Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

September 2013 Babies-the Glowing Trimester

(1000 Posts)
JammyTummy Sat 27-Apr-13 18:48:47

New thread! May it bring lots of good news, funny stories and happy bump mummies!

Ooh, that makes me feel better creamtea, thought I was at the upper end of the spectrum but if theyre basing that on my bmi then I'm not too worried! Don't believe the whole bmi thing as I've got v.large boobs/hips & (used to have) a tiny waist/ankles/wrists so don't believe it can accurately say whether you're a healthy weight or not given there is no accounting for body shape!

frogchops Sun 28-Apr-13 22:24:05

Thanks kami, that would be good.

Really boring day in the frog house today, haven't been out, and haven't really achieved anything in the house either. Work tomorrow, weekend went too quickly confused
Oh and the dogs got bloody fleas. hmmMeh.

PurplePoppySeed Sun 28-Apr-13 22:53:30

Wow new thread! I'm on scan and holiday countdown this week. Scan Thursday then off to Portugal for 2 weeks on Friday grin think we've finally decided not to find out the sex, so another 20 week wait to find out, but hopefully it will be an extra thing to get me through labour.

btw has anyone had sicky symptoms return recently? I seem to feel really sick all day if I've eaten too much or too late the previous night, it's getting to the point where I'm thinking I shouldn't eat after about 4/5pm very annoying!

Wincher Sun 28-Apr-13 23:13:22

I finally persuaded Dh to let us find out the sex, so yes we are finding it out! Hooray, am so excited. But nervous in case there's anything wrong.

I keep meeting people who are about as pregnant as I am who have barely any bump at all, whereas mine is huge... and they aren't all first timers. I'm going to be huge by the end!

're weight gain, I think I've put on about half a stone which is about right as my bmi was about 27 beforehand. Not sure exactly what I weighed though so hard to be sure!

juniper9 Mon 29-Apr-13 00:00:15

I'm worried because I haven't put on any weight. In fact, I'm lighter than I was at my booking in appointment. My bump seems to be growing and I think I can feel movement, but still worries me! To be fair, everything worries me...

SGJ Mon 29-Apr-13 04:12:44

Grrrr, it is 4am and if bloody DH doesn't do something about his hacking cough soon I am going to lay on top of him and let the baby kick him in the nuts. GET SOME COUGH MEDICINE AND GO TO SLEEP!!

weebarra Mon 29-Apr-13 11:07:05

I've put on 4 lbs but my bmi was 31 before I got pregnant so I'm happy with that.
And yes, am feeling generally queasy again sad .

CharlW1 Mon 29-Apr-13 12:09:13

Purple I have had the return of feeling sick today which is the first time in weeks! Just on my way back home from work - I couldn't bear it in the office as people sniffing and coughing was making me feel so much worse so thought I would work the rest of the day from home- thankgoodness I'm able to do that.

frogchops Mon 29-Apr-13 12:18:47

I don't know why but I'm feeling considerably less pregnant than I was a few weeks ago. I'm still bumpy although I think growth has slowed as I was huge from quite early on. I just all of a sudden feel 'normal'. confused Am dreading g Fridays scan. hmm

Wincher Mon 29-Apr-13 12:29:01

Had my scan, all's well and it's a boy! It's so nice to find out now rather than at birth like I did last time. I'm maybe a tiny bit sad about not having one of each but two boys will be just lovely.

Creamtea1 Mon 29-Apr-13 14:54:51

Wincher - 2 boys are lovely (I've got a set if them smile) and especially if the age gap is small ish they will grow up as best friends.
(wont mention the fighting wink)
And I may not be the first - you are going to get this at least once a week forever now - 'there's always a third one..'

Wincher Mon 29-Apr-13 16:04:43

I think two's definitely our lot! Two boys will be fab and I just know if I had a third it would be a third boy as well! I certainly wouldn't have another just in the hopes of having a girl though.

fl0b0t Mon 29-Apr-13 16:15:11

purplepoppy we're scan buddies for thurs! I'm not til 3pm ish though. Not holiday buddies though! Boo!

My nausea returned a few weeks ago int the evenings in particular, and feel horrible whether I eat or not. Still on my medication from the first bit of sickness but not sure what good it's doing (too scared to stop taking it just in case!).

