Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

May 2013: 5 in the thread and the little one said, roll over - there's lots more on the way!

(998 Posts)
Rhienne Fri 19-Apr-13 20:47:01

Running out of space over here so a new thread for all our fabulous birth stories!

Rhienne Fri 19-Apr-13 20:52:43

and a few more PG moans...

Stats thread here if anyone's looking for it.

TerracottaPie Fri 19-Apr-13 21:01:30

Love the new thread title rhienne grin

Marking my place

Boodstress Fri 19-Apr-13 21:30:49

Love the title ! Westie that is the most amazing story. I have lots of questions but mostly were you not completely traumatised by the speed of it all? Were you quick last time? Did you have a sense he was on the way the preceding few days? I hope you are snuggled up with him now. How lovely x

berri Fri 19-Apr-13 22:15:43

Our lovely little girl Estelle arrived today! 5lb 9oz. We are both doing very well! 38+1.

Will post more tomorrow, time for a snooze smile

PregnantPain Fri 19-Apr-13 22:23:22

Here's hoping this is the last thread before I have my little bundle!

Got an appointment at the hospital on Wednesday, to discuss the plan for birth as I am going for another vaginal birth, despite a third degree tear last time (hence needing to make a defined plan for birth). I have said I would like an episiotomy this time, and midwife mentioned a c-section might be likely, well I am terrified of that option and want to avoid that result (more because of the recovery being more difficult and I already have a toddler and I want to breastfeed, and hear that it's even more difficult after section - correct me if I am wrong. I failed with DD don't want to fail again)

Obviously if baby is in danger and c-section is required for that reason then by all means I won't make a fuss. If it is merely a cosmetic reason (i.e another tear) I would rather have another tear, or can it be worse? I suppose it will all be discussed on Wednesday.

In other news, I have a doula coming to visit me tommorow to discuss hiring her as I am eligible for the access fund they have, and this lady has supported women in the past who have used the access fund, so she is happy to help me if I go ahead, I still haven't got a clue what I should be asking her, she asked me on the phone if I had any questions and I drew a blank! blush I want support on an active labour if it will be possible and breastfeeding advice and support after. I really want to make it work this time and EBF.

I'm going to shut up now grin

rachywhite83 Fri 19-Apr-13 22:25:44

I'm so excited by all these babies being born !

PregnantPain Fri 19-Apr-13 22:25:55

Oh wow another little bundle! Congrats Berri that is a beautiful name, I want my little one all the more now! Am a week behind you (37+1)

SevenReasonsToSmile Fri 19-Apr-13 22:27:13

Thanks for the new thread rhienne, and for linking to the stats. It's nice not having to be the organised one!

Huge congratulations to you berri, glad to hear you're both doing ok.

I'm so surprised I can't remember what I was actually going to say grin

tasmaniandevilchaser Fri 19-Apr-13 22:31:23

Hi 5 babies already! Thanks rhienne for starting new thread,

tasmaniandevilchaser Fri 19-Apr-13 22:35:54

Sorry 6 now, congrats berri!

SevenReasonsToSmile Fri 19-Apr-13 22:36:26

Make that 6 babies! grin

SevenReasonsToSmile Fri 19-Apr-13 22:36:51

X-post

Boodstress Fri 19-Apr-13 22:53:38

pregnant I totally understand you trying to avoid the section. I've had two and another planned. It's not how I would have planned it. The recovery can be tough but equally I know people with 3rd degree tears that had a much more difficult time. You are pretty intact down there following a section. I've breast fed twice following a section and its no problem (first time takes some adjustment of course) you may just need help positioning baby - if you're sitting you sort of rugby ball hold and if you're lying the baby lies along side you. You'll be pretty shattered so the latter is preferable and really lovely (& healing emotionally I thought).

Rhienne Fri 19-Apr-13 23:01:41

Congratulations Berri! Welcome Estelle.

Congratulations Berri x

goldmaple Sat 20-Apr-13 05:52:00

Congrats Westie and berri ! Lovely names! I love to hear birth storiessmile

Nothing to report except I am now more pregnant than I've ever been 38+2 and regretting refusing a sweep at my weds appt.

