Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Pregnant 30 weeks: Not a big bump ?

(8 Posts)
Saku Mon 22-Apr-13 19:41:36

Thanks to all of you for all your responses.. smile hi DrSeuss yes I think my DS is curled like banana.. I went to midwife today .. she told baby is right hand side and curled... think u r ryt..
hi beckie90 .. hmm.. already my bump is small and I also do feel as you said that some days my belly goes more inside.. today also my midwife was saying that bump is small and she referred me for one more growth scan on 33 weeks.. I am hoping for the best.... wink fingers crossed..

Congratulations!!! to all ... we will make it.. wine

beckie90 Sun 21-Apr-13 10:46:33

I was 35wks before I even got a noticable bump with ds2, I'm 5ft 6 and was size 6-8, never moved out of that size whilst preg with him (until my current preg that is lol) I wasn't big when I gave birth too, and he was born weighing a quite suprising 9ib, it doesn't mean that there's anything wrong just because the bump is small/large, it could just be how you carry, my first I was tiny too but showed earlier then it just seemed to stop growing so by 42wk I was really small. This time I'm 24+1 I've put on weight around my body but bump is not huge, some days it bloats big but always goes back down. I think its just how I carry. It also could be how your babys laid, or your tummy muscles. Please don't worry smile

I'm 26 weeks and don't have a bump yet apart from a teeny thing while lying down.

I've lost a stone since becoming pregnant as well and they aren't worrying too much about me, my uterus is the right size and this is my second baby.

DrSeuss Thu 18-Apr-13 17:02:39

Also, the way the baby is lying can make a difference. DS lay like a banana, making a smallish bump, DD curled up in a ball, giving me a sticky out bump. A friend who is very tall is 8 mths and barely shows, another didn't look pregnant from the back at all, despite looking like a guided missile from the side!

badguider Thu 18-Apr-13 15:05:17

Your bump will have been measured by your MW and if they were worried they'd have sent you for a scan.
My friend had this recently, scan showed perfectly average little girl in there just held in tight and not sticking out. Born totally healthy.

Saku Thu 18-Apr-13 15:03:31

Thank you DrSeuss!! This is my first preg .. not knowing what to expect.. sad

I appreciate your response but I am still concerned and wandering .. do we (me and my midwife) missing out something OR something getting ignored.. which i should care about... confused may be anyone will point out... confused

DrSeuss Thu 18-Apr-13 13:43:33

Some are big, some small. If your midwife is ok with your results, it will be fine. Congratulations!

Saku Thu 18-Apr-13 13:15:43

Is there any problem? I saw other pregnant ladies at ante natal clinic they have massive bumps even with 25 weeks envy . I am 30 weeks having boy; first pregnancy due in June end; my height 5'5'' but a small bump blush. I am veggi but eat varieties. 1/3 of my food are fruits and salads.

My normal cloths and jeans fit me confused .I am a thalassemia carrier so my hemoglobin normally be around 9. My pregnancy reports are normal except last blood report which say low iron. Therefore midwife gave me iron supplements now.

I saw my bump growing very fast from 13 to 22 weeks but after that as it stopped and is not growing noticeable. Even midwife also felt so and referred a growth scan. Scan says growth is normal then why and how I am having so small bump than others.. is this normal? confused
Am I alone feeling this out there................?? hmm

TIA thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now