Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

July 2013 - thread 7 - and we're still talking as we enter the 3rd trimester

(992 Posts)
Persuasion Mon 15-Apr-13 16:36:47

We've managed to fill yet another thread, so here is a new one to keep chatting away on...

And the stats list is here

AmaDablam Mon 15-Apr-13 20:38:37

Sorry, meant to say thanks Guavas for reposting about Shiv. Time for an early night I think!

bigbelly4 Mon 15-Apr-13 20:39:32

Iclaudius - really thinking of a landrover discovery, we had one before but sold it to buy mpv (citroen c8)when I had three under three and all in carseats rather than boosters. Which was fine and did us well. We then decided no more babies and got a vw passat estate and low and behold 1 year later decided actually we did want just one more!

I have mixed feelings about changing as I love my vw, but either I get a 7 seater or leave hubby at home or take 2 cars on family trips(sometimes leaving him at home is preferable -lol!)

orangebubbles Mon 15-Apr-13 21:00:25

Thanks Persuasion smile I can't believe we filled another thread already!!!

Shiv thinking of you and your little man xx

26+0

Thinkingof4 Mon 15-Apr-13 21:24:27

I'm getting most movements top right as well, bigger kicks here, and smaller squirmy kind of movements bottom left. I have seen a bit of correlation between movements in utero and how active baby/ toddler goes on to be. Ds3 was soooo active in the womb and has continued at a pace since he was born. We have a climbing frame in garden which he has been climbing up for months, and today his feet slipped, leaving him holding on by his hands. He managed to hold on until I ran across the garden to rescue him (basically like swinging from monkey bars) which must have been at least 20seconds, I was well impressed at how strong he is! As soon as I rescued him he was climbing back up again!
Anyway this baby seems a lot less active than he was, more like ds1 who is pretty chilled out so I'm hoping this is the case.

Thanks for the new thread btw persuasion. Ive been having lots of nosebleeds too strangely enough, has never happened in previous pregnancies, and its really annoying as it just comes on with no warning, leading to blood on pillows etc!
Still I'm glad I'm not the only one with this symptom

bigbelly we are thinking about changing dh's car to a discovery but might wait till the end of my maternity leave as that is the time when dh will need to be able to fit 4 in his car to do pick ups from childminder. I have a multimac carseat in my car already so we do have on car which we can fit everyone in meantime.
How did you like your discovery? Our neighbours have one and seem to love it but theirs is a lot newer than the ones we would be considering as we are going to be extra skint once I'm on mat leave

dinkystinky Mon 15-Apr-13 21:33:24

Dh's dream car is a discovery...DS1 quite taken with them too.

Thinking - your ds3 sounds like a true climber! Impressed at his upper body strength.

bigbelly4 Mon 15-Apr-13 21:53:51

I LOVED my old discovery, and tbh really didnt like the mpv, but it served its purpose! So a disco is def top of the list. We wont be getting a new one, probaby a discovery3 rather than 4.

dinkystinky Mon 15-Apr-13 22:06:05

Tom - have a lovely holiday in Spain. Notprincesskate - good luck for your growth scan tomorrow. MrsMillions - if you're planning to use a sling that maternity shaped spring coat will be good to use in the autumn too.

VinegarDrinker Mon 15-Apr-13 22:22:21

Thanks for keeping us updated on Oliver's progress, thoughts with him and his family. They are so tiny and fragile but can surprise everyone by being nothing short of miraculous in their progress. So everything crossed.

Nothing much to report here, had a nice weekend getting out in the sunshine. Borrowed a road bike off my neighbour for commuting the last few days as mine is being fixed, I love it but seems bump isn't so keen on being squashed!

28+6 today

notprincesskate Mon 15-Apr-13 22:31:13

Just dropping in quickly to say prayers and thoughts going to Oliver, Shiv and family tonight, keep fighting little man x

Just an update, I hardly catch up before it's off again! RE: weight gain, I've put on about a stone and starting to freak out about how much more I'm going to put on in 3 months. I was just over 10 stone before (but lost a few pounds in 1st trimester) and now 11. Ahk!

RE: movement I'm another that seems to feel it top right and bottom left - sometimes really far around, very confusing. Midwife said it was too early to tell position and they move around so much anyway at this point, but I'm really curious and want to know!

Dinky that's a good point about sling underneath maternity coat, didn't even cross my mind! Must remember that one smile

Cannot WAIT for maternity leave, I'm so sick of primary school politics and am much more sensitive to it while pregnant. It feels like I can do no right since getting pregnant, having been in the good books up til then. hmm

Anyway, 27 weeks tomorrow, that's something to smile about smile

cheekbyjowl Mon 15-Apr-13 23:31:50

Oliver - what a trooper. Keep getting stronger young man!
Over 6000 posts. Goodnight mums

BB01 Tue 16-Apr-13 08:03:16

Just marking my place and popping in to say I hope Oliver is doing well.

Sashabella0 Tue 16-Apr-13 08:56:21

Thinking of baby Oliver. X

dinkystinky Tue 16-Apr-13 09:35:08

Morning all. Thinking of Shiv, DH and Oliver and hoping you are all ok x

Guavas - so sorry to hear work is being painful - office/school politics are the pits! FWIW, it wont be personal and wont be anything to do with you or your pregnancy in reality - its just you're being used as an obvious scapegoat, probably because at 27 weeks you cant run and hide (that pesky sticky out bump!). Dont worry about weight gain - am well ahead of you there - and I was just under 11 stone to start with. I tend to put on 3 to 31/2 stone in pregnancy (all boobs and bump) and lose it while on maternity leave through walking everywhere, healthy eating and exercises. This time I fear I may break my record, but hey, what you gonna do about it apart from deal with it afterwards. Dont freak out - if you put on the weight, you put it on. Just eat healthily, live healthily, keep up some form of exercise and what will be, will be.