Good luck to whoever is next!!

DizziDoll Sat 20-Apr-13 08:56:09

Congratulations Berri. I love the name. Great birth story Westie.

On the topic of birth stories, I remember the seperate thread we had for March '10. It was great as people felt they could post any detail without scaring anyone off on the ante-natal thread. Though I must admit I would love a labour like Westie, though preferably not in the street.

37+5

SeaSalt1 Sat 20-Apr-13 09:11:10

Congratulations Westie and Berri! Wonderful news, so excited for you. I love the names you have chosen too. Please post some pics on FB so we can admire them!

Thingiebob, I saw your last post on the old thread - may be worth re-posting here so more people can comment. How are you doing now? Are the pains/contractions any closer together? If you're worried do get yourself checked out (for what it's worth I think I probably would in your situation). Please let us know how you are, I'm thinking of you.

I had a growth scan last Monday (at 33+6, I'm so far behind the rest of you!) and our little man is already nearly 6lb, which is slightly concerning me. At the point I had the scan I still had 6 weeks left to go, and a bit of googling tells me he is likely to grow at 1/2 a pound a week, which would mean I'm heading for a 9 pounder (bigger if he arrives late). I'm not too surprised, DH is 6'4", I weighed nearly 9lb at birth and my brother weighed nearly 10lb so the numbers make sense, they are just terrifying! Anyone else on for a bigg'n? Any advice?

Hooray for all the new babies! I love this thread (AND the sun is shining today!)

34+4

babygeek Sat 20-Apr-13 09:16:36

So exciting all these babies popping out. Big Congrats westie and berri!
I would love to hear everyone's birth stories, it's like a much more personalised OBEM, please share.

Yay for Elly getting to take your LO home and hopefully for you Maybe this weekend. I hope everything is going well for 10 and MooLL too.

Feeling a bit twingey here but still plenty of time to go I suspect. Every time I make a "owww" sound, I see a look of terror flicker across DPs face, it's pretty funny smile

Beaut, I hope the move is all complete now and you can start to relax. Hope everyone else is nice and settled for the next few weeks.

36+4

TerracottaPie Sat 20-Apr-13 10:45:25

Congratulations Berri!

Another here who loves hearing birth stories so whichever we do it I don't mind.

With the lastest arrivals it's really making me think I should get on and pack my hospital bag! Oh and maybe write the birth plan. Motivation is lacking somewhat!

Seasalt I'm heading for a whopper most likely. DS was last time so I think because I know I can do it I'm not worried about it too much. Positioning of the baby is so much more important IMO than size. DS was back to back and that led to some problems during my labour with him but he flipped round at the last minute and pushing him out was the easy bit. So don't worry! Plus big babies are extra squidgey grin

37+4

Berri Congratulations she is gorgeous and another lovely name.

Babygeek Yes all moved now just got to find a home for eveything and help DP put up some furniture.

Anyone else running out of things to wear? As its warm here today I went to buy a maxi dress as have mostly winter maternity clothes. I about cried in the fitting room at the size of my bump, thighs and backside sad

Bunnychan Sat 20-Apr-13 16:35:11

beaut yes I am- even out of my maternity clothes; half of them don't fit comfortably anymore.

I was just asked by a checkout lady how much longer I have left and I just stared at her for a while wondering what she meant before I realised. As if, with all the aches and pains and the size of my belly, I could forget I was pregnant lol x

WestieMamma Sat 20-Apr-13 16:38:31

Congratulations Berri flowers

Boodstress, yes I was completely traumatised by the speed of it and the terror of being home alone thinking nobody would get here in time. By the time we reached the hospital my whole body was shaking and I still can't believe it's really happened.

There were no prior warning signs. Boom and off it went shock.

With my first it was about 4 hours from when I thought I was in labour to delivery, although afterwards I think it was more like 16 hours.

I think it might be in the genes though. I was my mum's second and apparently I popped out after just 15 minutes.

Bunny I give people a glare if they ask me how much longer. I stupidly get into my head 'how dare you ask I might just be overweight'. Don't know why I think this must be the pregnancy rage.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now