Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

November 2013 - chatting our way into the second trimester

(1000 Posts)
SuffolkNWhat Mon 29-Apr-13 18:37:19

New thread, blimey will we ever stop?!

Morning

I've woken up and it's my 34th birthday today so I've made a little resolution to myself! I'm going to go into work and tell them I'm taking the rest of the week off after today (I'd booked Friday anyway) and also tell my line manager that if she wants me to do a certain task a certain way then she needs to tell me up front rather than trying to catch me out. Not sure how long this bravado will last for but you know what I'm going to be a mother in a few months time so I'm going to have to grow some balls and start standing up for myself.

Here endeth my lesson today lol grin

getoffthecoffeetable Wed 08-May-13 08:06:53

Morning fairy. Happy birthday!
Good luck with the time off and your boss.

Animol Wed 08-May-13 08:42:00

Happy Birthday Fairy

Saundy Wed 08-May-13 08:48:58

Is that what they do Bum stick their tongue out? That's quite cute, I thought they just cried!

Good luck today Griff & Grubb (if they aren't cartoon characters they should be!) thinking of you both.

Happy birthday Fairy & good luck in work. Just remember you're a strong confident woman so brazen it out & show her you won't be pushed around.

I couldn't even zip up my pants today, which is odd as I thought my stomach looked quite small & almost flat today, shows what I know!

harverina Wed 08-May-13 08:50:09

Happy birthday fairy!!! gringringrin

Sending you lots of strength for dealing with your boss today. She sounds likes total bitch!

Good luck to those with scans today.

At week 14 I have definitely turned the ms corner, but feeling yuk this morning. All I can think about is cheese. I need cheese. Except I'm on route to a meeting so it's not possible hmm

Dizzy81 Wed 08-May-13 09:10:38

Happy birthday fairy - from one may the 8ther to another! Sorry to hear your boss is still being a twunt.

I've got this week off amnd so far have been treated to breakfast in bed, wherein going to stay for a few hours reading!

Hope all those with scans have positive outcomes!

MissTweed Wed 08-May-13 09:11:31

Hi guys.... I've been off here for a while so thought I'd check in to see how everyone's getting on but seems like everyone's gone to a FB page?? How do I join in this fun? smile

harverina Wed 08-May-13 10:52:31

My boobs are soooo sore especially my right one! Is this normal at 14 weeks?

littlemonkey2013 Wed 08-May-13 11:09:34

happy birthday fairy and dizzy hope you both have nice days.

Harv my right boob was playing up most for the last few weeks but it seems to have transferred to the left now

im just stuffed full of hayfever today, i want all the flowers to go away!

happy birthday dizzy! fab day for a birthday lol

i've taken things head on this morning and i feel a lot more empowered. just to get through until 3pm and thats me until 20 may!

MummaPanda Wed 08-May-13 12:57:47

Well I just threw my guts up sad I'm supposed to be past this part!! Waaaaa sad

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Wed 08-May-13 16:50:40

Happy birthday to fairy and dizzy

mumma sorry you are still puking, not too much longer and it should all stop. My nausea has gone this week grin (15 weeks).

gubbinsy Wed 08-May-13 17:21:38

Happy Birthday Fairy and Dizzy. Hope you've had lovely, great feeling days!

Scan went well and all looks to be good. Dated me at 14+1 which is a week more than I thought and meant I was too late for NT measurement so have to call midwife re quadruple test instead. Sonographer was lovely though and said that the where they would look all looked fine and nice and thin and that everything looked good. Even saw little fingers waving about and got some great pics.

Felt quite surreal though - almost like not me they were scanning! Feel more excited now but appear to be on to worrying about the next thing!

Griff hope your scan was good too.

retroelle Wed 08-May-13 19:12:09

Excellent scan news!

I am absolutely shattered today. Just bone tired. I barely did any work and have got a ready meal for my tea because I can't even be bothered to cook. It's a waitrose ready meal though, nothing but the best for the baby

MissTweed Wed 08-May-13 19:19:20

Fantastic scan news grubb! It's magical isn't it?

Had my 16w MW appointment today and heard bubbas heartbeat for the first time. DH and I both shed a tear or two!! It's really happening!! envy

Only 3 weeks until we find out the sex - cant wait!!!

theboob Wed 08-May-13 19:54:41

happy birthday Fairy and dizzy !

scan day tommorow and sooo scared ! x

TiredFeet Wed 08-May-13 20:01:23

happy birthday fairy and dizzy !
lovely to see more exciting scan news smile

misstweed louby stuck up details of her facebook page, if you find her and send her a message she will invite you to join the group smile... here you are ...
The link to my profile is /louiseebray

hope that helps!

suprisepitstop Wed 08-May-13 20:02:29

great news re scan and also heartbeat!!
now i have a bit of a problem, i too looking a bit pregs and did myself no favours today in a fitted thick material dress with a belt - all the better to emphasize my lack of waist. 14+2.
at work i really need to keep this secret for another two weeks as there is a massive project ive been working on and someone in the european team is trying to nick it. i am back and forth next two weeks to switzerland where that team is based. then no trips for ages. if they notice i am pregnant they will justify moving project into their team. if i can get past it i will have started implementing next steps before they see me next time and it will remain mine.
so i need all the helo i can get in how to dress to hide it. what the hell can i wear????? some things are getting vy tight!!

suprisepitstop Wed 08-May-13 20:03:27

help i mean not helo (stupid predictive phone)

TiredFeet Wed 08-May-13 20:04:04

retroelle ready meal here too! sometimes it has to be done, and today is definitely one of those days for me too

MissTweed Wed 08-May-13 20:10:40

Surprise - try loose fitting blouse or top (needs to be lightweight) with a cardi or jacket over the top. Hides bump really well

suprisepitstop Wed 08-May-13 20:15:55

thanks miss tweed, tucked in or out? both look super fat!!

Slippysnow Wed 08-May-13 20:25:37

How about a scarf. Not talking wooly but a smart one that people wear indoors?

retroelle Wed 08-May-13 21:10:00

I've been wearing drapey scarves to disguise the belly, seems to work ok.

Surprise have you tried a bump band? That might pull you in just enough!

This thread is not accepting new messages.