Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

November 2013- thread 5 of 100,000 ��

(1000 Posts)
honey86 Sat 13-Apr-13 10:15:02

started yet another grin as im aware were about 20 posts from full again lol!

Saundy Sun 14-Apr-13 12:38:13

Thanks River

I'm embarrassed to say I can't think of a single social interaction with my friends that hasn't involved alcohol!! That's what happens when you stay in your university city.

I've been such an arse about insisting DP doesn't tell people that it'd be beyond cheeky for me to tell her haha. That's the only reason why not really.

Saundy Sun 14-Apr-13 12:39:41

Dizzy who knew that'd be the site to find comfort!

Dizzy81 Sun 14-Apr-13 12:54:08

Exactly Saundy. I'm trying not to google stuff relating to this sort of thing as I'd drive myself mad!

littlemonkey2013 Sun 14-Apr-13 13:00:35

wow i cant believe that this 5th thread has 78 post already. i was still reading the old one.

welcome new people and hope everyone feels better if they have been spotting or throwing up.

wow on buying a car seat already. i was tempted with a moses basket last week it had quite a big discount, was neutral and sooooo cute. but then i reasoned that theres bound to be loads more cute ones and it might be even cuter in a gender specific colour so i didnt buy it. dont know when i will start shopping. i think if i start early i will end up with too much. thinking summer car boot sales might be a good option.

im having a day where nothing smells right and i dont fancy anything to eat. i feel like if i decide i want something and set about making it, i will have gone off the idea before its made

BangOn Sun 14-Apr-13 13:15:52

goodness me - thread 5 & i'm still only 8 + 5 in to this pregnancy! i'm only managing about two posts per thread. oh well!

i've really started feeling rough these past few days. i was the same with dds 1 &2 - not much nausea-wise until 8 weeks, so probably another little girl, i imagine. i don't mind - i'm one of 3 girls (plus my brother!) & my mum's the same. so would have a nice tradition about it.

mycatlikestwiglets Sun 14-Apr-13 13:51:17

Marking my place on new thread.

Glad to hear some people are coming out the other side of sickness/nausea. Am 11+5 now and really fed up of constantly feeling sick! I have a proper bump now too so am looking forward finally to telling work this week so I can get out my maternity clothes instead of trying to hide it. Someone guessed last week so not sure my efforts are working!

Anyone else with a obvious bump? I was in mat clothes at 9 weeks with DS so figure I've done well to get ths far this time.

Lozcat86 Sun 14-Apr-13 14:04:32

ive got a 'bumpy' type area, which gets bigger as the day goes on. Yesterday i actually managed to eat a whole meal that id cooked. impressive when ive been living off toast and snacky things for the last few weeks... wink

BangOn Sun 14-Apr-13 14:36:40

i just look generally pregnant as my stomach muscles never really recovered from dd2.

I just look like I've put on a few pounds rather than being pregnant - hate that! Tho if I get a bump I'll probably be wishing I didn't lol!

SuffolkNWhat Sun 14-Apr-13 15:06:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Dizzy81 Sun 14-Apr-13 15:54:05

I weighed myself earlier and have put on 2lbs, my jeans dont do up, my waist has got thicker and I've ditched the jeans for leggings!

My dh says the bump is noticeable, and when I crouched down i certainly felt a bump.

theboob Sun 14-Apr-13 16:18:31

I have a bump already and it's very obvious . So much so we have had to announce it , most people who have seen me knew , but its to be expexted with 2 in there !

honey86 Sun 14-Apr-13 16:20:53

mines more like flubber than bump blushsad but when i lay down flat i can feel the weight of my uterus xx

suprisepitstop Sun 14-Apr-13 16:44:42

I just feel really bloated and like I can't pull my stomach in, and I just look chunky, which I am hating, I never have a waist at the best of times! It's all so unglamorous, sitting around with your jeans straining round your girth, drinking soda water.

harverina Sun 14-Apr-13 17:14:42

Honey I feel the same! I def don't look pregnant - my fat tummy is concealing the pregnancy but my tummy is getting bigger and I can also feel the weight of my uterus when I lie down too.

