Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

July 2013 - thread 7 - and we're still talking as we enter the 3rd trimester

(992 Posts)
Persuasion Mon 15-Apr-13 16:36:47

We've managed to fill yet another thread, so here is a new one to keep chatting away on...

And the stats list is here

Cutandstick Sat 20-Apr-13 08:27:06

Make it a lump not a bruised feeling! Presuming its a gland! Was due to be waxed there this morning, glad I discovered it first because that would have HURT! blush

photographerlady Sat 20-Apr-13 08:34:49

Morning ladies. Off to a nearly new sale today to face my fear of women and shopping.

Twinklestarstwinklestars Sat 20-Apr-13 08:44:27

I recommend bravissimo too, I always measure at 36 back but they don't fit and she saw that as soon as I tried one on. I live 1.5 hours from one so was pleased I had to go to a hospital app there! That was 8 weeks ago though and its now getting a but small.

I keep my notes in my car (I work from home though) but I've been having at least one app a week and have to go in the car as live rurally so at least I don't forget, I'm high risk for various reasons though so just keep them with me in case.

dinkystinky Sat 20-Apr-13 09:11:08

Cut - could be an infected hair follicle. I had one in early pregnancy and had to get antibiotic cream from gp to sort it out - go get checked out esp if painful.

Icing, Ama - I only ever use bravissimo or rigby + peller (when i am done with bfing) to get measured - they are brilliant with checking fit and also lift/shape under clothes. Icing - there's a few in central London and you can book in advance for appointments - so if you're planning a day in London at some point may be worth checking out. They can also do phone consultations - not too sure how that would work though..

Enjoy nabbing your bargains Photographer lady.

Debenhams are quite good for bra sizing too. Only Bravissimo and Debenhams size me correctly (30HH).

New Look are selling Hot Milk maternity bras and House of Fraser are selling lovely Elle Macpherson maternity bras as well.

Btw, I still don't have a bump!

Wondering if I should start taking bets on how long it will take to appear. confused

It's not as if I am very big either, I'm a New Look size 8-10, don't know what I am elsewhere.

Devilforasideboard Sat 20-Apr-13 10:23:47

Thanks for the kind words ladies, much appreciated! Had a very lazy day yesterday and feel much better for it.

Good luck Photographer even DH found the nearly new sale we went to wasn't too bad at all. I think the key is to go in with a plan and stick to it (although we did end up with a huge Winnie The Pooh teddy which definitely wasn't in the plan smile

elliejjtiny Sat 20-Apr-13 12:25:26

shiv glad Oliver enjoyed his breastmilk, he must have looked so cute with his toe curling.

schro good luck with the driving test

photographer good luck with the nearly new sale. I've never been to one but done the next sale which can be fairly brutal.

re being organised I'm not at all, still got the boring stuff to buy, like nappies, maternity pads etc for the hospital bag. I like the idea of having a just in case bag with extra bits for a longer stay in hospital. Does anyone know what a full term baby in scbu would need? The midwife has told me that if Severus needs to stay in, he/she will probably be in scbu for monitoring. I've asked that if I'm fine but he/she needs to stay on a ward I'd rather be on the children's ward than postnatal. Midwife wasn't sure but she'd look into it. The baby ward at our hospital is a lot nicer than the postnatal ward and has open visiting so DH and the DC's can come when they like. Haven't been carrying my notes around either, oops.

re bras I've always just got DH to measure me, less embarrassing and gives him a bit of excitement grin. Poor man doesn't get much of that these days, it must be difficult to get turned on when your wife has to stop and throw up in the middle of sex!

re panicking about another baby definately! Especially at bedtime when I'm trying to listen to reading books while the one of the older 2 who isn't reading keeps interrupting and DS3 gets out of bed for the 30th time and I have to chase him across the landing before he reaches the bathroom and throws water over himself, chucks a bath toy down the loo or plays with the toilet brush.

