Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

NCT Refresher courses

(4 Posts)
whatwasIthinkingof Wed 01-May-13 20:16:44

Hi, anyone been on an NCT Refresher course? My second baby is due end of October. I didn’t do NCT classes for my first and regretted it as so many people I’d met did the classes and made some great friends. I did make friends eventually but it took a while.

Also, do the Refresher courses cover Caesareans? I’ve been told I might need one but not sure yet and wonder if there is any point in doing an NCT Refresher course if they don’t cover them. Anyone got any info on either of these points? Cheers.

Helspopje Wed 01-May-13 20:19:41

I tried to go - they cancelled mine quite late in the day due to lack of interest. Really annoying as it was so close to EDD that there were no spots left on the local first timers course. They wouldn't put me in touch with them to form a coffee club either which was annoying as most of what I was after was to form friendships with other local mummies.

Deearnamaternitynurse Thu 02-May-13 23:30:06

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Gooseysgirl Tue 07-May-13 13:09:19

Whatwas I'm also thinking of doing NCT for the same reasons... Couldn't justify the spend first time round (£300!!!) but the refresher in our area is only a 2 day course and is aimed at second-timers. I made some fab friends thru yoga but had to work hard at it, never turning down invites etc. Also I feel my DH missed out and hasn't really made any daddy friends, so I think it would be good for him too! No idea whether they touch on Csection, but I'll be having another one.. (EMCS first time round). I have a feeling it won't be covered in any great depth though..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now