Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

September 2013 Babies-the Glowing Trimester

(1000 Posts)
JammyTummy Sat 27-Apr-13 18:48:47

New thread! May it bring lots of good news, funny stories and happy bump mummies!

badguider Thu 16-May-13 14:52:07

Mooster - put the fingers of your other hand over the key vulnerable bits smile

herewego2 Thu 16-May-13 16:15:18

If I replied to everyone who cracked me up just then I would be here 'til midnight. Honestly, I think if I met you lot in real life I would actually really rate you. Yes, massive itchy boobs, jungle like lady garden and ability to well up all present and correct here. Just been to my first aqua natal and can't recommend it enough, just to relieve the lower back ache. Can't beat a load of preg ladies looking lovely and bobbing about to cheer you up.
LCR77 - know what you mean about the excluded bit, I prefer it to being put upon more like some expectant Mum's "Finish this whole big project before you go" type situation.

frogchops Thu 16-May-13 16:57:12

Feel bad want to crawl up my own ass alert. It's been a well known fact that at our workplace there is always 3 people expecting at the same time (yes that's a lot but there's almost 50 of us) So I was the first this time round having had three babies last year. Talking at work about who the other two might be and it came out that yes someone else is expecting and is now 16 weeks (and the cow bag is tiny so u can't even tell.... Hence why the nosey bitches didn't gossip about her like they did with me) and i made a guess at the third person cos I know she's been trying. Only to find out today that she lost her baby early on and would hve been about 12/14 weeks by now confused I feel so bad now that I joined in the gossip brigade about this :-/

frogchops Thu 16-May-13 16:59:43

But I'm also still laughing at what ive started with the lady garden issues!! Mine was a garden of peace and tranquility until pregnancy came along and made it like the Beruit of muff patches!!

Kittenkatzen Thu 16-May-13 18:45:10

gringringringrin at Beirut of muff patches!!!

Don't feel too bad frog, you weren't to know about your poor colleague - just be grateful you didn't ask her outright!

kimjayne Thu 16-May-13 18:50:49

herewego2 - im trying to find a local aqua natal class at the mo. How did you find yours? i already go to ante natal yoga at a weekend which is lovely but doesnt really feel like im doing any exercise. would love a proper preggers swim class.
in other news, my bump seems huge. Im intrigued to know if yours are similar so I might upload a new photo later and get your opinion.
Also my preggers app says at 24 weeks my baby is 30.5cm from top to toe which seems crazy. Cant believe I have a little ruler sized human hiding under my tum. Arent our funny (if not slightly hairy) bodies incredible?

I won't be joining you in worrying about my low fro, no holiday this year so no need for a swimming costume, and I can't see it anymore, so out of sight, out of mind! grin

3 in 50 in your work place pregnant doesn't sound bad at all compared to mine. There's about 20 of us, and 5 were pregnant at the same time! My boss is due a month before me. We've been joking that we need to re-design the office to include a creche area.

kimjayne, your bump doesn't look huge, it looks just right. smile DD came out at just over 2' tall, so I can well imagine babyBiscuit being a foot tall now. Not sure how they manage to fit though. confused

kipsonline Thu 16-May-13 20:03:45

Oooh I love this thread, after a thoroughly missable day I have just snorted out loud with laughter all the way home on the bus!!!! Am just off to book a lady garden tidy up now having been shamed into checking mine out, by way of a small mirror...not a pleasant experience ;)

frogchops Thu 16-May-13 20:06:22

Girls....m n s pants are on offer!! The short type ones are downto 0.40p
Plus if you're a 32D there's a pack of two maternity bras down to £6.

frogchops Thu 16-May-13 20:09:20

I also need to remember that this web business is worldwide.... So I apologise if you live in Beirut. I'm sure its a lovely place and in no way resembles my unruly pubic zone!!

herewego2 Thu 16-May-13 20:10:24

He he he to everyone again! Lo Fro! he he he... Kim, I just had a ring round of local leisure centres. I don't think it was a massive workout, it was just nice to see local future mums and be in the water.
Kips, can you let us know how your appointment goes?

kimjayne Thu 16-May-13 20:16:26

mrsmango - ive not updated my bump photo yet. thats about a month old smile haha. il update it as soon as I get home.

