Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

July 2013 - thread 7 - and we're still talking as we enter the 3rd trimester

(992 Posts)
Persuasion Mon 15-Apr-13 16:36:47

We've managed to fill yet another thread, so here is a new one to keep chatting away on...

And the stats list is here

BB01 Mon 27-May-13 18:14:27

Just catching up but Sunday think I just bought same Primark top as you! It's basically a granny nightie but I figured still better than a hospital gown! In fact was so comfy I bought two along with a big black towel, black granny pants and black pyjama bottoms!

Abzs Mon 27-May-13 19:33:02

Looks we're all going to be kitted out in the same Primark attire. I have the big black granny pants and black pj bottoms, and when I go back for the top will probably get a towel as well.

I spent yesterday morning rooting through my wardrobe working out what still fits. Turns out I don't need to go shopping after all. Except for nursing bras, but I'm hoping to make it into a 34C by the end so might I have some sort of choice unlike if I stay an A/B...

dinkystinky Mon 27-May-13 20:31:39

Hello all from sunnyish Dorset. Hope the itching has stopped now Princessllama and really hope you are OK and have had some reassurance Notprincesskate. Abzs - leave nursing bra shopping as late as poss - ideally 38 weeks or so. Bet you will hit a c cup. Mrsmillions - v exciting re the car (what you getting?) And sounds like you had a lovely break. Have had a fun couple of days with the boys, hitting the coast and Monkey World (where the highlight for ds2 was seeing a lemur pee on a sign - its not just your dd Totally!) today. Looks like torrential rain tomorrow so will be making the most of the hotels facilities - and getting our massages in!

esme80 Mon 27-May-13 21:30:56

Just catching up on the thread, hope everyone is well! Oh and hope the itching has stopped princess so you get some sleep, and turns out to be nothing too serious...
Dinky enjoy your holiday! I just gotback from a weekend in dorset actually.
I have been having BHs for a while, but this weekend it started to get intense, a bit scary! Friday night I had several irregular but quite painful contractions, then nothing saturday daytime bit then came back both saturday and sunday night. Today have gone back to loads of BHs and a lot of cervical pressure/pain. Had 34 wk midwife appointment last week and all was well, and have consultant on friday. Baby is in good position now, was head down but back to back for a while, so thats good! Now she just needs to stay there!

photographerlady Tue 28-May-13 07:13:33

Morning everyone. Last week of work dances. You have no idea how ready I am to have this last commute to London over and done with. The three hour commute isn't bad but my legs, cankles and feet are so puffy from all the long periods of sitting down.

We went to Bournemouth beach yesterday and the sun, walking and napping made me feel the best I've felt so far this pregnancy.

NCT classes are starting to pick up with useful information finally. They are still pushing home birth and anti hospital so still a little on the fence. I wouldn't mind a home birth but the hospital is only down the street and we have had such a good experience with the day assessment and the short time we were in labour ward. Have another month to mill it over.

cheekbyjowl Tue 28-May-13 09:10:06

Morning. The beach sounds wonderful photographer. Glad the end is in sight with work. Are you having a sendoff? I still have 6 weeks of work left sad

Any more babies arrived from the facebook july crowd.?ask them to pop on here so we know how they are doing.

After 7 months of searching we're putting in a final offer on a house today. praying that we get it so we can be near family. But if we don't trusting that God Wants us to serve in london instead and we'll work out affordable childcare

notprincesskate Tue 28-May-13 09:42:44

No protein today grin

esme80 Tue 28-May-13 10:13:11

Thats great Notprincess!

dinkystinky Tue 28-May-13 10:24:08

Yay for no protein Notprincesskate - must be such a relief.

Good luck with house offer Cheek - fingers crossed you get it.

Could someone start the new thread and link with Cheeks inspired title? Would do but am on phone (before heading out to the rain!) And a FAFF to link.

Great news, notprincesskate. You must be very relieved.

mysterymeg Tue 28-May-13 12:09:21

Yay for the no protein notprincesskate

I'm surprised about the not class photographer mine was really good - didn't feel like we were being lead any way in particular. She just gave us the facts. I guess it depends on the person taking the course - sounds like yours has a bit of an agenda!

Does anyone know anything about cat nets?

33 + 4

photographerlady Tue 28-May-13 12:35:08

notprincesskate good to hear!

mystery its not too bad just was a very very slow start, we have lots of team things to do but tbh I want more of the hard facts.. its picking up now though.

IcingTheCake Tue 28-May-13 13:18:01

Great news notprincess
Im also in dorset on holiday! Its pouring down today sad bit of shopping and maybe a swim will be good though, were having lunch in a lovely cafe in highcliffe smile hope everyone is okay!

32+3

BadMissM Tue 28-May-13 13:58:33

I live by the sea....five minutes walk from the beach....but the weather has been seriously variable the last few days! Saturday was gorgeous, and we went up into the edge of the Lakes...Sunday not bad, but waiting for a friend to come over (who didn't come, grr). Yesterday did a canal cruise, but it tipped it down!

Just really tired, atm...

photographerlady Tue 28-May-13 14:14:09

does anyone know the ins and outs of mat leave? Back in March I requested my remaining holiday and mat leave. Months have gone by and still every time he says he will have it to me by Friday. Well in 3 days its another Friday, my last Friday before my leave is meant to start. Its verbally approved but I want a letter. Do I need this all in writing to start my annual leave and then hope he will "approve in writing" my mat leave next month while I am away. What's the best course of action so late in the game now?

Right here's the link http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/antenatal_clubs/1766435-Sloths-slugs-and-heffalump-bumps-july13

Fingers crossed it worked, am no pro!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now