Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

September 2013 Babies-the Glowing Trimester

(1000 Posts)
JammyTummy Sat 27-Apr-13 18:48:47

New thread! May it bring lots of good news, funny stories and happy bump mummies!

jennimoo Sat 27-Apr-13 19:14:24
BinarySolo Sat 27-Apr-13 19:16:47

Marking place!

HettySunshine Sat 27-Apr-13 19:18:42

Marking my place.

We're in the pregnancy bit rather than the antenatal clubs - doesn't matter does it? smile

CharlW1 Sat 27-Apr-13 19:38:55

Marking place also.

Have give OH the task of getting the baby monitor as he loves all the gadgets so no doubt he'll be reading everything about them.

Binary I was told the same about bleeds and going straight to a&e. It does make sense to be more sensible, though won't be laying off sex just yet - though not sure if anyone else's OH is the same but he is not into sex as much as he is nervous about hurting the baby.

CheeseStrawCraving Sat 27-Apr-13 20:39:21

Hi all, great scan news! Just marking place. Shall we add boy/girl/surprise to stats list?

KamikazeeKid Sat 27-Apr-13 21:25:19

Just marking spot :-)

MammaGnomes Sat 27-Apr-13 22:18:06

Marking spot also and yes to OH not wanting sex as thinks will hurt baby! He might have to get over that doubt I can hold out till sept/oct l

MammaGnomes Sat 27-Apr-13 22:21:30

Want to add myself to the stats list what is EDF????

Creamtea1 Sat 27-Apr-13 23:13:02

Marking spot

frogchops Sun 28-Apr-13 00:06:30

Marking my place ;)

SGJ Sun 28-Apr-13 00:56:57

My sister has the Angelcare monitor with mat and says its amazing, though you must make sure to turn it of before you pick up the baby or it let's off the loudest alert noise! We have a BT monitor which is great. It's the only one in their range that displays the temperature on the parent unit, which I have found to be the most useful aspect of a monitor, ie so you can see whether it's too hot/cold in their room without having to go in and disturb them.

Dorita75 Sun 28-Apr-13 05:21:42

Wide wide awake at 5am ... I'm searching for a dress online and getting nowhere! This wedding is quite fancy so I need a dress that goes below the knee or to the floor, and I have a budget of about £65 yet am having real trouble finding anything. Best I've found are black and that's not good for a summer wedding. Thinking of just trying a normal dress a size bigger....might work if the style is right, bump's not too big....yet!

CharlW1 Sun 28-Apr-13 06:28:59

Dorita I was wide awake by 5:30 - I have to get up at that time in the week and struggle, yet today when I can lie in I am wide awake!

If you can't find a maternity dress for the wedding I would look at the normal dresses in t k maxx - I went last week and they had some lovely summer maxi dresses in stretchy fabric - I know it can be a bit hit and miss and not every store has the same thing but maybe worth a try.

flipflump Sun 28-Apr-13 07:45:35

My DH is the same, I haven't been told to avoid sex but he's nervous of hurting baby (in the nicest way possible, I explained he's not a horse, if you know what I mean) he's now even more concerned knowing the placenta is low. He's gone off it but I'm hoping to sway him soon.

Think I over did it yesterday, I'm a bit uncomfortable this morning and woke with a sore hip, I was being good and stayed on my left all night, now paying the price.

We're going for the Angel care too. I've been a nanny/mat nurse for years and have woken so many babies unnecessarily, just to check they're breathing. If its the one this that will let you relax, then it's got to be worth it and so reassuring. My sister used one and loved it. Her son was born with a heart defect and after major surgery, they were very nervous taking him home. The monitors gentle click reassured them that little man was safe and well.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend! Looking forward to more scan news this coming week.

flipflump Sun 28-Apr-13 07:46:52

Cheese straw, I agree on adding the sex/unknown to the stats. Would be great to see percentages.

JammyTummy Sun 28-Apr-13 08:04:41

Ooh Kamikazee I didn't realise we had the same EDD! We'll wait and see what it amounts to!

Dorita why don't you just type in 'maternity maxi dress' into google shopping? Lots of stuff is bound to come up.

frogchops Sun 28-Apr-13 08:30:03

I read a whole thread about sensor pad monitors (can't remember where now) and it scared me into not having one...lots if people said it made then worry unecessarily as baby can just move and roll off sensor parts setting off loud noise. Cue major panic and woken baby! But then others think they're great. :-/

Wincher Sun 28-Apr-13 08:45:06

Hello! One more day till Scan Day...

andadietcoke Sun 28-Apr-13 09:11:05

An alternative to the Angelcare pad is the respisense clip - they clip on to nappies and seem to be my only option with twins if they're sleeping together. They're also a lot more portable than the mats (although DH and I did have a little giggle at the cattle prod tummy tickle that the baby gets if it forgets to breathe!!)

www.respisense.co.uk/

andadietcoke Sun 28-Apr-13 09:11:47

Ooh wincher how are you feeling? I was a bundle of nerves before mine. Are you finding out the sex?

andadietcoke Sun 28-Apr-13 09:15:33

flipflump we haven't had the sex since before my BFP (poor thing). Re being hung by a horse though - poor DH suffered an extensive round of pub banter on Friday night when someone decided that to get a girl 'you had to go in deeper'. DH is now known as whelky (apparently the whelk has the biggest penis to body ratio!!!) given his capacity to produce twin girls. I was mortified. DH seems quite proud hmm

jennimoo Sun 28-Apr-13 09:44:00

No DTD here either, but I've not had many days without flu, sickness, cough etc either!

CatherineHMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 28-Apr-13 09:46:08

Hello - just popping in to say we'll be moving this shortly into our Ante Natal Clubs section.

KamikazeeKid Sun 28-Apr-13 09:46:50

jammy oh yeah!

Regarding monitors I was put off the pad ones due to friends stressing unnecessarily so bought a colour monitor one - its brilliant! It picks up slightest sound very easily so for those first nervy days in his room alone I turned up the volume and could hear his every breath! Useful for when they need monitoring in the lounge if you are in kitchen etc

This thread is not accepting new messages.