Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

May 2013: 5 in the thread and the little one said, roll over - there's lots more on the way!

(998 Posts)
Rhienne Fri 19-Apr-13 20:47:01

Running out of space over here so a new thread for all our fabulous birth stories!

lollypopsicle Mon 06-May-13 20:43:39

...and rest up tas.

I'm going to shut up now grin

SevenReasonsToSmile Mon 06-May-13 21:21:50

Hope everyone is doing ok.

tas sounds like things are starting to happen there, rest up.

bood sounds like you've had a tough time, glad things are a bit better now.

Beatrice is doing really well and only lost 3.5oz, she doubled her milk intake since Friday so she'll hopefully have gained it again by her next weigh in. DS and DD1 however have both got a sickness bug so I've taken DD2 to my parents for the night. I'm guessing at 6 days old and a month early a horrible sickness bug would likely send her straight back to special care. Worried sick and annoyed that this is how we're spending DH paternity leave.

shelly81 Mon 06-May-13 21:32:17

Another one feeling crappy here sad lower back pain n period cramps since last nite ....bad tummy n been sick ... So off to bed to get some kip ... Good luck roast & tas my babies are normally late so not holdin out much hope that this is it ... Probably overdone it cleaning this weekend xxx

rachywhite83 Mon 06-May-13 22:11:52

Im feeling rough today. Ended up on labour ward last night. I was having regular strong contractions every 4 minutes lasting for a minute. Midwife examined me and said I wasn't in established labour so sent me home. I had my show last night. Been having contractions all day quite irregular and sometimes painful. Feeling very sorry for myself !

Thingiebob Mon 06-May-13 22:37:08

Oh I can empathise with you rachy. Similar thing is happening to me. It is so depressing and wearing isn't it?
Hopefully they will all become regular tonight!

scooby26 Mon 06-May-13 23:08:57

Rache/thingie

Sorry you're having a tough day... Something's happening tho so keep your eye on the prize ;-)

Not due here til 24th tho DS as a week early... Having lots of bad tummy but nothing else...

Started suffering with huge swollen cankles which I've never had before and also weeing for England which is frankly really Nnoying!

Hope you've all had a nice wkend x

Rhienne Tue 07-May-13 05:01:04

40+3 and this LO is showing no signs of coming out any time soon. Sigh. I am so over being pregnant! And awake at this hour. hmm

Bunnychan Tue 07-May-13 05:34:52

I'm so excited for everyone who is showing signs of things progressing! I'm hoping my little one holds off for a week at least as I'm working until Friday. I've woken up (stupidly early) today feeling incredibly nervous about work!! I don't know why; I guess it's knowing that there are big changes ahead! My cousin has just had her baby; she was due on the tenth and because we've been pregnant first timers together, I guess everything is starting to play on my mind. Every braxton hick/ every period like cramp or back pain and I'm worrying. After Friday, I will be willing it all to happen lol! X

TerracottaPie Tue 07-May-13 08:25:17

Anyone else find it funny that we've had all these not-born-in-May May babies arrive and now that May is here we've only had one (I think?). I know there'll be a big rush of deliveries soon but it has made me chuckle.

40 weeks today!

And not expecting anything to happen any time soon grin

Finally mostly packed my hospital bags though...

Roast, Tas, Rachy & Thingy you all sound like things are kicking off, how exciting. I wonder who'll be first (not that it's a race of course). Good luck to all of you.

Seven - hope little Beatrice doesn't get sick, any weight gain is brilliant. DS took a week to gain any weight so B is doing brilliantly. Is there anything you can do about Alice's latch Bood? Can babies be trained to latch on differently?

Saw my Dr yesterday, the baby has moved upwards and my cervix is closed so I think we'll be waiting for a while yet. Thursday and Friday are holidays here and both sets of grand parents will be over for the weekend so hopefully she'll decide to make her appearance then. Also dealt with all the admission information, have my room booked, discussed epidurals and arranged for some breast feeding support. I feel quite organised now.

We've decided to go with the cord blood banking. It wasn't offered to us when we had DS so I was a bit thrown by it yesterday. It was the 'research' part I was unsure about Lolly but if it can be used to save lives it's got to be worth it.

Forgot - 39+1

PregnantPain Tue 07-May-13 10:02:59

Hello again everyone, hope all is well with bumps and babies. 39+5 today, and quite fed up already, had some strong braxton hicks yesterday but they were really erratic but gave me an excuse to test out the contraction timer app on my phone grin

Midwife is coming out to see me on Thursday, as she couldn't fit me into the clinic at the surgery, but suits me fine as any distance is difficult to walk, baby feels even further down now too so that doesn't help.

