Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Due End Nov/Beg Dec 2013 With DC#2

(174 Posts)
Tinyflutterby Tue 09-Apr-13 14:38:24

Hi everyone, was going to join one of the November threads, but they're so full already and I'm only about 6 weeks pg, so feel a bit behind some of the others!

Been ttc for about 6 months and delighted to find out I was pg as ds took 2 years ttc. Ds is now 20 months. Don't have an actual due date yet as I have really long cycles and havn't had booking appointment or anything yet.

No majorly troublesome symptoms as yet, just sore boobs, more tired than usual and digestion bit delicate. Don't even feel pg some days, so it's pretty hard to believe sometimes!

Look forward to speaking to anyone else!

Tinyflutterby Sat 27-Jul-13 12:46:47

Hi everyone and welcome Eccentrica! Sorry I havn't been on for a while, but I've had a really bad week with my back. In addition to my existing coccyx problem I'm now getting lower back pain as well (probably due to all the weight at the front). Went to maternity physio and have been fitted with a support belt, so we'll see if that helps. Am finding it so hard to get comfortable though as sitting is impossible I have to stand a lot and I think that's also why my back is so sore. Lying down is probably best, but it's not always practical!

Saw the midwife on Wednesday and she was so worried by the amount of pain I was in she went and got a doctor to speak to me. They want me to take stronger painkillers, but they would have an effect on the baby and I would rather suffer than put him at any risk. They are talking about having to deliver him early, as at 5 months my body is already not coping and they are concerned I end up totally immobile nearer the end. Fingers crossed that won't happen. So long and short of it is they want to keep a close eye on me, so I've to see a more senior physio next week and will have another antenatal appointment in a fortnight. Oh and they also think I'm developing gestational diabetes, as if I didn't have enough to contend with already. Waiting on results of a blood test for that.

Anyway, Yoga - delighted your scan went well and that was lovely your DD could be there too. Our hosp don't let children in, but to be honest my DS freaks out if I even have to sit in the dentist chair so it would'nt have been the most relaxing experience with him having an epic meltdown in the middle of it! Did you find out the sex? Sounds like potty training is progressing well too, takes a lot of patience doesn't it? Has baby been moving around much? This little one has been very active, especially during the night and the movements are now very visible from the outside too.

Take care everyone.x

lilstar Sat 27-Jul-13 13:56:11

Hi tiny. Good to heqr from you. Really feel for you reading your post. Sounds like an awful time you are having and naturally worrying if they have to deliver you so early. I hope your body finda strength to hold on as long as possible. I would be the same in regards to the painkillers. Don't like taking meds at the best of times never mind during pregnancy. Take it easy and keep us updated with your progress. Best wishes and hugs from me.

yogafan Sat 27-Jul-13 15:21:56

Hello and welcome newbies!

I got braxton hicks really early on with DD, and even thought I felt some this time round a while back - which would have been ridiculously early as I'm only 21 weeks now. Not sure if it's normal but I've opted not to worry! Still get anxious about all sorts of other things though - we went on a bike ride this morning and went over some bumps shaking my poor bump something rotten... Anyway.

SO sorry to hear about your back tiny, I knew it had been super though for you but it's so unfair it seems to be getting worse. Mine is much better, but I found muting on my side the only comfortable position to be in for a while. Not compatible with looking after a toddler, unfortunately. Do you have any childcare? Any help so you can get large chunks of rest time? It's rough having to do lots if looking after when you have no time/space to look after yourself, particularly if it's something so vital as protecting your back. And the pain, poor you tiny, i really feel for you. Hope the senior physio can help, and that the brace works. I'm going to get a Japanese style tummy support, apparently they are good post birth too. Like a lightweight version of the proper support belt. And the gestational diabetes scare as well, urgh. Fingers crossed it's not, and of it is then it's manageable. Does it mean a lot more monitoring and a complicated annoying diet? When they talk about delivering early, have they said how early? Might be nice if they could give you a month of bed rest instead, in a nice hotel with meals and childcare provided. I'd like that sometimes...

We didn't find out if we 're having a girl or a boy at the scan, but both suspect it's a boy this time round. Would be delighted either way, obviously. We suspected DD was going to be a girl, although I know it's only 50:50 so we could so easily be wrong this time round!