Had my midwife appointment yesterday. + of leukocites (can't spell it) in my wee but could be because I had to use an old lush shower jelly pot as I couldn't find my normal wee pot. Midwife told me to phone antenatal ward immediately if I have suspicions that my waters may have broken. Judging by the amount of fluid measured at the scan last week I will be in no doubt when my waters break and will need to issue a flood warning! All blood results came back normal.

I've got a child free and DH free day today which I planned on spending giving the house a really good clean and hopefully finding the dvd player remote at the same time (I think ds3 has hidden it which means it could be anywhere). So far I've spent the morning catching up on mn and eating hulahoops blush. Oh well, there's still the afternoon.

Cutandstick Sat 20-Apr-13 12:46:23

Thanks dinky, but too big for hair follicle - apparently either a hernia or varicose vein. It had disappeared by the time I saw him, but has come back since - felt it pop out. Anyways, got to phone antenatal ward or go to a and e if it stays out / hurts. I suspect being on my feet / knees at work all week hasn't helped - but who am I to say! smile

Twinklestarstwinklestars Sat 20-Apr-13 12:46:34

Ellie when my ds was in scbu they provided milk but I was going to breast feed then panicked when he was so tiny (born at 38 weeks) so if you know you're bottle feeding you may need to take milk, I had to take everything else like you would normally like nappies etc. he was only in there for about 36 hours.

Schro - no bump yet??? You must have great abdominal muscles holding everything in! I feel like I've swallowed a fit ball.

Thinkingof4 Sat 20-Apr-13 13:53:23

Ellie when ds1 was in scbu he just wore a nappy so no clothes required. He wasn't well enough to feed from me initially and they provided pump for me to express till he could feed himself. They provided nappies too, so I didn't need anything for him. I got single room on postnatal ward so I didn't need to look at all the mums who had their new babies with them. It meant I was on hand when he was well enough to feed, they would just phone ward and I'd go down to him straight away (overnight for example). He was term plus 13 so quite a bruiser compared to all the other wee toots
Enjoy your child free day envy

photographer enjoy the sale but don't go crazy buying stuff

dinky hope ds is a bit better today, And totally hope dd is picking up with the antibiotics

We had a morning out today, I had haircut first then met dh with the boys and went down the beach as the sun was trying to shine. However after about 20 min they were all whining about it being too cold hmm so we went for early lunch at cafe
Yum and no cooking hurray! Hope the sun is shining smile

schro i bet itll just appear overnight! Haha suddenly youll just be huge wink

ellie ahh hopefully its just because you used the pot!

cutandstick ooh are you going back to get it checked then? Hope all is well x

I was having a really good day today until i punctured a tyre on my car, really frustrating as there was nothing to puncture it on! Nowhere near any curbs etc just going round a car park and the car juddered and stalled, theyll probably find a fat spike in it or something sad theres a bit more money gone!
Hope youre all enjoying the sunshine (if its as sunny where you are as it is here)

SlouchingPanda Sat 20-Apr-13 15:47:55

Today is a momentous day <fanfare>

I finally bought some stuff for the baby! grin Managed to pick up some stuff at a garage sale round the corner and for the bargain price of £16 got:

Moses basket/carrycot stand
Bundle of 10 muslins
Manual avent breast pump
2 x cotton blankets
4 x fitted sheets for carrycot

So overall I'm feeling quite pleased with my haul. Plus, it's a gorgeous day here so I'm going to sit in the garden with my laptop, reading scientific papers .

Hope you are all enjoying sunshine too! Photographer how was the sale? And CutAndStick hope the case of the mysterious disappearing lump is solved soon. Schro - I am sure when we are all the size of a house we will long for the 'no bump' times, so enjoy!

28+2

photographerlady Sat 20-Apr-13 16:23:24

Back from nearly new. Firstly was nice to meet so many ladies. The town I used to live in was mainly bankers (sorry if you or your DP is a banker) and weren't the most friendly folk. I picked up four grow bags, pretty much ranging from 0-18 months. All in nice condition £1.50 each. Then 6 bumgenius pocket nappies aio barely used for £12 which I thought was a mega bargain seeing they are birth to potty and a soft outer material. And then DH picked out like 10 outfits all under a year. Shameful I know cause we have so many clothes but he has this hidden natural talent for cute girl outfits, all barely worn.