kimjayne Thu 16-May-13 20:17:06

oh and thanks herewego2! x will give that a go

SGJ Thu 16-May-13 20:38:42

THANK GOD Kim, you were making me feel GIGANTIC (which I am, so don't expect a picture!) 25+1 today and MUCH bigger than with DD. My hips are ready and expanded... not sure why my bum seems to have followed suit though! (oh wait, cakes)

jennimoo Thu 16-May-13 20:59:19

SGJ - in way bigger than with DD too, also just over 25 weeks. Put some work trousers on the loosest setting this week and felt tight still. The top I wore felt tight too and I wore it to when I finished at 35 weeks!

Off tomorrow to m&s to buy more pjs, knickers and bras, exciting!

frogchops Thu 16-May-13 21:05:54

My hips have expanded now too. In fact DP commented that all though j was all front before, I'm starting to expand in the hip and bum area too now. Boooo. My hips look like actual shelves that surround my body. confused

CharlW1 Thu 16-May-13 21:06:55

Thanks Frog more knickers purchased - along with a couple of really cute baby girl outfits for £4.80 each and some shoes I tried on when they were full price at £39.50 and now down to £12!

Kittenkatzen Thu 16-May-13 22:47:22

Snorting at "low fro" hahahaha grin

Re antenatal classes - I've signed up for a term of Lazy Daisy birthing classes which I came across whilst googling (unsuccessfully) for local antenatal yoga. Apparently it's a yoga based gentle exercise class which also teaches movements, relaxation and breathing techniques for use during labour. I'm a bit nervous as it's potentially slightly more lentil-weavy than my usual taste, but I'm hoping it will be useful and a good way to meet people. And I seriously need to get moving again, really missing my yoga now. First class is tomorrow night.

CheeseStrawCraving Fri 17-May-13 00:45:48

Hi ladies, another one totally recommending laser treatment, really only if you have middling skin tone and dark hair though apparently. I ft that criteria and it worked a treat. I went through skin clinic and thought thy were fab. Can spread cost interest free too.

ION also terrible at parking now, but in totes mortifying news, I gave man in Sainsbury's garage my 10p off a litre of fuel yesterday and he didn't give me any money off, only realised as I got back in the car... So I stomped back in and demanded a refund to which he pointed out that it was, in fact, a Tesco voucher and could not therefore be used in the Sainsbury's garage. Oh dear.

Kittenkatzen Fri 17-May-13 07:59:09

grinblush Oh dear cheesestraw! Surely he should have said something when you handed it to him though?!

Epic fail Cheese! But you do have to ask why he didn't hand it straight back to you at the till....

I've updated my bump pic, it feels much bigger but really doesn't look all that changed on the pic....maybe it's the camera angle..

kimjayne Fri 17-May-13 08:47:00

had every intention of taking new bump pic last night ........ then I fell asleep on the sofa. oops

hi all, good info about the laser treatment,mmight go for that while on mat leave...

just weighed myself this morning and at 25+3 I am now just shy of 70kg/11st. Think that's about right for me. I had very sstandard weight gain over my first pg and then when it came to the end it turned out It Was All Baby... I hope if this one's going to be 9lb+ that it comes out easily too!

TripleRock Fri 17-May-13 08:53:36

Just popping in to say you ladies have really made me chuckle whilst I've caught up on the last few pages. Just what was needed this morning!

Kittenkatzen Fri 17-May-13 09:32:45

I really love it when people come into the office sick because they're "too busy" to take time off angry. Two people on my team this week - one was so ill he finally (after spending the morning yakking in the staff toilets) went home yesterday with noro-fricking-virus, and the other has been feeling rough for a few days, saw the company doctor yesterday as he was worried it might be serious....he's just swanned into the office this morning and cheerily announced to the team that he has some viral infection that's apparently doing the rounds (doc has seen 10 people this week with same symptoms) but it's ok because, although he thinks he caught it from a colleague on another floor, he "doesn't think he's infectious". These people sit either side of me ffs. angryangry

Sorry, slightly unreasonable I know but I just needed to vent!

This thread is not accepting new messages.