Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

January 2014 - Start the new year off with a pop

(1000 Posts)
MissMedusa Wed 24-Apr-13 21:18:23

Any one else hoping for a 2014 baby?

I'm hesitantly dipping my baby toe in the pool after having a mc last October. I'm 4+2 today with my first and hoping and praying this one sticks.

Here's to 2014!

Tricycletops Wed 08-May-13 12:01:05

Hi ladies, can I join you? Got a ridiculously early BFP last week but didn't want to tempt fate by posting before AF was well and truly late!

I make my EDD the 12th of January and this is baby number one!

I am falling asleep all over the place and my boobs are massive (or rather more massive; they were already Hs... confused ) and incredibly painful. And I have to agree with whoever it was upthread who said that the ridiculous amounts of discharge really messes with your head...

LittlePeaPod Wed 08-May-13 12:06:50

Sunny, Mrs AVB, Sultanajo, Humpty - it was a full on mid night panic . But I am fine now back on the positive track. thank you for your thoughts, hugs and handholding. Can't remember who said it but without meaning to wish my life away… Roll on 13 weeks and start of second trimester. ha ha ha ha I think I am about to crack and buy another digi test.

Sultanajo don't worry about the mix up. Maybe baby brain but also this thread moves so fast………

MrsAVB sorry to hear you are feeling so poorly she says slightly jealous that she's not feeling really ill too grin I didn't realise we could have really hot showers/baths. Could this trigger a mc? I have mine really hot. Will not be doing that in future. Also thank god it's not me just getting bigger. I have noticed that my engagement ring is getting really tight (particularly first thing in the morning).

Toby we have told three people. Two of my closes friends because they would guess instantly due to my love of wine!!! wink and my SIL because she is pregnant and she was feeling guilty due to what happened in March. I didn't want her to carry on feeling bad. We will be telling all other close family after 9 weeks or at the very earliest after reassurance scan if all goes ok. FX

Humpty you really do make me giggle with the POAS.. It’s a bit like me and my mentleness (is that even a word?) with the vitamins… ha ha ha ha And by the way, good luck for the driving test… When is it?

congratulations to all the new ladies with gorgeous BFP flowers

TheSlug Wed 08-May-13 13:18:55

We have told my mum, my DH's best friends (a couple) and my bestie who is also pregnant. I'm really scared about other people finding out and have even lied to people who've asked me blush

extracrunchy Wed 08-May-13 13:21:19

I am impressed by how restrained you all are keeping the big secret!
I'm terrified I'm going to get to 12wk scan and no baby but can't seem to stop blabbing!! It just comes out!
Told...

Mum & Dad
Both sisters
Best friend
Other best friend
2 pregnant close friends
3 no wait 4 colleagues

That is ridiculous...

extracrunchy Wed 08-May-13 13:21:52

God looking at all those people I'm now scared I've jinxed it.

Wardy17 Wed 08-May-13 13:35:30

toby I haven't told anyone just me and hubby and you guys if course. We won't be telling anyone until I turn up at their house with the scan picture fingers crossed!!! I had a mmc in nov and we told both sets of parents as was at 11 weeks and thought all was ok but baby stopped growing at 8 weeks. So would rather just enjoy/worry the first 12 weeks on our own

Penny31 Wed 08-May-13 13:47:20

Random question. What do you use to clean your bathroom? I use a dettol spray and it smells really strong and I'm worried its not safe?......

chocoholicalcoholic Wed 08-May-13 13:47:29

Thanks for all of the snacking ideas, will definitely be using some of those. Will be looking into the marmite popcorn recipe later Toby, it sounds amazing!

We haven't told a soul about this pregnancy and are not planning on telling anyone either. We are going to see who notices when the bump starts showing and who has the guts to ask! as it is our third we felt like we could have a bit of fun with it instead of announcing BUT I don't know if we will be able to keep it secret for that long!

I've just seen my very pregnant friend and it suddenly hit me. I'm focusing too much on the negative - mc/mmc etc and almost expecting it to happen when I should be focusing on that beautiful end result! She was so excited and calm and positive and it reminded how I felt with my first two. The mc was a separate pregnancy - not this pregnancy. Must try to remember that! Huge empathy goes out to all of you worrying, it is comforting in a way to know that we are all in the same boat at the same time isn't it? I would've felt a lot more alone had I not joined this thread. So, thanks ladies.

chocoholicalcoholic Wed 08-May-13 13:50:59

Penny I just use what I normally use but keep the rooms ventilated while I'm in them.

chocoholicalcoholic Wed 08-May-13 13:51:57

Normally use dettol or flash meant to say!

