Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

June 2013 - thread 6 - will this thread see any early arrivals?

(1000 Posts)
AlohaMama Thu 18-Apr-13 05:44:57

Welcome back all June-ers, just realised we were about to run out of space on the old thread.

Oli congratulations on having a date grin and that's what I had to do last time with DS - section booked for 36 weeks exactly, waters went at 31+2 (which I didn't realise to begin with blush) so went in and they did an EMCS as soon as they could - he got upgraded from urgent c/s to emergency c/s because they scanned and discovered he was foot breech.

I'm really struggling with SPD today, can barely move and it's really frustrating me how little I can actually do around the house - I have to plan basically one job per day, else it's agony. And sleeping is not really happening, every time I move it wakes me up sad am going to have to ask for better painkillers at my next appointment I think...

SunnyL Fri 19-Apr-13 12:43:17

Had a midwifes appointment this morning. Baby was not cooperating with them trying to work out which way round it was. Originally they thought it was breech but when they got the doppler out they decided baby has a bony butt and it is actually head down.

All reading perfectly normal which is lovely.

Great to hear you all have dates. Personally I'm planning on a large sneeze around the 6th June to get mine out. Far more preferable than all this labour nonsense. Perhaps if I don't do my pelvic floors it will come out easier???

Sarah2506 Fri 19-Apr-13 14:58:45

oli have you got to go back before for some sort of pre op assessment? I haven't had anything through as yet. I have lots of questions which haven't been answered as yet- eg what time to come in for, chances of it actually being done that day, when you have to stop eating and drinking etc. what I don't understand is quite how it works if labour starts and I've just had a big meal! I too would have to have a semi emergency section. There is no medical reason why I can't labour I just can't deliver without major issues, so they could leave me for ages. Though I hope to avoid it! Just wonder when someone actually tells you this stuff!

Sarah2506 Fri 19-Apr-13 15:00:08

Oh and sunny have you seen what to expect when you are expecting- the film? Is hilarious and the sneezing isn't so far from the truth in one of the stories. Good film for mat leave for all of you I reckon:-)

redwellybluewelly Fri 19-Apr-13 15:11:10

What maternity leave?!

I am dreading the next five weeks, although I only have another 17 days in the office. Baby will come less than a fortnight after I finish.

I have so much to do! <sobs rocking in a corner>

learnermummy Fri 19-Apr-13 15:52:29

Right have finally had enough of my uncomfortable, constantly falling down jeans! What can I live in now given that I don't really fancy doing the school run in leggings or yoga pants?! Please help!

Sarah I had to wait for 19 hours after my waters breaking before actually getting a section - fortunately I wasn't getting contractions for (most of) that time. If I'd started contractions they would have whipped me in straight away. Annoyingly, I only had to wait that long because the consultant turned up just as I was eating a single slice of toast!

If you are progressing and booked for a section they will treat it as an emergency - ops do take place when people have just eaten, they just don't like doing them because of the higher risks.

My pre-op appt was given the same day I was booked in for a section, it's the week before the section and they only do the appts on a particular day at my hospital.

SunnyL Fri 19-Apr-13 16:21:19

Leaner - a friend suggested egg-cup trousers (her name - not sure the shops call them that). She says they were totally unsexy but prevented the wiggle hoist that under the bump trousers need.

Personally I'm finding the skinny jeans under bump from New Look are really comfy. Far better than the more expensive GAP jeans I've got. Otherwise I'm spending a lot of my time in dresses but then I do that normally/

learnermummy Fri 19-Apr-13 16:30:51

Thanks Sunny think I need to shop for dresses and skirts but I don't have the best legs! Can we spray tan when preggers?

Olimoss Fri 19-Apr-13 16:36:27

Still in bloody hospital after high blood pressure reading and dodgy blood test results and now protein in pee - waiting to see Dr now...