Potty training is still moving in very small steps... No successes so far today...

Tinyflutterby Sat 27-Jul-13 20:02:22

Thanks guys, your support means a lot to me. I've actually not felt too bad today and havn't had to wear my support so glad about that. I've also done quite a lot today, so hoping it holds up. I'm just not the type of person to sit around as I like to keep busy and honestly believe the more mobile you are the more you will hopefully be able to keep it. I don't really have any help with childcare, although my mum comes up once a week to watch DS while I go to hosp/osteopath appointments. My friend has offered to take him one morning this week to give me a break and he can play with her DS who's the same age so he'll love it.

Really hope I don't have diabetes as I feel like chocolate is my only saviour at the moment! They havn't said how early they would deliver me and are just going to play it by ear, but my main worry is the breathing thing as the lungs are the last thing to develop and I would hate for him to end up in special care, so am determined to hold on as long as possible. The month of bed rest in a nice hotel sounds like HEAVEN Yoga! Actually havn't had a holiday since before I conceived DS in 2010, so long overdue!

Yoga, it's exciting you are keeping the sex a surprise! I wanted to first time round but DH really wanted to find out, so I gave in. This time I wanted to know purely for practical reasons (boring I know), plus I like now referring to the baby as 'he' and not 'it'! Keep going with the potty training, it will be so worth it in the end, good luck.

Night everyone, sleep well.x

eccentrica Sun 28-Jul-13 22:33:47

Tiny hello and I'm sorry to hear you're having such a tough time with your back. Hope it gets better soon.

lilstar Yeah, I also had anterior placenta last time and I defnitely felt less movement than average, and later. However, I am 99% sure I felt first movements last night! I was watching a play and pretty certain that's what it was. I am 17w3d so it's earlier than last time, though last time I thnik I had occasional flutters, but few and far between until about 23 weeks.

Potty training is making slow but definite progress here. My flat smells of wee though hmm

Tinyflutterby Mon 29-Jul-13 13:49:08

Hi Yoga, meant to say I'm glad your back is feeling a bit better. I've had 2 or 3 'good' days so far and not been wearing the support belt so wondering if it was actually contributing to the problem. Think I'll just wear it when I feel I really need to.

Eccentrica - that made me laugh about the smell of pee! So exciting to feel movements! I felt them at 14 weeks this time which I know is really early. I'mm almost 22 weeks now and they're really strong, can even see them!

Hope everyone doing ok and glad weather has cooled down a bit now!x

Tinyflutterby Tue 06-Aug-13 12:32:34

Hi, how's everyone holding up these days? Hope you're all doing well. 24 weeks tomorrow for me!x

lilstar Tue 06-Aug-13 17:05:00

Same here tiny! 24 weeks tomorrow. I'm doing ok. Just frantically bidding on ebay for maternity gear now that I have virtually zilch in my wardrobe to wear.

I'm not looking forward to Thursday though. My daughter goes in for an operation on her legs and will be pretty imobile afterwards. Not really the ideal situation for being 24 weeks pg.

On the upside, booked a 4d scan for 31st aug so it will give her something to look forward to once shes a bit better. Any of u had a 4d scan before? I'm quite excited about it.

Hows your back problem now Tiny?

Tinyflutterby Wed 07-Aug-13 07:14:27

Hi Lilstar, good to hear from you! Hope you find some good maternity clothes. I'm actually doing ok so far regarding clothes, although rapidly filling them and not so much choice as my regular wardrobe, but it's been ok as I had plenty from last time and some friends very kindly gave me some stuff too.

Hope your daughter gets on ok with her op, how old is she again? I'm sure you will manage somehow and they are pretty good at trying to be independent. My ds is brilliant as he's always been used to the fact I have limitations and can climb in and out of his car seat, pram etc. to save me lifting him. I did try to lift the light fold-up buggy into the car the other day however and that is actually really difficult now, so won't be doing that again unless I have help.

I have actually had a few better days with my back and also got a special cushion, so can sit for a few minutes now. I have been getting some general lower back pain but am not too concerned about that as I know it is just due to the extra weight at the front. I've been seeing the maternity physio and am due to see the midwife and consultant today.

