Hope you're currently being reassured

TwentyTinyToes Sat 04-May-13 13:14:50

How are you doing OP?

pennymarks Sat 04-May-13 14:08:37

Thanks everyone.. I felt her kick on my way to the hospital. I drank some Ice cold water maybe thats why.. more relieved than anything.

toffeelolly Sat 04-May-13 14:33:25

That is good news , take it easybrew

TwentyTinyToes Sat 04-May-13 15:00:36

Oh good. Always go and get checked if in any doubt.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now