Baby took all of my energy this weekend (though we did go out fri and sat) and I've spent today literally in bed. Still here now sad feeling a bit better though so may get dressed in time for husband to get home from Work.....

JammyTummy Mon 29-Apr-13 16:24:08

Went to look for a bikini today, as we are away to Greece in two weeks time. Bikini shopping isn't the easiest task on a good day, but it's a bloomin hassle with a bump! Thought I'd get a nice cheapy one from primark as chances are it will never be used again. Turns out that my boobs have graduated to a size 16 and that I have a whole lot more ass now than I used to! Slightly disheartening but fairly successful trip to good ol' primark!
Although- they for some reason didn't have a maternity section but only maternity jeans?! Is that normal? I was so sure they had a fairly good mat department!

weebarra Mon 29-Apr-13 16:43:46

I think Primark have only just started doing mat wear. I'm way too fat for a bikini but I got a nice cossie from jojo maman last time which is still going strong.
I'm also a member of the two boys club and I would be very happy if #3 was too. There's 2.8 yrs between my two and they are like a mini gang.

Creamtea1 Mon 29-Apr-13 18:51:05

In further news, may have accidentally ordered a cameleon today..worried that Kate Middleton all over the news getting one will make the price go up! (Well that was my justification anyway)

RunningBear78 Mon 29-Apr-13 18:52:07

Can't believe it has taken me three days to find the new thread ...

Scan news, all good and it is a boy! Quite surprised at the size of the willy in such a tiny baby! Great sonographer, gave me a pic of a little foot, soooo cute. Did anyone else 'just know' what sex the bub was before the scan, and prove rift? I was convinced it was a boy from the 12 week scan.

Sickness and exhaustion returning here too, even after a week of loads of energy.

Also, lacking the bedroom activity, slightly relieved to hear we aren't alone, although main problem being I fall asleep as soon as I lie down whether in bed or on the sofa!

Girraferama Mon 29-Apr-13 19:41:44

Hi all just checking in. Had our scan today...it's a girl! Super surprised as hubby is from all boy stock and my sisters have so far had 6 boys! Super excited. I had no instincts but hubby has been convinced it was a girl from the word go.

Baby was awkward to say the least - ended up being there 3 hours and scanned 3 times as they couldn't get a proper view of the heart. Finally got there, all ok but barely got a glimpse of the baby 'the right way up'! Never mind, the main thing is she's all ok. Such a relief!

juniper9 Mon 29-Apr-13 19:55:13

I've just been to primark and quite a lot of their stuff can accommodate a growing bump, even if it isn't technically maternity. Lots of elasticated skirts (which fit under bump) and summer dresses that fall from the boobs.

frogchops Mon 29-Apr-13 20:06:03

Eeeee! Good scan news girls! We def need a blue/pink addition to the stats. Interesting to know the boy girl ratio! Thinking back, all the takes about predicting sex told me I woul have a girl. Only the wedding ring and hair thing said boy!

flipflump Mon 29-Apr-13 21:21:38

I've just finished a good book on the kindle, called Mummy diaries by Louise Hamilton. It's only 77p and a very honest account of pregnancy and labour. I enjoyed it but I'm enjoying all things pregnancy/baby related!!

JammyTummy Mon 29-Apr-13 21:44:32

I'm still getting through Jools Oliver's preggo book- I've had to ration it out as I'm a little sad at the thought of not having it to read any more! Thank you to whoever it was that originally recommended it, SUCH a lovely read.
Love me a baby and preggo book. Also quite enjoying the magazines, cause they're full of kit/ clothes/ decor/ books inspiration.

KamikazeeKid Mon 29-Apr-13 21:50:56

Frog it was the summer digital zoom one search on amazon or eBay. ...the new models waaaay too pricey forwhat it does but the previous versions available on eBay new still and it did what you need just not got flash curvy edges or buttons like newer version ...

BinarySolo Mon 29-Apr-13 21:54:31

When does the third trimester start? I know I should know this!

PurplePoppySeed Mon 29-Apr-13 21:54:38

Charl and fl0b0t so glad it's not just me - I was worried I may have eaten something bad last week!

fl0b0t I'm at 11.20 but won't be able to report back in time for yours as I've got to get from Guildford to Canary Wharf for 3 - not entirely convinced it'll work out if baby doesn't behave, but I'm going to show willing to get there!

This thread is not accepting new messages.