Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

November 2013 - chatting our way into the second trimester

(1000 Posts)
SuffolkNWhat Mon 29-Apr-13 18:37:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MummaPanda Mon 29-Apr-13 22:49:26

Ok finally found you!

DittyRatt Tue 30-Apr-13 00:05:02

<pulling up a chair in the back corner while sucking on a bar of soap>

DittyRatt Tue 30-Apr-13 00:19:00

Ps. I can't do Facebook as I don't have a Facebook page. I just find it too bitchy and I know an awful lot of nosy so and so' s. So I just prefer to stay well clear of that site.

theboob Tue 30-Apr-13 06:05:41

I have sent a PM then realised it may wake you ! If it did i'm so sorry

stuffthenonsense Tue 30-Apr-13 07:09:14

Soap ditty???? Bleugh...any particular brand/flavour?

A ha I sent you a friend request!

stuffthenonsense Tue 30-Apr-13 07:16:42

Ooh I want to share an app I have. It's called ifetal pro and you put in gestational age or edd and you get a little pic, the heartbeat sound and tons of info such as best dates for various tests, beginnings of trimesters and details of size that day such as crown to rump length, weight, head and chest circumferences, arm and leg bone length and cutest of all, foot length....currently 11.7mm which is about (. )ish. ( at least it is as I'm typing on my touch lol)

O must have a look for that one. Some seem to be crap and I delete them just after downloading them!

Sent a message to your others folder Louby

Good luck to those who have scans today btw!

Dizzy81 Tue 30-Apr-13 07:29:58

Hi all,

Marking my place. On the count down to my scan on Friday. Am nervous as hell.

Been feeling rough over the past few days, dry heaving and generally sleepy.

Good luck to all those having scans later.

Slippysnow Tue 30-Apr-13 09:01:56

ditty I'm the same, not about soap about Facebook. I hope people will still use the board smile re the soap- you should probably speak to your gp ;)

littlemonkey2013 Tue 30-Apr-13 09:07:54

This Facebook group does it show up on your profile that you joined it? Just because nobody knows I'm pregnant on there and don't want to let the cat out the bag. I nearly joined a 2nd hand baby stuff group the other day and had to backtrack quickly before anyone noticed.
I like the idea of the closed group because on here people who know you in RL could match personal info and get it's you.

williaminajetfighter Tue 30-Apr-13 09:14:45

Is there a link to the FB page?

Animol Tue 30-Apr-13 09:16:42

Morning all - very happy!

Just got back from my scan - lovely moving baby with heart beat and all bits present and correct - from the ordinary scan he measured 1 - 1.2 mm for the nuchal bit so we'll leave at that and not have the full nuchal test - very very relieved and a bit like - Oh my goodness it's really going to happen now! My dates were also just right - 11+6

I looked for the nub and I think we'll be having a blob smile

All the best everyone else having scans today

I'm suddenly not sure about the FB thing - I always promised my self not to have FB friends that I didn't actually know - I don't think I could really cope with an open group - or perhaps I can set up a new account just for this purpose?

heartonsleeve Tue 30-Apr-13 09:19:56

Morning all! Just checking in on the new thread smile

I don't want to join the fb group, so I'll happily hang around here; please don't forget to chat to us on here too!

I bagged some bargains on Ebay this weekend - got my maternity wardrobe sorted for £50 (half of that was postage!) - jeans, trousers, 6 t shirts, 2 skirts and a blouse. And yday managed to pick up a dress for a wedding in August for £7 in a charity shop; it's a maxi dress, so plenty of space for the bump!!

Generally I'm feeling a lot better now; I still have the dry-heaves every morning, but I can cope with that! I'm now very interested in food again, and only get nauseous if I get too hungry. I'm researching new snack ideas, as I've had enough crisps and biscuits for this year wink.

I do have a definite bump beginning to make an appearance (13 + 4 today), but guess that may be because I'm small and skinny? Also beginning to feel 'pressure' down in my pelvis - but haven't quite got my head around that yet - it may be to do with too much sitting or something.

Good luck to those of you still with scans to come, and hugs to those who are still feeling rough! There is light at the end of the tunnel smile

heartonsleeve Tue 30-Apr-13 09:22:38

Great news Animol! I think we're having a blob too!

My fb reluctance is the same reason as yours; I only have a limited number of friends on there, who are people I know well in real life. I did go through a stage of friending everybody I knew, but it became unmanageble and took far too much of my time.

louby86 Tue 30-Apr-13 09:51:37

Kirjava - I can't get you link to work for some reason???

It's classed as a secret group so nobody will be able to tell you've joined it and only members of the group can see what you've posted. I completely understand why some people don't want to join the facebook group though and that's ok because of course we'll still be on here smile

Saundy Tue 30-Apr-13 10:21:46

Congrats Animol that's great news! Re FB group we don't have to add each other as friends to be on it, certainly no more than temporarily if at all. I'm another one that doesn't accept requests from people I don't know/adds people for the sake of it. I actually spent the morning I un-friending people connected to ex's etc that I wouldn't want to know about the pregnancy (when it goes on there).

I've sent you a PM on FB Louby or hopefully I have, you or some random anyway!

Will still be heading here though for the main updates as I understand why FB isn't for everyone.

4 hrs until my scan! What did you guys drink? A pint of water 30mins before?

littlemonkey2013 Tue 30-Apr-13 10:51:14

i have also sent you a pm on facebook louby

berrybomb Tue 30-Apr-13 11:29:12

FTmummy and Suffolk - thanks for having a look at the scan pic, DP is convinced it's a boy, and I think secretly I might prefer it to be. It's good to have opinions, as I just can't get the knack. I think like littlemonkey, the pics are hard to tell as the girl / boy examples show different ways of looking at it, one as an angle, one parallel line.

Saundy - I'm 14 weeks today, but no, didn't wake up feeling glowing, radiant and full of beans. Sorry! Much the same, although my MS has pretty much gone, other than around very strong smells.

Louby - thanks for adding me - I'm in.

Animol - yay for the happy scan news, congrats.

Good luck for this afternoon Saundy - and I'm sure there's one more, totally forgotten who, apologies. Keep us posted.

I've had to leave work sad

Another episode of bullying behaviour from my manager yet again and it's pushed me too far. I spoke with the manager above her and she was pretty appalled that I'd felt like this for so long. She's promised to change things around and told me to go home today but to come in as usual tomorrow. I'm going to go for a sleep as all the stress and crying has exhausted me completely

berrybomb Tue 30-Apr-13 11:35:40

Oh fairy, that's awful.

It's good that your senior boss has taken it seriously and understands how you feel. Get some rest and try to chill.

SuffolkNWhat Tue 30-Apr-13 11:43:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MummaPanda Tue 30-Apr-13 12:00:19

One extremely wriggly baby present and accounted for! Also pushed my due date forwards by 4 days! So new due date is 3rd November grin

Had no chance with the nub thing though sad didn't even see it, baby was too wriggly!!

13 + 2 woohoo!! grin

This thread is not accepting new messages.