Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

November 2013 - chatting our way into the second trimester

(1000 Posts)
SuffolkNWhat Belgium Mon 29-Apr-13 18:37:19

New thread, blimey will we ever stop?!

Slippysnow Mon 13-May-13 19:25:20

Hi lazycoo congratulations! And glad things are progressing well for you, must be have been very worrying. The thread has gone a bit quiet recently as people have migrated onto a Facebook group. You may want to join in that if someone uploads the link (I'm not on it). Strange about the nt fold, perhaps the measurements don't hold much ground without the blood results - as it's calculated together. (I'm really not an expert) from what I've heard the scanners usually say then and there if its larger and therefore of concern. Hope that helps in some way

clattypatty Mon 13-May-13 20:40:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

getoffthecoffeetable Mon 13-May-13 21:25:39

lazycoo welcome and congratulations.
I wouldn't worry about the nuchal test. Lots of trusts have a policy not to say anything without having checked both the bloods and the measurements. I only found out about mine today by letter after they'd both been checked.

I'm also another one getting very tearful over silly stuff. It's embarrassing what makes me cry nowadays!

Asked DS if he wanted a baby brother or sister today and he says no!

harverina Mon 13-May-13 22:18:18

Welcome lazycoo!

Our sonographer just told us our measurements and what measurements they are looking for but we got the overall results by post a couple of weeks later. Last time with dd the sonographer didn't say a word anout the measurements and I didn't even really realise, so I would try not to worry about it.

I am so tired tonight. Anyone around the 15 week mark still experiencing the bone weary tiredness? This had definitely passed last time for me by this stage! Some days I feel great, others I can barely lift my head in the morning.

Hope you are all well. Good luck to anyone with scans this week grin 5 weeks until my next one yay!

harverina Mon 13-May-13 22:20:52

Getoff avgew hours after we told my dd I had a baby in my tummy she barred out to my dh that she didn't want a brother or sister! But she is now very excited. She runs my tummy, talks to it and gives it kisses - I could howl just thinking about it! So yes, I too am very tearful at times ha!

getoffthecoffeetable Tue 14-May-13 07:39:37

Fingers crossed then that DS will change his mind harv!

MummaPanda Tue 14-May-13 09:51:00

I still don't have my nuchal results back and my scan was 2 weeks ago. Anyone else still waiting?

getoffthecoffeetable Tue 14-May-13 12:53:50

mumma ours took over two weeks to arrive. Give it another week then phone and chase. They'd have phoned you by now though if they were concerned so try not to worry.

harverina Tue 14-May-13 12:55:49

Mumma mine took just over 2 weeks to come back too. Think that's fairly normal.

Bumbolina Tue 14-May-13 14:40:27

So flipping nervous about my scan tomorrow hmm Having had a missed miscarriage previously I know how it feels to sat in the chair and see nothing on the screen. I'm quite honestly terrified hmm

MummaPanda Tue 14-May-13 14:44:00

Ok phewf! smile anyone else dry heaving a lot? It seems to be really sensative at the mo. I never had it when pregnant with dd.

TiredFeet Tue 14-May-13 14:52:25

Welcome lazycoo !
mumma I am dry heaving loads. But then I am potty training at the minute! Also non -dry heaving still sad including having to dramatically pull over the car this morning!

I remember really being cross about getting a little brother (already had a sister think I was bored of my mum having babies) . I refused to make a card for him. But then I bathed him at the hospital (with help!) And was smitten! Lovely memories of holding his hand as he slept in the car! So don't worry what they say now!

TiredFeet Tue 14-May-13 15:18:41

bumbolina just seen your comment, wishing you well for tomorrow. At least the waiting will be over soon. It must be hard to relax at all. Mine is thursday and I don't feel I can get excited or make plans until all is ok and I haven't even had a misscarriage in the past

clattypatty Tue 14-May-13 16:53:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BangOn Tue 14-May-13 17:01:26

Hi all! wow! just had nuchal scan at 13 weeks & even though this is dc3 i was super shocked to see an actual baby in there! quite laid back, just chilling out in there. amazingly detailed scan - sonographer asked if i was finding out the sex. said yes, but isn't it a bit early? she said she'd have a go - i was totally shocked when she said it was a boy! too early to tell for sure, but the 'bits' certainly looked male enough! i have two dds already you see, so i'd convinced myself i only made girls!