Sarah - the Ob told me all that stuff when I met with her this morning, when I get home will type out everything she told me, iPad and iPhone batteries nearly dead so need to conserve.

Chat soon!

Steffanoid Fri 19-Apr-13 16:45:14

I have fat girl trousers that are doing my head in from evans, am currently wearing a size 26, and other than that I'm wearing leggings or pj bottoms if I don't have to leave the house, maybe a dress with leggings so then it's not so bad smile

learnermummy Fri 19-Apr-13 16:49:51

Sorry to hear that Oli hope you're ok.

Good idea steffanoid will spend the evening online shopping!

MrsBri Fri 19-Apr-13 16:54:32

Sunny, I've stopped wearing those New Look jeans as I find them really uncomfortable and baby hates them too!

I'm wearing leggings with a dress or long top, or if I'm not going anywhere a shorter top, which DH calls my sex suit. As if!

So exciting to get a date for baby's arrival. :-)

Oh, my midwife friend said that perineal massage isn't required, just a nice slow controlled birth. She had a lady with a back to back today who didn't tear because she was relaxed and breathed through the birth. That's my kind of birth!

MrsBri Fri 19-Apr-13 17:10:51

Oh no, Oli...hope you get to escape soon.

redwellybluewelly Fri 19-Apr-13 18:15:23

Trouble is when your body delivers baby faster than breathing can keep up! Or when you have an assisted delivery whoch wuth the best will in the world you don't get a huge amount of choice over!

I can't find any dresses, I can't wear my bloody jeans, £60 down the drain and one pair only worn once <sob> so I'm desperate to find nice dresses

Nursery worker tild me I was "huge" today, yeah thanks hmm

redwellybluewelly Fri 19-Apr-13 18:19:56

Oli missed your post, hope you escape soon, have you got a bag packed?

massagegirl Fri 19-Apr-13 18:51:16

Red I hear you on the huge... Woman in boots asked if I was having twins.... Erm NO I AM NOT!

DontmindifIdo Fri 19-Apr-13 18:55:37

Oli - hope you get home soon! (Has your IL issues sorted out?)

I'm feeling huge today. Continued my batch cooking this morning. I've had enough now, if that all runs out, we're doing takeaways.

MrsBri Fri 19-Apr-13 18:57:06

Well, I'm willing to trust someone who's a professional with their advice. :-)

People ask me if I've got 2 inside too. Hmmm!

And the woman serving me in Next just told me I'm having a boy! As did the wife of one of DH's friend. That does seem to be the overwhelming opinion!

Sarah2506 Fri 19-Apr-13 19:04:39

Had positive email exchange with colleague re various views on childbirth, early weeks etc. forwarded to DH. He said he read it and found it interesting. Questioned him on it when at home. He fudged for a bit. Then admitted he lied and hadn't read it. I've sent him to the spare room with no chips until he apologises and has thought about what he has done. It occurs to me this may be unreasonable. Though I can hear call of duty being played so maybe not. Am I mean?!

Oli hope your on your way home.
I've been told all week I look huge by customers and colleagues. They all look surprised when I tell them I have a potential 11 more weeks if I go to 40+2!! Not sure any of my mat clothes will fit, never mind jeans!!
On a positive note only 2 weeks of work left!!!

Sarah I would have made him sit out in the cold!!!

Steffanoid Fri 19-Apr-13 19:35:52

Someone in the co-op pointed at my belly and went how many are in there?i still retain that the only reason she knew I was pregnant was cause of the pregnancy magazine I bought, OH thinks she must have known anyway, I'm not so sure

learnermummy Fri 19-Apr-13 19:48:55

Anyone seen any cropped maternity leggings?

AmIGoingMad Fri 19-Apr-13 20:00:18

Haven't caught up on days posts yet but learner- I've worn some I bought on asos for first time today and they're awesome! Really brilliant! Have some from new look that I haven't tried yet- will let you know when I do!

This thread is not accepting new messages.