Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

September 2013 Babies-the Glowing Trimester

(1000 Posts)
JammyTummy Sat 27-Apr-13 18:48:47

New thread! May it bring lots of good news, funny stories and happy bump mummies!

JammyTummy Tue 07-May-13 11:28:37

Creamtea noooooooooooooo! That is outrageous shock

Creamtea1 Tue 07-May-13 11:35:16

The shame of it!! Feel like I need to cover up in baggy floaty numbers all over now to hide away! So glad of the summer holidays though so it's 6 less weeks to endure of such comments near the end..

Fozziebearmum2b Tue 07-May-13 12:05:16

Creamtea-I can't believe that someone has said that!! That's the rudest thing I've heard so far angry how on earth do you respond to that!

Some people are horrendous blush

astroming Tue 07-May-13 12:35:43

Oh creamtea thats horrendous, how dare people be so rude. Dont fret over it, i often find the people who make comments like that have 'issues'...with themselves.

Thats brill then ready best of luck for tomorrow then. I'm undecided on finding out the sex...already have a four year old girl, we are struggling for names we agree on tho so it may be a way to help us aling:-)

JammyTummy Tue 07-May-13 12:41:34

Creamtea I completely agree with astro. I don't mean this in any nasty way but maybe she is just desperate for a bump and can't have one, and seeing you pregnant just made her say the first nasty thing that came to mind. That sort of comment is just pure malice, rather than constructive/ reflecting the truth.

jemimahpuddleduck Tue 07-May-13 13:09:34

creamtea I can not believe someone would say that to you!! Don't feel you should cover up over one silly cow though from what I remember of your bump pic you look lovely.

ION I ordered the angel care monitor over the weekend and a manual Tommee tippee breast pump for a total of £79.19 I really recommend joining amazon family you get such great discounts taken off when you go to pay!

On the 9 day countdown until my holiday now, I'm off to Turkey. I'm another one who loves St Ives i live in Somerset so not too far a journey for me.

Creamtea1 Tue 07-May-13 13:57:15

Ah thanks ladies you have all made me feel better smile I do wonder about the issues thing, and will try to avoid her in future!
Scan (private spur of the moment one) tomorrow so that's cheered me up. Good luck to all the last few of us having hospital scans too

Kittenkatzen Tue 07-May-13 15:25:11

shockshockshock creamtea I'm bloody outraged on your behalf!! What a horrid horrid woman! Issues or not, that's just a horrible thing to say to someone.

Hope everyone had a lovely bank holiday weekend. We started sorting out the spare room that will become the nursery, including putting the pram up (mostly just to check it was all in working order as we've had it sat in the box for a while already) so that was all quite exciting grin. I've also ordered a baby carrier - we went for the mamas & papas Morph, which works on a funky "pod" system and got really good reviews.

afrikat Tue 07-May-13 16:45:06

Hi ladies, hope you don't mind me jumping in mid-chat but I have been posting over on the pregnancy boards and was advised to make my way over here.

I am 20+4 today (had the scan last Friday) and it would be good to chat to others in the same place! Due September 20th so over halfway now...

First baby so starting the rather overwhelming task of figuring out where to start with prams / cots / etc and slightly freaked out about having to keep another human alive in 4 months time or so!

Nice to meet you all smile

fl0b0t Tue 07-May-13 17:01:31

RakeABedOfTyneFilth Hope you enjoyed your bike ride! We did 25m a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed it, but not been out and about too much recently on the bike :-( Hope to ride to full term if my balance is ok :-)

afrikat- hello and welcome! we've been blabbing on for about 6 chat threads now about all kinds of things, so if you feel you've missed out please feel free to ask! Also, there's a stats thread someone (link anyone) which you can add yourself to if you'd like :-)

This week I have already found out that my baby likes chanting! We were at a Muslim wedding yesterday and baby loved the whole 10 minutes of Imam chanting that it kicked me so hard I had tears (mostly good ones) in my eyes and the husband jumped when he felt it :-)

I also found out that I am emotional and hate being "told off". Guaranteed to have my blubbing. I was having a lovely morning, picked up a lush sorbet at the station between meetings and sat eating it in the sun. Then the train changed platforms, and I rushed to get it. It was really busy, and the guard told me to get on and sit in first class when he saw my bump. I felt a bit uneasy about it, but went into first class just to get on the train, then the lady with the trolley came through so I sat on the luggage rack to get out of her way and she had a go at me for being in 1st class!! I tried to explain that I'd just been told to get in first class and wasn't necessarily planning on staying there. What a complete bitch. I was only sitting in the fsking luggage rack! I did find a seat (a foldey downy one) in the vestibule and sat there and cried half way to Oxford. Bah. sad

Derpess Tue 07-May-13 18:13:21

Welcome Afrikat!

Flobot - she sounds like a cow, hope you feel better soon.

I finally had my scan today, 2 very wriggly babies and everything is as it should be. One is team pink and one is team blue, the girl was kicking the boy in the head at one point! I guess she's letting him know who is boss from the start!

