Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

October 2013, anomaly scans, boy, girls and little surprises :-)

(1000 Posts)
Natalieand Sat 27-Apr-13 22:08:21

Welcome to thread number 7 (of many) of the October bus xxx

I've still not had a date for my scan Natalie. Perhaps they're holding off unt my full amnio results are in. I hope we don't have to wait much longer.
If I've not heard anything by Wednesday I'll phone them.
I'm absolutely massive now but then I have been eating a lot of rubbish. I've put on a stone so far. I really need to try and control my eating or I'm going to have loads of weight to lose when baby arrives.

I've put on a stone and a half- 17.4 wks eeek!! Started as size 8/10 and used to struggle to put on weight so think I got excited and carried away watching my boobs and bum grow!!! Also, my nausea was made better by eating during 1st trimester and my craving has been cheese. Not going to stress about it, but will try to be more healthy as I've been using being pg to eat whatever, whenever. Colleagues at work find it hilarious blush
Can't remember who said they were craving melon? That sounds like a good one, anyone got strange cravings yet?

Thank god I'm not the only one oiling on the pounds Feminist I wish some would go on my boobs though.
I'm seriously craving melon now that you've mentioned it. I really need to stock up on healthy snacks as I'm eating far too much sugar.

Racheld33 Fri 10-May-13 21:10:09

feminist and MoN I have put on about 1 & 1/4 stone too!
Luckily started off as a size 10, and my legs and arms still thin-just massive boobs and bump!

Last pregnancy I put 2 stone on from 0-30 weeks and then not a pound after that (so not worried this time at all) <tucking into cheese toastie as I type> wink

No you're definitely not MON I did buy some Nairns oatcakes (cheese flavour of course!) but keep leaving them in the cupboard because cheesy chips are nicer . Made more effort today, had a cheese and cucumber sandwich with no mayo!!! Must cut down on cheese, had the rest of last nights home made pizza just now. More cheese. Baby's nickname is now babybell grin

Decided I now want melon but will settle for grapes instead.

pinkbuttons Fri 10-May-13 21:11:58

Feminist I craved cheese when pregnant with DS and put on 4 stone by the end. was worth it for the amazing cheese but glad this baby wants beetroot and strawberrys instead smile (not together)

Rachel you can't tempt me with cheese toasties I'm trying to be good... Must overlook cheese and croissants in the kitchen. Straight to grapes. Glad I'm not alone though!

Pinkbuttons I'm wondering if there's truth in the savoury and baby boys. We're not going to find out though- would be interesting if you're having a girl this time...

Racheld33 Fri 10-May-13 21:15:52

Oh, cheese, I have a real addiction at the moment, spent 20 mins in the cheese aisle on Wednesday selecting my choice for the week! Cheese on biscuits is a great snack at the moment for me!

Shirehobbit Fri 10-May-13 21:31:39

We discovered The Cheshire Cheese Company at a farmers market at Easter - heaven! Their Black Bob extra mature cheddar is unbelievably gorgeous grin

I read Mel Geidroyc's From Here to Maternity last week (proper laugh out loud hilarious, btw) and she had a craving for cheese that was borderline obsessional.
I guess cheese cravings are quite common.

Natalieand Fri 10-May-13 21:43:04

With regards to savoury this time I have really craved cheese and pickle in a crusty roll up until now now my craving is turning into refrigerated fizzy drinks and I'm having a boy. And with dd my cravings were ice lollies and orange juice x

pinkbuttons Fri 10-May-13 21:48:14

Will hopefully find out on Thursday feminist see if I fit the trend. Hadnt really thought of the change in cravings but beetroot is quite sweet really.
Forgot to say textbook in case you hadnt guessed we are hoping to find out the sex, they had an idea at our 16 week scan but baby wasnt in best position... are you finding out?

Haylebop12 Fri 10-May-13 21:52:29

New thread needed soon :-)

Not baby cravings here as such but always want strong flavour a eg marmite, curry ect.

Claphammama Fri 10-May-13 21:55:12

babies needs calcium! I eat cheese cheese and more cheese... haven't weighted myself for a while but those who have seen my bump on FB can see how massive it is for only 16 weeks! I put on 6 pounds in the first 11 weeks and then stopped weighing myself :-) I'm not stressing as I was the same with DS - put on more than 3 stones, a lot for my size! but lost it quickly.

ah! also craving avocados. And - for someone who usually dislikes sweets (including chocolate) - I'm strangely enjoying them this time... which makes me speculate that this one is a girl!

Claphammama Fri 10-May-13 21:56:06

sorry for all the typos! hard to spot them typing on phone!

Shirehobbit Fri 10-May-13 22:00:50

During the first trimester I couldn't get enough Tropicana orange juice (stupidly expensive too, but pasteurised or concentrate just didn't cut it).
But since then, I've not been particularly bothered by any one thing.
Certainly erring on the savoury side, though...interesting!

cherrycherry41 Fri 10-May-13 22:02:56

feminist our nickname for baby is also baby bell, well baby bell no2 as the babys last name is Bell smile no cheese involved but a very cheesy name! wink

whos making the new thread then? grin

gt pm'd you about Facebook no reply??

Smitten1981 Fri 10-May-13 22:54:49

Our nickname is Mini Muffin, because I call my DH Muffins - ho ho.

I have been eating quite a bit of cheese, but I looked on the pack yesterday and it said 100g gives you 92% of your RDA of calcium, So I reckon I'm good for that. Also have been going mental for sweets, especially Skittles, I usually can take or leave them.

I've convinced myself Mini Muffin is a girl.

Flyer747 Fri 10-May-13 23:02:37

I have gained quite a lot of weight. My pre BFP weight was 8stone2 I currently weigh 9stone8 I have also been eating a shed load of cheese...and whoever craved cheese and pickle on a crusty roll, I've been having that most lunchtimes!! I also think I'm having a boy...

SeriousStuff Fri 10-May-13 23:33:55

Feminist my cravings stopped as soon as my morning sickness stopped (6 weeks ago). I'm just hungry all the time! But reading all the above posts, I may just have to have a cheese sandwich now...

When I last weighed, I had put on 9lbs. Apparently I'm within the healthy weight gain range, but I'm not maintaining the same diet day to day so likely to increase a lot over the next few weeks!

18wks tomorrow...I want to feel the baby and I want my 20 week scan! So impatient...

cherrycherry41 Fri 10-May-13 23:51:54

Made the new thread! That number of posts makes me nervous when it goes into the 990's!
Cant link as on my phone but its:

October 2013: Almost halfway!

x

GTbaby Sat 11-May-13 01:18:53

Have you all moved thread before finishing this one?

GTbaby Sat 11-May-13 01:20:50

Some have moved to the new thread. With one more post to go it must be finished!

GTbaby Sat 11-May-13 01:21:03

grin

This thread is not accepting new messages.