Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

November 2013 - chatting our way into the second trimester

(1000 Posts)
SuffolkNWhat Mon 29-Apr-13 18:37:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Aw a girl congrats!

GwenStacy Thu 20-Jun-13 12:43:32

Just back from our scan, and we're having a girl as well! Took ages as she was being rather camera shy so it took a walk round the grounds to move her they could see what she was up to :-D

HMT13 Thu 20-Jun-13 12:45:45

aw a few more girls now then! congratulations!

littlemonkey2013 Thu 20-Jun-13 14:56:21

another boy here!!

Congrats everyone! Great to hear of more boys and girls!

We saw our little man today - asleep with his arms above his head and chin on chest as usual! I posted on fb about this but have no idea who all is on where so will post again here! The sonographer was a complete grumpy cow so that dampened things a bit but still it was wonderful to see him

SpanishLady Thu 20-Jun-13 19:00:33

Been an age since I've posted but enjoying reading how everyone is doing! Had our scan today too - all looking good and the twins are.... 2 girls!

getoffthecoffeetable Thu 20-Jun-13 19:51:38

Congratulations on all the baby news. It's so exciting to see who's having girls and boys (and who has the strength to hold out for a surprise!)
How's everyone doing? I'm trying and failing at resisting yummy food. If only things that are good for you tasted better! Risotto for tea, yum!

HMT13 Thu 20-Jun-13 21:37:55

I can't stop eating. And then I worry about how much weight I've put on, then eat more! I usually have quite good willpower but not at the moment.
No idea how I'm holding out not finding out. Desperate to know but now my hub has gone away with work it feels wrong to find out on my own. Will hold out!

Congrats Spanish! Are they identical?

TiredFeet Thu 20-Jun-13 22:03:36

congratulations everyone on the 20 week scans. this is definitely a very boy heavy thread! boys are brilliant though, I don't mind which sex this baby is but I love DS so much and would happily have another. Still 2.5 weeks till I can find out though...

Spanish lovely to hear from you and congratulations on the twin girls! hope everything is going well

harverina Thu 20-Jun-13 23:09:01

Hello everyone!

Congratulations to everyone on their 20 week scan news! Lots of boys I see. We are still team yellow. I have to admit I was tempted to find out because of you lot! But dh and I resisted - we do want a surprise but it is tempting!

I have been getting lots of movements the last couple of days.lots of low down kicks! Saw my tummy move last night too which was nice grin

Still feeling tired a lot - is anyone else?

harverina Thu 20-Jun-13 23:09:52

Tiredfeet I feel the same - would be happy with either a boy or girl but love having dd so kinda think it would be nice to have another wee girl!!

SpanishLady Fri 21-Jun-13 11:18:08

Hi! we dont think that are identical as in spearate scas with their own placentas and one is about 1-2 days bigger then the other but it isnt impossible so we'll have a DNA test once they are born for confirmation either way.

we are excited but we only had one girls name and one boy so we are back to discussions for baby girl number 2 (my preference is to just use the female version of the boy's name we had - eg Theodora and called her Thea)

retroelle Fri 21-Jun-13 15:56:09

Had our scan today and we're also in team blue!

getoffthecoffeetable Fri 21-Jun-13 20:58:19

Love the name spanish
Yey, go team blue retroelle congratulations!

theboob Sun 23-Jun-13 14:54:26

Congratulations on the scan news !
Good to hear from you spanish , was wondering how you are doing

HMT13 Mon 24-Jun-13 08:43:34

Anyone got their scans this week? Mine's a week today. Started getting nervous today. Still haven't felt anything. Well, I don't think I have, there have been a few little 'pops' in my tummy, but hard to know if its baby or something else!
The bump is definitely getting bigger though smile

its fab to be getting all the 20 week scans done - feels like we are finally getting there!

roll on the next 17 odd weeks lol

Animol Mon 24-Jun-13 12:14:09

I'll be 20 weeks on Wednesday and I've got my 20 week scan then too - very exciting. Will I be able to hold out and not ask the Dr about the sex?!! smile

Already starting to feel a bit big and uncomfortable although I'Ve managed to control my eating.

Can't quite believe we're reaching the half way mark.

HMT13 Mon 24-Jun-13 12:32:04

me neither, I think it has gone so fast! Just starting to feel a bit 'weighty' this last week or so. Trying to watch what I eat but had a big carb craving this last week again with a bit of nausea back again. Is this normal?!

retroelle Mon 24-Jun-13 13:25:39

We have just bought the exact pushchair we wanted second-hand on EBay. I am feeling pretty smug about that!

MotherOfCleo Mon 24-Jun-13 14:53:07

Hi guys, I was on the first few threads and then disappeared. I'm 21 weeks this weeks and know we are having a little boy who will be named Harvey Sebastian. I've been feeling fine, felt little man move the first time when I was just 14 weeks....eeek, now feel him most days, although only had the first big kick today. I'm not exactly blooming though, feel like a bit of a fat lump, waiting for the bump to pop, plus my boobs are now a 36e which I'm finding really uncomfortable. So how many boys and girls (and don't knows) do we have on here now?

retroelle Mon 24-Jun-13 20:16:42

Hi Motherofcleo - I remember you! Congrats on your boy! So far we are quite boy-heavy although there is a set of girl twins.

Has anyone else been told they have a low-lying placenta?

notverymaternal Mon 24-Jun-13 20:29:03

oh, can I join??? I am due 1 nov, with a little boy!!! been quite a difficult pg so far, and tbh they suggest its only going to get worse as there is restricted blood flow to the baby and they worried that growth isn't steady... nevertheless, anatomy scan was good, and we very excited :-D

Hi mother! Glad you're doing well! I'm having a boy too smile

Welcome notvery

This thread is not accepting new messages.