Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

September 2013 Babies-the Glowing Trimester

(1000 Posts)
JammyTummy Sat 27-Apr-13 18:48:47

New thread! May it bring lots of good news, funny stories and happy bump mummies!

badguider Sun 28-Apr-13 09:49:23

Hi Folks,

As with most things I am going to wait and see about the monitor. I know I won't want my wee boy away from me for the first few days so after that I'll see where he's sleeping (planning on getting a slidealong cot for our bed and getting a 2nd hand moses basket for daytime) and how big he is and how wriggly and also how noisy he sleeps anyway and how paranoid I am before deciding what's necessary.

Also, I think a friend is going to lend us a whole travel system! She's somebody I know well enough to trust she wouldn't lend us a carseat that had been in an accident, she's keeping it for her possible/not-decided-yet third. The pram is very small wheeled but we'll try it on our local pavements and see.
And another friend has all her stuff in the loft in case her twin sister gets pregnant so we can borrow any of that at any stage we want it, her's includes more of an 'off road buggy' suitable from 3mo and a bigger cot suitable from about 6mo - what lovely friends, this will save us a fortune! smile

Today I'm off out for a forest walk. I moaned on fb yesterday about my dh and friends all going mountainbiking without me today and an ex-colleague said she ise in exactly the same situation (she's due aug) so we're meeting down there for some walking and a coffee smile

frogchops Sun 28-Apr-13 10:15:07

Kamikazee, which monitor is that?? Sounds like the kinda thing I'm after. wink
No Dtd here either since bfp (embarrassingly jan 15) DP doesn't seem tooo bothered and did say before bfp that I wouldn't incase he poked baby. I duno who or what he thinks he is/has!! grin

JammyTummy Sun 28-Apr-13 11:10:11

Oops sorry re thread in the wrong place! As long as we have everybody that's fine by me though.

My DH was worried about poking the baby for precisely two minutes (concerned face and all), then I suppose he thought about it and decided that for his own benefit he will take the advice that it can't cause any harm. Selfish sod.

LexyMa Sun 28-Apr-13 11:21:44

checking in to mark my place!

kimjayne Sun 28-Apr-13 12:04:50

Gosh, anyone else had days where they feel as though baby has swiped every single scrap.of your energy? Today Im like the walking dead. Very similar yesterday too. Think long hours at work are starting to get the better of me.
Re baby monitors, I know 2 people who used the angel sounds monitor with sensor pad. They 100% loved it and luckily we have been offered one of them smile I also got given some really cute baby all in one jackets yesterday and some ru fab maternity clothes, mat bras and nursing bras yesterday. So that's a few things to Rick.off the list.

fl0b0t Sun 28-Apr-13 12:16:36

Oooh also, just posted on last thread: head angelcare monitors v good! Hurrah for moving to Ante Natal (though not sure the difference with here!).

Also, burning mumsnet question- why do people "mark their place" on threads when you can click the "watch" button and go straight to the thread from the "threads I'm watching" tab? I just wondered as I often see the first three plus pages of threads littered with "marking my place" posts!

JammyTummy Sun 28-Apr-13 12:26:38

I often think of all the ladies who left out thread since December. I do wonder if they managed to get on a new baby bus!

andadietcoke Sun 28-Apr-13 12:32:48

jammytummy yes, some of them have grin

Sorry flobot, sometimes particularly on a quiche thread it's just to say hello although you've nothing to 'report' smile

I have nothing to report other than have just had a name change. I will go and update the stats thread now too...

frogchops Sun 28-Apr-13 12:53:50

Flo.... I'm never on a pc I post on my phone. There's no threads I'm watching button on my phone app (its a 'threads im on' button) so I have to post something random so that it knows which threads I'm part of! That's my excuse anyway!

Creamtea1 Sun 28-Apr-13 13:47:27

Yep same as frog - I'm on iPhone app so you have 'threads I'm on' in your settings - you don't see a thread in there until you have made a comment, hence marking place - sorry ladies!

EmmaDee Sun 28-Apr-13 14:36:24

Hi all, hope your weekends are going well. I thought I'd just pop in to say my bump size worries have been alleviated! Woke up this morning with a proper pregnancy bump!! Yipee!