My stepmother has already written on my wall on Facebook asking if there was any sign of the baby yet hmm you are one of my babysitting options you would know trust me! grin

tasmaniandevilchaser Tue 07-May-13 10:53:04

Rachy sounds frustrating, hope it all gets a move on soon

Seven lovely to hear Beatrice is doing well smile

Well I suspect I just had wind last night blush but you never know, so many friends have had their 2nd v v v fast, I'm still hopeful he'll arrive soon! On the raspberry leaf tea, tone that uterus!

tasmaniandevilchaser Tue 07-May-13 10:54:03

Forgot to say due today! Waves to terracotta!

ng1412 Tue 07-May-13 14:58:07

Just back from gyne. Baby's head is still not engaged but I am 2cm dilated. Just a case of waiting now although whatever happens the baby is coming out a week tomorrow at the latest by section.

Went for lunch afterwards while PIL and my parents looked after DD. Was a nice change going out, we never go anywhere normally! The price you pay for living overseas I guess.

Hope all is going well with everyone, in particular those that sound like baby may be on its way!

TerracottaPie Tue 07-May-13 15:53:32

<waves back at tas> grin

We're on the home straight now! Although it's sounds like you're a little nearer than I am.

tasmaniandevilchaser Tue 07-May-13 17:26:08

NG sounds promising! 2cm! i had 3 hrs on the drip with DD and was only 1cm after all that! My mw said with DC2 they often don't engage until contractions start.

Bunnychan Tue 07-May-13 20:57:04

I'm having the most painful tightenings in the world- I think it's intense Braxton hicks but the baby is also kicking the shit out of me tonight. It's all painful in the front and is just lasts for ages-not in waves. Please tell me this isn't going to happen constantly for the next 2-4 weeks???
37+ 5 x

DXBMermaid Tue 07-May-13 21:23:30

Just had some pretty painful BH after not having had any for ages. Strange!

Need to ask advice regarding vaginal exam. Gyne wants to do one on my next visit next week. To check baby's head and dialation I think. My mum was saying there is a good chance of going into labour after one of those. What do you think? I have this stupid idea in my head that I would like her to be born on the 23rd, the day after I'm due as dogs bday is 24, bf is 25 and dh is 26. So, if chances on going into labour increase due to vaginal exam I'll give it a miss unless medically necessary. What do you think? Is this just my crazg pregnancy hormones talking?

lollypopsicle Tue 07-May-13 21:46:09

Mermaid the only way the exam will bring on labour is if you are on your way already. Midwife was keen to make that quite clear to me when offering a sweep at 41 wks last time (turned out I was 2/3cm already and DS was born less than 24hrs after sweep)

I don't think I'd want an internal exam unless medically necessary during pregnancy but that is purely my personal opinion of how I feel about that sort of thing. You should do what feels right for you but I wouldn't worry about it bringing on labour early.

ButteryJam Tue 07-May-13 22:21:38

Hi,

I want to join in! smile I'm 37 weeks now, so not long to go. Had diarrhea yesterday so was thinking something may happen but nothing really. Today I had sone upper back pain and period like pain, but no idea if it means anything as it is my 1st. So I'm clueless really ...

DBX, as Lolly said an internal wont bring anything on unless you're already in v. early labour. I had one on Monday and nothing's happening here (39+2).

ng1412 Wed 08-May-13 08:20:18

DXB I had a routine gyne exam yesterday, I have them every appt which have averaged every few weeks. I have to say they don't bother me but I can understand why others wouldn't want them.

Anyway I haven't had any feelings of it bringing on labour although I am 2cm dilated. Hopefully you will be the same!

aberjen Wed 08-May-13 08:53:02

Morning all smile

Hoping no news is good news for the ladies things seemed to be happening for - about time we had a few actual May babies on the May babies thread! grin

Welcome buttery

Have a slightly tmi q about the 'show' - have been getting something like EWCM when I go to the loo. Not blood-tinged at all, completely clear. Quite jelly-y. Could this be the beginnings of show? Am 37+6 and was despairing of anything happening ever as baby not engaged even though this is my first - was under impression that first babies usually engage long before due date, is that right? Completely clueless!!

Morning all I have a midwife appointment today. Hoping for some good news ie that he is in the right position as it felt like he was lying transverse at the weekend. Anyone else finding their bump really painful. Baby is moving in such strange positions last night his whole body was on my right. Was so strange left side of tummy was all soft and squishy and right side rock hard. It really hurt.

TMI post. I had a really bad bleed last night when I went to the loo. Definitely wasnt from front was from bottom. I've had no piles symptoms or pain or anything. There was a lot of blood though blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now