Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

November 2013 - chatting our way into the second trimester

(1000 Posts)
SuffolkNWhat Mon 29-Apr-13 18:37:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Marking place smile

Slippysnow Mon 29-Apr-13 18:42:05

I'm here to. smile looking forward to hearing all the new scans its so exciting

2nd tri - yaayyy!

clementine82 Mon 29-Apr-13 18:52:11

Hi all! Wow we're getting through these threads! Feeling so sick still, but good news first scan is tomorrow. Think I'm 12 + 3 so we'll see! Will make sure I update tomorrow. Good luck all others getting scans. Been so nice as there has been lots of good news lately. Putting me in a good frame of mind.

MummaPanda Mon 29-Apr-13 18:52:19

Oh no it doesn't say number 6! We will just have to remember hehe

Saundy Mon 29-Apr-13 18:54:47

<pulling up a chair>

williaminajetfighter Mon 29-Apr-13 18:54:55

marking place.

littlemonkey2013 Mon 29-Apr-13 18:55:36

marking my place too, now ive looked at that nub theory thing and the pictures, is it justme being stupid or does anyone else think they look the same for boy and girl????

i mean the arrows showing the difference... for a boy it shows an angle of more then 30 degrees and yet the girl it shows parallel lines so doesnt show an angle?? maybe im just looking at it wrong.

will have to look at my next scan because my current one shows more of a blob

Will upload a scan picture to my profile so I can get some nubguesses grin

riverflow Mon 29-Apr-13 19:02:27

Super excited about my scan and all the nub stuff which i have never heard of until this evening! Thanks guys. I still have two weeks and 3 days to wait till my scan. Boo.

Still wretching and vomiting though. Tried to eat a lovely salad today to put the healthy back in my diet but gagged on the second mouthful and had to go and spit it in the bin. I miss salads, I used to eat a massive one every day. Boo. I'm just at 10 +1 so really hoping that this will end soon so I can eat more than cheese which is just making me fat...

stuffthenonsense Mon 29-Apr-13 19:07:17

Anyone else getting hormonal gum issues? Saw my dentist today who says its normal for pregnancy but I've never had bleeding in other pregnancies.

firsttimemummyy Mon 29-Apr-13 19:10:46

The nub thing is quite confusing but basically a boy's one is angled slightly up (or very up!) compared to the spine and the girls one is flat/down. The best pictures are on the Ingender website. Once you've looked at a few for each gender you kindof get the gist of it

Boy - www.in-gender.com/cs/forums/t/26426.aspx

Girl - www.in-gender.com/cs/forums/t/26427.aspx

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Mon 29-Apr-13 19:16:47

Hi all. I've missed loads got a bit obsessed with a mmr thread, I really need to ignore them

fairy hope your dad is ok.

Really jealous of everyone investigating their scan photos. I can't find mind blush I know they are in the house somewhere.

riverflow Mon 29-Apr-13 19:27:03

Just done the Chinese Gender predictor. Highly accurate I am sure but we shall see (hopefully)!.

riverflow Mon 29-Apr-13 19:28:09

ps that's about all i can do without a scan photo! It's a boy! .....em...apparrently.

Slippysnow Mon 29-Apr-13 19:47:33

I agree about the nub theory tbh. My scan it doesn't show very clearly anyway the legs are in the way. I suppose I'll have to be patient and wait until the 13th of June for the 20 week scan

theboob Mon 29-Apr-13 19:54:27

river chinese chart has worked for me every time !

does anyone else keep having nightmares ? I keep having the same one where at my 12 week scan there is something wrong .I'm worried sick about it now and think about it every day .

littlemonkey2013 Mon 29-Apr-13 19:54:37

river flow i did the chinese gender prediction on babycentre and i got boy if i went with due date and got girl if i went with conception date (for any day in a 10 day period where i should have conceived).

on the pregnancy.com one i got boy but then tested mine, my brothers, and 2 other new babies in the family and it got 3 out of 4 wrong.

i think i will have to wait until 20 weeks....

Labracadabra Mon 29-Apr-13 19:55:01

I had my scan last Friday, it was a lovely experience with a fantastic sonographer and all is well with the baby. She moved me forward 2 days so my new due date is 6th Nov. Going by the nub theory I reckon we're having another girl, but will have to wait until the 20 wk scan to see!

LovesTheChoas3 Mon 29-Apr-13 19:55:42

Hi ladies, I am marking my place too! I don't know what I think about the nub theory but I will upload mine Wednesday and let you all have a guess for me smile I will be having a sexing scan at 16/17 weeks as I am might impatient grin
Hope you are all well and that MS is staying away

louby86 Mon 29-Apr-13 20:18:51

Marking place, now I'm off to catch up! Hope you're dad is ok fairy x

MummaPanda Mon 29-Apr-13 20:40:53

Should we perhaps start a fb group for all these nub pictures? And future bump / scan / eventually baby pics? Might be easier to compare pics and nubs etc then lol grin

Saundy Mon 29-Apr-13 20:56:27

Congrats Lab it's so nice when you get someone with the time & energy to give you a good experience.

Good to ses another fellow scanner for tmr Clem what time us yours?

No nightmares here Boob but that sounds like just about one of the worst you could be getting right now, I hope it passes soon.

Someone else suggested a FB group a few threads back MP but it didn't happen, not sure why. I'm in though if everyone fancies it - someone else will have to set it up tho!

Animol Mon 29-Apr-13 21:18:50

Hi saundy mine's at 9am tomorrow - which is 8am in the UK

I'm not having nightmares about it but thinking about it all day sad

I'd be up for the FB thing but I've no idea how to start something like that

This thread is not accepting new messages.