LuckySocks13 Tue 14-May-13 18:57:50

Welcome Lazycoo smile

Also lots of dry heaving here too and sometimes the other also! My DS thinks I'm a nutter! Sorry your feeling rough too TiredFeet.

Glad all went well at the scan BangOn and the likely Boy smile had mine on Saturday gone and also found out the sex. I have a DVD of and is amazing if I say so myself smile

Had a panic today as lots of kids at DS nursery got Chicken Pox. Having my blood tested to see if I'm immune but wont know until next week. We are also meant to be flying to Menorca on the 31st May and obviously wont be if DS has Chicken Pox! Grr such a pain in the bum!

Hi everyone else smile

LuckySocks13 Tue 14-May-13 18:58:07

lol at lots of smileys !

Bumbolina Tue 14-May-13 19:14:57

Thanks everyone. I need to keep positive however I'm stretching myself a bit thin at the moment - Mum of a toddler, work part time, doing my degree part time (final deadline worth 50% of course due in a week), and so so tired I keep falling asleep rather than study.
One of my best friends from school had her baby last night - and I couldn't be happier for her however it has made me realise just how much I want this. I hate waiting. I'm terrible at it. Doesn't help that my husband is working late. I could cry. hmm

lazycoo Tue 14-May-13 19:22:37

Thanks for the welcomes smile

slippy, getoff and harverina thanks for the reassurances, have stopped worrying (for now).

bumbolina I know what you're going through, reminding myself that MMC is v uncommon helped me through it. Will also be thinking of you tomorrow.

Just had a whole day of team bonding exercises. Kept having sick burps. Oh the glamour! Thankfully managed not to vomit down self.

theboob Tue 14-May-13 19:34:36

welcome lazy !
yes to dry heaving here all day long , also to still being sick . My midwife phoned me today just to see how i was . Lovely and so sad I will be consultant led after 20 weeks .
for those scared with scans , I was too and said so before the sonographer started , she was so amazing and also told me the sexes .
I have had to email uni today to tell them that basically i'm struggling with placement and if there is any help for me ...feeling sorry for myself

TiredFeet Tue 14-May-13 22:51:11

bumbolina can you buy in some help (or ask friends/ family)? I was at breaking point from stretching myself to thin and feel a lot better after a few days when I let family help and also got a cleaner in to do a massive clean. don't try to be superwoman, think what you can do to take the pressure off a little.

MummaPanda Tue 14-May-13 23:02:34

Super jealous at those finding out the sex already!! I've still got 5 weeks to wait until 20 week scan, it wasn't even mentioned at the 12 week. And knowing my luck this baby will be as awkward as dd was and we won't be able to find out anyway! envy

getoffthecoffeetable Wed 15-May-13 08:17:33

Fingers crossed your little one doesn't have chickenpox lucky
My DS most certainly has them. He was sent home from nursery with it a couple of weeks ago but it was just random spots from a virus. So, DH and I didn't really believe nursery when they phoned yesterday!
Poor little mite is covered from head to toe. Luckily he's only two so good to get it out of the way while he's young. He's covered in Calamine lotion and I've cut his fingernails. I've had to call on the reinforcements and get my parents down to watch him tomorrow and Friday while DH and I are at work.

stuffthenonsense Wed 15-May-13 18:33:52

Getoff, stuff a sock with oats and tie it under the bath tap when running his bath. It will help.

TiredFeet Wed 15-May-13 18:53:37

getoff hope he is doing ok, poor thing!

Got my scan tomorrow, finally, getting very nervous now!

This thread is not accepting new messages.