Penny31 Wed 08-May-13 13:55:39

I don't have window in bathroom so just keep the door open....it's so strong I might see if there is an organic type or something

TobyLerone Wed 08-May-13 14:01:39

I have just cleaned the bathroom, as it happens! I use Dettol Power and Pure (or something). It smells lovely! And some kind of antibacterial wipes on the loo. Can't remember what they are. Then I put bleach down it.

I cleaned my mum's bathroom earlier and used Cif cream cleaner on the sink/bath, Dettol wipes on the loo and Zoflora Bluebell on the floor (which I cleaned on my hands and knees!).

I can't say I've given the fumes a second's thought!

qumquat Wed 08-May-13 14:36:09

Hello all. Vomited for the first time today. Was hoping I'd be one of those lucky symptomless people- it's clearly not going that way! On the plus side it's helping me resist the temptation to buy another p test, I'll take the vomiting as proof! Congratulations to everyone and fingers crossed for sticky beans! Xx

pod Glad we could help! And shower/bath wise - too hot baths are out (you have to go pretty pretty hot though - it's if you raise your core temp over 37.8 or thereabouts), but I think you can shower however you want (although v hot showers do give you drier skin & broken vein wink)
Driving test is next Tues - cross fingers for me?

Slug that is my fear - people asking and me instinctively saying 'Of COURSE not' as I have done in the past when not drinking/quitting smoking... I'd hate to lie and say I'm not, it feels bad, but I'm not sure what else to say!

choco that's a lovely thing to say - each pregnancy is a separate pregnancy. We should all take a leaf out of your book.

penny I think advice is ventilate and maybe gloves, but don't worry? I'm going to buy a big preg advice book tonight, as I love looking stuff like that up... I do remember it saying (my Kindle version of book) not to clean oven - too strong.

qumquat feel better, poor you.

TobyLerone Wed 08-May-13 15:03:08

Good luck, Humpty!

Penny31 Wed 08-May-13 15:15:11

Now you see my oven cleaner doesn't smell as strong as the bathroom one but I'm happy to hand over that job to DP! He won't do the bathroom properly though so I have to do that one! I think I'm blowing the cleaning product worry out of proportion.......

On a different note I have my first GP appointment tomorrow smile had to hand a sample in last week. It will all seem more real I think smile

Penny31 Wed 08-May-13 15:15:59

Good luck humpty!!

MTBMummy Wed 08-May-13 15:21:05

Good luck Humpty

Have just called to get a booking appointment, knew from last time to do it well in advance, but they can only see me in 2 weeks, when I'll be 6 weeks, or at the end of June, so have gone for the earlier one, in the hope it means I'll be in the queue early for my dating scan, I'm stuck with the same MW as last time, and I hate her, I may look at changing surgeries so I don't have to use her again.

TheSlug Wed 08-May-13 15:23:18

fx for you humpty! qumquat you poor thing, hope you feel better soon. I've been nauseous for the past couple of days, but not actually sick. I have been sooo tired though! Anyone else?

TheSlug Wed 08-May-13 15:24:54

MTB I can't see my Dr for two weeks either, I'll be nearly 8 weeks by then! I had hoped it would be sooner!

Penny31 Wed 08-May-13 15:32:48

I will be 6+5 tomorrow, hope that my booking in app with midwife and scan dates are on time. I can't wait longer than 12 weeks for my scan!

Wardy17 Wed 08-May-13 15:34:43

Same here, docs apt not till 20th then will have to wait for first apt with midwife then scan date. How come some of you ladies get apts with midwives straight away?

TobyLerone Wed 08-May-13 15:35:14

I've got my booking in appt tomorrow (6+1).

TheSlug Wed 08-May-13 15:40:20

falling asleep at my desk zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Penny31 Wed 08-May-13 15:42:58

I had to wait ages for my GP appointment, hopefully my booking in appointment is quicker. Although I absolutely hate blood tests, the thought makes me feel queasy sad

This thread is not accepting new messages.