Vinegar - am chuckling at the idea of you on a road bike with a big bump bypassing all those dawdling commuter bumps and the riders on those bumps going shock

Am suddenly super tired here and getting breathless every so often - I suspect its a side effect of lazing on holiday and not doing any exercise other than a bit of walking so am going to have to rectify that starting today!

dinkystinky Tue 16-Apr-13 09:35:58

And I had a woman this morning walk up from behind me and tell me she guessed I was pregnant from my walk - its too early for the pregnant penguin waddle to start!

Abzs Tue 16-Apr-13 10:05:23

Having a day off sick today. Do not believe the nurse when she tells you the whooping cough vaccine doesn't usually have any effects. I'm tired, nauseous and my arm is sore. Make sure if you have it, it isn't in the arm you sleep on...

elliejjtiny Tue 16-Apr-13 10:10:29

Have posted on the fb group as well but still thinking of Shiv and Oliver, hope the morning has brought better news.

Gary congratulations on your pregnancy, lovely to hear when the ladies who have had to leave us are pregnant again.

re cars we are in the process of getting a vauxhall zafira. We are getting it from the motability scheme (DS2 is disabled) so they have to check DH's driving licence before the garage order the car.

re movements mostly getting kicks really low down and the odd headbutt in my ribs. I have loads of waters apparantly so Severus still has plenty of time to turn.

28+4

SundaySunshine Tue 16-Apr-13 10:40:16

Morning, I'm not on FB group, but if someone could pass on my thoughts and best wishes to Shiv, Mr Shiv, and little Oliver. Dh and I have been thinking about them all over the last few days, so we're sending hugs and positive vibes their way flowers
Thanks

dinkystinky Tue 16-Apr-13 10:47:12

Sunday - I think Shiv is still reading this thread - she just finds it hard to post on it from the hospital (but can FB quite easily) so she is picking up, and reading to her DH, your well wishes to her DH and Oliver. Those on FB have passed on that we're all rooting for Oliver too.

Gary - really hope your pregnancy is going well. Thanks to you and the other delurkers for posting on her with your messages of support to Shiv and family. The more love and support we can send them, the better.

Abzs - that doesnt sound like much fun at all! Keep your fluids up if you dont feel up to eating and try to sleep it off if possible.

SundaySunshine Tue 16-Apr-13 10:56:16

Thanks for the new thread smile

Re movements, I'm getting definate kicks under the ribs, squirmy hand wriggles really low down, head butts on my bladder, and general fidgety wriggles all over, especially when I'm eating and when I've gone to bed. Yesterday I had a comedy mini bump poking out just above my belly button which must have been a knee or foot! So cute smile

I am definately nesting, nothing (and no one) is safe from my manic tidying, luckily I have a lot of stuff to sort through grin I've found no less then seven boxes full of 'important paper' that DH has been hoarding in the conservatory!!! So abz you're not the only one whose DH has a paper thing going on.

SundaySunshine Tue 16-Apr-13 11:03:04

gary congrats on your pregnancy, glad to hear you managed to get straight back on the preggars bus.

Thanks Dinky I'll just keep sending Shiv well wishes from here then.

Cheeseandbread Tue 16-Apr-13 11:43:03

Dinky I like the sound of your penguin waddle smile sorry you have been feeling so worn out lately. I hope the exercise helps- I'm very impressed! I walk a lot but nothing more...

Guava I know what you mean about school politics... Fingers crossed the last few weeks are brighter and more positive. I have also put on over a stone already. I'm planning on breast feeding and have heard that helps with weight loss later. Like Dinky I'm trying not to worry about it.

Abzs sorry the injection had bad side effects for you. Hope you are resting well.

I am ill at home today too as feeling sicky all last night and was sick this morning. I got no sleep. I haven't been sick with the pregnancy until now but think it must be pregnancy related. The cat is keeping me company in bed.

Gary I'm glad you are back on the pregnancy bus too.

Still keeping Shiv Mr Shiv and Oliver in my thoughts.

26+3

Gingerpanther27 Tue 16-Apr-13 12:11:10

hope shiv, mr shiv and oliver are doing ok xxx

Grannyapple Tue 16-Apr-13 13:08:20

Hi ladies...went to docs this morning to rule out UTI for the pains over the w/e..& yesterday. No apparent UTI but apparently a small
amount of glucose in my wee....so now got to have GTT tomorrow morning...grr. Everything else was fine so I think doc is just being over cautious tbh....I think some docs get frightened when dealing with pregnant ladies grin.

So for those that have had theirs already-all hints/tips appreciated smile.

dinkystinky Tue 16-Apr-13 13:38:34

Granny - dont eat anything before your GTT - just drink water. Down the horrible sugar drink within 5 minutes and make a record of when you finish it - you then have to hunt out the phlebologist at the right time to take your bloods (for me it was an hour later). Take a good book to read - if you'll have DD with you take lots of snacks/toys for her to play with otherwise she'll get v bored. Take some food to eat once the test is done (the earlier you can get it done the better) or you'll be starving and grumpy. Other than that, nothing else you need to know.

Cheese - hope you feel better soon. There are still some horrid bugs dooing the rounds. Exercise did seem to help - just some pilates but feel abit less leaden after it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now