The queue for nonmembers was HUGE at 10am, so glad we had a membership. DH ended up loving it which I have teased him about the rest the day.

AmaDablam Sat 20-Apr-13 18:34:41

Congratulations slouching and photographer on your hauls. I have just come home from a friend's house with 5 cellular blankets, 5 hooded towels, a shawl and a crib/carrycot sheet that she no longer has need of. A great day for 2nd hand baby gear bargains (or in my case a generous gift) smile

dinkystinky Sat 20-Apr-13 19:01:35

Ouch Cut - hope it gets sorted soon! The infected hair follicle produced a lump that was the size of a golf ball - I was amazed.

Glad you met some nice people today and got a good haul Photographer. And yay for your garage sale haul slouching.

What a pain re the puncture Icing - I hate it when stuff like that happens.

Isn't it lovely finally having some sunshine? V jealous of your trip to the beach Thinking (even if it was cut short).

Totally I've had physio weekly to do core exercises since DS was born because of my joints so it might actually be that hiding it?

Icing That's what I am scared of! Waking up one morning the size of a house!

Ellie DS was in SCBU for monitoring for a couple of nights. All we needed for him was vests, babygrows and we were allowed to put a blanket on him that we wanted to as well. But our hospital provides nappies and formula to everyone. I left expressed milk but if you were staying in the hospital or not BFing I guess you wouldn't need to?

Slouching and Photographer Glad the baby sales went well, they're a lot of fun, I think. smile

shelley72 Sat 20-Apr-13 19:19:50

photographer - what you need to do next time is volunteer, that wy you get first pick of all the stuff AND you get a yummy breakfast too! i wandered down (DCs swim on a sat morning) but it looked packed!

had bad day / night - ended up being monitored on labour ward last night for half hour, all ok so came home. tonight i have spotting sad. not bright red so they are not overly concerned but i have to phone again later if anything changes. baby has been moving today though so im hoping its just because i didnt rest like they told me too.

worried doesn't even begin to cover it...

so im having a night of trashy tv with feet up, writing a list for my hospital bag. going to get it done soon i think. glad others are having a better day smile

photographerlady Sat 20-Apr-13 19:34:09

shelly I was going to say hey look for me I'm the pregnant woman... but seems like its a popular time to be pregnant. Well I guess it was a NCT gathering I don't know why I was expecting not to be. Next ones November I think I will volunteer seems super organised.

shelley - take it easy. I hope everything settles and it was just a one off.

We were planning to go to a nearly new sale today, but DD was definitely not up for it, even though she's much better today than she had been during the week. Probably just as well, I don't think we really need anything for a while and we have a house move coming up so need to de-clutter!

photographerlady Sat 20-Apr-13 20:00:26

shelly hope rest helps and you are feeling better soon (hug)

dinkystinky Sat 20-Apr-13 20:45:38

Shelley - sounds like a scary 24 hours. Definitely take it easy and rest up, keep your fluids up and watch something to distract you. Hoping all continues to be OK.

Totally - glad dd is starting to feel better.

VinegarDrinker Sat 20-Apr-13 21:09:19

Slightly jealous of all those buying baby gear. All I have to get is a buggy board (not immediately as will most likely sling for first 6m at least), and possibly a second hand bedside cot/cheap Ikea cot (although we will prob evict DS from his). I think I even have a packet of maternity pads left from last time!

shelley hope everything settles down nicely for another good few weeks at least

Had an uncomfortable afternoon with lots of painful BHs and some nasty nausea, but it seems to be settling. DH pointed out I'd hardly drunk anything all day so hopefully just that.

29+4 ... eek, nearly at the 3/4 of the way stage!

VinegarDrinker Sat 20-Apr-13 21:10:27

Oh and we will need some size 1 disposables for hospital... But that's about it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now