My midwife thinks I do have pelvic girdle pain and have to see the GP for a referral to physio and/or an osteopath. Will try and get an emergency appointment tomorrow.

Good luck for any last scans over the next few days.

frogchops Tue 07-May-13 18:21:09

Afrikat! Welcome! I'm also due my first on 20/09. Be my due date buddy! My scan was Friday too.... ;)

afrikat Tue 07-May-13 19:15:17

Thanks for the welcomes ladies and nice to have a due date partner frogchops! How did your scan go? Our baby was showing an early stubborn streak, refusing to get in required position for one of the views so I have to go back for another scan next week. They weren't at all concerned tho so I am viewing it as a bonus - I get to see another scan!

Off to yoga tonight - I am usually too tired to do anything in the evenings (that first trimester exhaustion never really left me) but doing ok today so trying to make the effort while I can.

Sorry you are in pain derpess - hopefully you will manage to get some help ASAP

frogchops Tue 07-May-13 19:35:19

Scan was great...revealed a lovely little boy! He was chilling with his arms up behind his head. All measurements were average too. Good that u get another scan though!!

weebarra Tue 07-May-13 20:24:34

Welcome afrikat and congrats on the scan frogchops.
Are there any ladies on here who've had an elective section previously? I've got an appointment with my consultant next week and was wondering if she'll give me a date then.
Nothing exciting to report here, feeling fine and enjoying the sun.
Can't believe how rude people have been to some of you - they'd be feeling the wrath of my hormones!

Dorita75 Tue 07-May-13 20:39:23

Thanks fozziebear yes that helps thank you. It’s just something that is completely new to me and I need a really simple guide to the basics of tax!! That’s useful info though.

jammy we went to Robin Hoods Bay last year, was lovely and nearer to you than St Ives!!

kamikaze I had an ERPC last year, interesting that you’ve found a connection between the two.

kittenkatz we got our room sorted too, so exciting isn’t it!! Can’t believe it’s going to have a baby in it before Christmas.

Welcome africat hope you find lots of answers to all the questions here!

My friend lent me her angelsounds doppler today, OMG it's amazing hearing the heartbeat!! Put my mind at rest seeing as I'm not feeling much yet. The baby obviously doesn't like being poked in any way as it moved away so I won't be using the doppler too much but great for reassurance.

JammyTummy Tue 07-May-13 20:50:57

DH just finished building baby's new wardrobe! He did a swell job although he couldn't figure out how to attach the handle at the end...
Our nursery is almost done and all painted now, just need a little shelf for for books (harder to find than expected) and a nursing chair which I quite fancy. Really feel like we're getting there now!
Yesterday I was feeling a bit hormonal so I went and sat staring into one of my drawers of little baby clothes and felt happier after a few minutes! Definite therapeutic effect.

Kittenkatzen Tue 07-May-13 21:21:02

Welcome afrikat, hope you've had an easy time of it so far!

Awww fl0b0t she sounds like a miserable old witch, you should have flicked sorbet at her grin

derpess congrats on the scan, one of each how lovely!!

jammy wow you're organised with your nursery! We have decided on a theme and started picking up bits and pieces but there's no paint or anything in sight yet!

So excited about my scan 2moro...really hoping baby plays ball & shows us what flavour it is! Baby seems equally excited...been kicking like crazy today :-)

Fozziebearmum2b Tue 07-May-13 21:27:47

Is anyone else struggling with hayfever? I'm sure the mw said it doesn't normally bother preg women, but mines awful despite taking eye drops hmm

Fozziebearmum2b Tue 07-May-13 21:28:52

Ahh-enjoy your scan tomorrow smile Mines Thurs can't wait!

frogchops Tue 07-May-13 22:16:13

Good luck with scan ready!! Oh and finding out the flavour too, how nice! I feel like the blue team captain willing everyone to join my team!!lol
I've had dodgy hayfever too, and there's not a lot we can have for it. Ended up paying a tenner for some spray from boots.... And can't say its really helped :-/

herewego2 Tue 07-May-13 22:48:15

Creamtea and Flo really, really feeling it for you both there.... Jammy Tummy has the right idea, keep your eyes on the prize! (or on the reminders of why we're doing this). Creamtea, def keep away from the woman with the issues. XXXX

CheeseStrawCraving Tue 07-May-13 23:41:48

Ok need to catch up, but sun news codes for hols are duke, undo, hush, cuff, buzz, wren, jinx and yoga. Enjoy!

kimjayne Wed 08-May-13 07:58:26

I've hit an emotional stage and feeling a bit teary today. The smallest things are setting me off and my.boss isn't helping matters. He was being fab about my pregnancy until about a month ago when the novelty seemed to wear off. He now seems to blank my comments regarding pregnancy and today he's making me meet him outside his house before a client meeting coz it's easier for him this way. He could easily pick me up as he drives and I have no car. So Im getting a bus for an hour and then a tram to get to his. Also had to get up an hour early in order to.get there for 8:30am. Im shattered!

This thread is not accepting new messages.