Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

September 2013 Babies-the Glowing Trimester

(1000 Posts)
JammyTummy Sat 27-Apr-13 18:48:47

New thread! May it bring lots of good news, funny stories and happy bump mummies!

fl0b0t Mon 13-May-13 22:21:53

herewego that sounds ace! I didn't get to dance much at the weddings (everything happened really late) but managed a few embarrassing crotch thrusting moves :-D

KamikazeeKid Mon 13-May-13 22:25:32

Im answering old posts - just realised I've responded to page 20 and you are all up to page 22!

ION am loving feeling a baby wriggling about...its what I missed once ds was born

badguider Mon 13-May-13 22:30:46

kamikazee - but surely fit to fly notes should come from somebody who has had some role in the care or monitoring of the pregnant woman?
It's the 'GP' bit that bamboozles me... my GP wouldn't even know i'm pregnant unless he looks me up on the computer and reads my MWs notes. Why can't/shouldn't they trust a note from the MW (who we see anyway every few weeks).

frogchops Mon 13-May-13 22:30:56

I fully understand if baby hates me today.... My usual comfy pants were tiny and probably digging in his little arms/legs/face.
Random Q also... Is it possible to od on rennie? Cos if u can, I probably have!

KamikazeeKid Mon 13-May-13 22:53:27

I agree with that badguider- my drs brilliant as is my midwife. I'd trust either of their judgements....meanwhile at my last practice I wouldn't trust my dr at all!! Plus like you say my midwife had better knowledge of my health than my Dr. I guess its purely down to qualification which as you quite rightly point out - is irrelevant in a situation like yours.

SGJ Mon 13-May-13 23:29:44

Regarding cheesy dance moves - I'm rehearsing for a concert that's on in 3 weeks and tonight's rehearsal was in front of a full wall mirror - cue much laughing at myself and my big baby bump trying to sing and dance gracefully and not look completely conspicuous! Sadly the other pregnant lady has dropped out so now I will look like the only big fat fatty once we're on stage, boo hoo!

CharlW1 Tue 14-May-13 08:01:01

Thank goodness I got a good night's sleep last night! I will definitely buy some of that sleep mist though Ready.

I have the midwife today - I am going to ask who they give the glucose test for gestional diabetes. I am not in a risk category for this but my twin sister had it but it was diagnosed so late that she became really ill and had to inject insulin as soon as she was diagnosed (I think it was around 34 weeks) and had to carry on injecting whenever she eat.

RunningBear78 Tue 14-May-13 09:23:21

Ok, just to double check: If an airline specifies an ok to fly between 28 and 34 weeks, and I'm flying at 25 weeks, is it worth trying to get a GP safe to fly note or will my green notes stating I'm not that pregnant be sufficient? I don't look very pregnant, but it would be a bugger to be refused boarding just because of some jobsworth at the checkin ...the again, the waiting time to see our GP's seems to be about 21 days so the liklihood of getting said note to fly before we go is quite low. Seems such a waste of their time!

RunningBear78 Tue 14-May-13 09:25:18

TyneFilth what sort of surfaces do you use your BOBGear on? I hadn't really thought about the car boot issue, but we do already have an estate car, so am guessing if we can get two bikes in there, we should fit a pushchair! Will check the dimensions though, good call - thanks smile

TripleRock Tue 14-May-13 09:30:59

kitten this link mentions vit k for newborns

Vit K

KamikazeeKid Tue 14-May-13 09:44:00

Will they write it without seeing you runningbear?

To be honest if you don't look past the cutoff point you should be fine. Would recommend taking notes. I travelled at 27 weeks and took a letter didn't need on way out but needed on way back but to be fair if check in desks refuse or query....usually the airline rep can overrule and also most airports have drs on site. I saw a male. ..jobsworth who was a ground handling agency rather than the airline. The airline/tour rep had already been satisfied of my fitness to fly. I should add they didn't know I was staff.

KamikazeeKid Tue 14-May-13 09:47:06

Ps if the airline policy doesn't require a letter don't forget you are not doing anything wrong so really they cannot refuse travel. People that fly ignoring the requirement but have problems will have no comeback I'm afraid. It does happen but very very rarely.

Kittenkatzen Tue 14-May-13 10:12:18

Thanks triple will have a read smile

kipsonline Tue 14-May-13 10:59:12

Hello all! Have been a bit quiet due to dissertation marking but just catching up on news now smile my 2DS both have birthdays within 5 days of each other nxt wk so am also doing crazy party planning... My midwife showed me how to find the baby's head at my 25 wk appt, felt v v odd to be jiggling it through my tummy ?!!! He's still a wriggler and still growing well, despite all my meds that might restrict growth. Phew!

Charl I am having the GTT at 28 wks due to being on steroids, though I think it is usually bmi and ethnic background related, linked to the risk factors... Not sure if there is a greater risk if your sis has had it? I'm sure they'll give you the test tho if you ask?

On pushchairs, We went for the loola up 2nd hand, £100 inc pram/carry cot part, and maxi cosi adapters. V chuffed. Fabric looks like new...

I'm having the GTT due to my dad having diabetes....there was a 'anyone on your family?' type question in the green notes so it was flagged then. Mine's at 26 weeks.

Manoodledo Tue 14-May-13 11:26:39

Re. episiotomies, I had one with DS1 and I literally didn't feel it. I wouldn't have known about it if they hadn't told me.

weebarra Tue 14-May-13 11:32:19

Argh, currently waiting for my consultant appointment. 1 hour late and counting, v bored.
Have to be at work by 1, hope they see me soon.

Wincher Tue 14-May-13 11:37:19

I'm also having a GTT in a couple of weeks because my first baby was over 4kg (though only just). From googling I found in general people are offered the GTT after having had a baby of over 4.5kg, which is rather a lot more! I double-checked at my second midwife appointment and apparently the policy round here is definitely 4kg. Boo.

nerual Tue 14-May-13 12:00:22

Just had scan, all fine. It's a girl! Am I last?

frogchops Tue 14-May-13 12:50:12

Eeeeee. Congrats neural. Thought we were all done, lovely news!

PurplePoppySeed Tue 14-May-13 13:26:41

Hi everyone, just been catching up as I'm away in Portugal at the moment, not much to report except, now that I've had the 20 week scan the reality has set it, I'm finding myself eyeing up people's pushchairs, talking to DH about practical ways of taking baby on holiday etc ARGH!!! Scary! Oh and I burned my bump which DH thinks it hilarious as I look ridiculous grin so for everyone going away soon, put a slightly higher factor on the bump. At least it'll be we'll hidden when I come home to the arctic sad

welcome Manya smile
Congrats again Nerual brilliant news.

PurplePoppySeed Tue 14-May-13 13:27:27

Stupid iPad should say "well hidden"

TripleRock Tue 14-May-13 13:31:38

I was down for GTT just due to my cousin being diabetic.

I was a bit hmm as I never had it with DD who was only 6lb12oz. So I checked with my consultant who agreed with me I don't need it and crossed it out!

I would agree if sugar was present in my urine though

Mooster1709 Tue 14-May-13 14:04:49

I'm down for a GTT at 28 weeks, I think because my grandmother was diabetic... that will be a fun way to spend a morning.

flipflump Tue 14-May-13 14:06:01

We've decided to go ahead with bugaboo, our chameleon has been ordered - so excited!!! We got a great price from our local, independent children's shop, it includes the pram, car seat, base and adapters. It's like Christmas has come early grin

This thread is not accepting new messages.