Weighed myself yesterday, first time since week 10 and I've put on nearly 1 and half stone!!! Is this normal,.I'm 19 weeks tomorrow?

fl0b0t Sun 28-Apr-13 15:21:11

Ah ha, that makes more sense. I couldn't get the app to work on my ancient htc, so I use the webpage on my phone which does have a "watch" button!

emma Everyone had different start weights and we're all gaining at a different speed! If you're eating ok, don't worry! Glad you have a proper bump though now smile

jennimoo Sun 28-Apr-13 15:35:19

I'm on iPhone and didn't get on with the app, so also wondered why people 'mark their place'!

weebarra Sun 28-Apr-13 15:48:55

Morning all!
We have had the same BT monitor since DS1, it's not a video/motion one but it worked fine. It is getting a bit tempramental now though so might have to invest in a new one.
Went out for dinner and to a comedy club for a friend's birthday last night which was really nice, except for the fact that the comedy club was standing room only. It's a very small, hot venue and after two hours of getting my bump bumped I was ready to keel over so had to wimp out early!
Hard to believe I was going to gigs until two weeks before DS1 was born - although I suppose I am 5 years older now...

emma I'm 19 weeks too, have put on 8lb since the start. My 'Im expecting' app says 4-8lb is normal range for 18 weeks.

Just checked the stats thread & we're due the same day! Hope ur enjoying ur new bump :-)

JammyTummy Sun 28-Apr-13 18:14:12

We are getting through our baby shopping list incredibly well. Have all our furniture and quite a lot of the general baby kit. We now have the cot bed mattress, breast pump and car seat base to get, out of the 'big items'. Getting the baby monitor was a satisfying tick on the list!

Creamtea1 Sun 28-Apr-13 18:33:09

Emma and ready - therein lies the problem with comparing weight gains and using apps. Emma if you started as a bmi of healthy (19-24.9) then my app says the recommended weight gain at 19 weeks is between 7 and 12 pounds. If your bmi was over 25 then the recommended is 5-8 lbs.
bottom line is dont stress, it will come off after I promise smile

EmmaDee Sun 28-Apr-13 18:43:50

I'll hold you to that creamtea!! I was pretty shocked, I didn't think I'd put on any, up until this morning I didn't have any bump!! And I'm still in my own jeans, crazy!

EmmaDee Sun 28-Apr-13 18:44:31

Ooh and yip ready same edd! Let's see if that happens!

CharlW1 Sun 28-Apr-13 18:45:14

Creamtea I agree about not comparing weight gain - I have put on a stone and a half but not stressing about it.

Dorita75 Sun 28-Apr-13 21:20:23

It’s nuts isn’t it charl I hope you got back to sleep? I missed 1.5 hours sleep, yet been busy all day – few hours trying dresses on in town, 3 loads of washing on, tidying the house, hovered and even made soup and chilli to be frozen, and only just sat down – feel full of energy but know that tomorrow I’ll probably be knackered!

I bought a non-maternity dress in TK Maxx, lovely cornflower blue lacy one that isn’t right for the wedding but will be for few other things I’ve got on in next few weeks. I did get a normal dress from Bhs just in a size 14 instead (usually a 12). Bhs was my last resort and I’m amazed I found what I needed there! Just hope I don’t grow too much in the next month... wink

jammy I tried that, you know what’s it like though, you think there’s plenty of choice around until you start looking and nothing is quite right! Sorted now anyway.

Didn’t know about the watch thing, thanks *flobot

I’m feeling little flutters now (right now!!) I love it!

KamikazeeKid Sun 28-Apr-13 21:55:08

...decided to weigh myself. ..1stone on at halfway point. ... More shocked by the sudden addition of stretchmarks....I had some appear during week 38 last time now they have new buddies :-(

KamikazeeKid Sun 28-Apr-13 21:58:30

Frog the brand was "summer" got it on amazon. Can't recommend it enough and the signal range and pic is brilliant.

Its usually on offer I'll see if can post link

This thread is not accepting new messages.