Only 20 days until I exit trimester 1 and the sickness disappears!!! wink Have my sickness bands on today - they do help a little I think but nausea is still there. I am making a roast dinner for dm coming and not sure i will manage to eat a thing - cab quite easily eat in the mornings but when it comes to dinner it's a real struggle.

Welcome to anyone new that I may have missed grin

EcoHippyMum Sun 14-Apr-13 17:15:08

I am exactly the same about the scan, although I have mine at 11w4 days... But I have to be sensible, if there was no more baby then surely I wouldn't be 'growing'. But the spotting does worry me... it's nothing major but it does happen most days like a lightish brown.

DH this morning was saying to me, 'you are really showing already' whilst stroking the bump and was worried if it was normal. But the midwife assured me it's normal for a fourth. She said as a general rule of thumb you show earlier each pregnancy....long gone are the days of my very muscular stomach that held DD 1 & 2 in till I was about 7 months... I looked 9 months gone at 5months with DD3!! Also my breasts are getting enormous this time around...

I envy you Honey that you can be that aware of it, I can't even find the height of the fundus, never have been able to either! I think part of it is also me being scared I might 'hurt' the baby or do something bad by poking around too hard.

harverina Sun 14-Apr-13 17:15:56

I love getting to the stage where I look pregnant instead of just chubby gringrin

EcoHippyMum Sun 14-Apr-13 17:21:05

Harvarina I have some over the bump (H&M) and under the bump jeans, boot cut (New Look)... the under the bump ones fit better but aren't exactly 'under the bump' at the moment. I think the reason they fit better is that they have a bit more elastic in the waist.

EcoHippyMum Sun 14-Apr-13 17:22:34

lol the worst is when you've just had the baby and still have a bit of a bump going on (it's more noticeable I think with subsequent babies) and someone comes up to you and says 'So when are you going to drop?'.....
Always one!

Ariel21 Sun 14-Apr-13 18:23:51

I'm not sure whether it's just bloating, but my tummy is huge today! Usually quite flat (it's the thinnest part of me) but today it's like a balloon. Also boobs are bursting out of my biggest bras. Excellent! But think I'm only 7+4 so what's going on!? Still brown spotting here, wondering whether to call doc's tomorrow or wait until my appointment on Thurs? I have no pain (except for constipation and the odd twinge).

WorriedMouse Sun 14-Apr-13 18:39:50

Had a bad day here. No more spotting but I've cried all day. I have a horrible feeling that something's wrong (I did all last pregnancy too and it was fine). Going to see GP in the morning about light spotting over the weekend. DH thinks I'm mad as we've had two healthy scans so far but I can't relax or switch off. I'm sending DD to childminder tomorrow so I can go to the dr and any other appointment without distraction. Feeling very low tonight. Sorry for the whine!

BoyMeetsWorld Sun 14-Apr-13 18:48:54

Hi Worried I feel like crying tonight too, just everything getting me down esp the nausea & lack of understanding from DH. Massive hugs to you - maybe having a good random cry would help????

How's everyone else feeling tonight? I think there are some scans tomorrow are there not? X

WorriedMouse Sun 14-Apr-13 18:52:09

Hi boy it's rubbish isn't it! I know I worried the whole way through the last time and I now have the most lively 2 and a half year old ever! Hope you feel better soon. X

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Sun 14-Apr-13 18:52:11

Hi to the new guys especially worriedmouse I can completely relate to all the worry. You really are probably fine, after two scans the odds are massively in your favour. it doesn't stop the worrying though hope you feel better soon.

I think I must be the only one who's on a second pregnancy whose not showing. Have put in 4/5 pounds but not on my stomach. Stomach is still flat, I'm pear shaped so have a big bum and thighs. At 12 weeks I thought I would have a little bump by now. Oh well it will appear soon enough.

surprise I'm the same - cant hold my stomach in at all! V annoying as I'm used to being quite trim around my tummy and now it feels all saggy!

Of course two helpings of cauli cheese doesn't help blush

This thread is not accepting new messages.