That's really exciting you are getting a 4D scan! Definetly something for you all to look forward to. I've never had one, but was considering it this time, however I've to get another scan at 32 weeks anyway because of the low lying placenta, so decided not to bother.

Best of luck for Thursday and hope it all goes well.x

yogafan Mon 12-Aug-13 09:16:02

Hi all, sorry for long silence. DD was sick for a bit and started asking for nappies so we gave up on the potty training. Urgh. We're off on holiday soon, so thing we'll try again when we get back (mid September) so will keep you updated. My house prob still smells of wee though (that made me laugh Eccentrica, so true!)
So pleased your back feels a bit better tiny, long may it continue. Any news on the sugar levels? Mine were a little high too, but midwife didn't seem too concerned. I have been eating LOTS of sweet stuff. DP went out late last night to buy me a Double Decker...
Lilstar - I have seen 4d pics, they look amazing. I'd love to have one but don't think we'll end up getting one. Hope you and your DD are doing well, how did the op go? Is she mobile again now. Hope you're all ok. x

Tinyflutterby Fri 06-Sep-13 06:35:26

Hi everyone, how are we all doing? Sorry havn't been on here for ages, but seem to have had so many appointments to attend, plus DS on hitting 2 has suddenly decided he no longer needs to nap during the day (much to my dismay!) therefore not getting much time to be online!

Yoga - how was your holiday? How is potty training going?

Lilstar - how is your DD after her op?

I'm now 28 weeks and have my date for my c section - 20th November! It's all seeming pretty real now!

Hope everyone well.x

yogafan Sun 08-Sep-13 22:40:09

Hi all, we got back yesterday - still pretty jet lagged but pleased to be home. We had a great time away, DD loved most of it but started getting cabin fever towards the end (we were staying in a teeny place with 4 others) and was beginning to play up - not very restful. We haven't resumed potty training again, think we'll wait for DD to tell us when she's ready to try again... Hope we can do it before DC2 arrives, but we're running out of time - our babies are gonna be here so soon!! Amazing you've got your C section date tiny, just over 2 1/2 months! Wow.
I've just been looking at cute all in one bear suits for DC2, you know - ones with ears that are warm and snuggly for going outside. DD was born in summer so we don't really have anything warm for a little baby, and I thought DD might warm to the baby more if it looked cute with ears... Well, it's actually just an excuse to go shopping and buy something for this little one, we pretty much have what we need but I'd like to get the baby a little something. Have you guys bought anything this time round?
Hope you're all doing well and not too tired. I'm generally ok but every so often get a wave of fatigue. And I'm eating SO much chocolate...

yogafan Thu 19-Sep-13 12:04:19

Ah - hope this isn't related to eating SO much chocolate, but I've got to fast tonight and have glucose tolerance test tomorrow morning. Really hope I don't have gestational diabetes...

yogafan Sat 21-Sep-13 07:00:05

Phew, don't have gestation diabetes after all. Hope you guys are well.

Tinyflutterby Tue 24-Sep-13 20:06:36

Hi yoga, glad you don't have GD after all. sorry the potty training isn't going quite to plan, but I'm sure it will happen when the time is right. That made me laugh about the baby looking cute with cuddly ears! I'm sure your DD will love it no matter what, but I don't see anything wrong with buying a cute cuddly snowsuit as you'll no doubt need one anyway. I have one really tiny one a friend gave me and a couple of bigger ones that were DS's, but I think all will be either too small or too big for when we need them so I may end up buying another cute cuddly one too!

Well I only have 8 weeks to go now! It's gone so fast. I ended up in hosp getting checked last week as I had a headache on and off for about a week and they wanted to check my BP. Turns out it's actually mega-low, so that plus my low iron is making me totally knackered all the time. Plus I'm averaging about 3/4 hours sleep a night as I keep waking up and not being able to switch off.

Anyway, hope you are doing well. How long have you got to go now?x

yogafan Thu 17-Oct-13 21:02:04

Hiya Tiny - sorry I've been out of contact for so long. All good o the pregnancy front but my mym's been I'll so I've been spending lots of time with her and my dad - feels a bit stressful having caring responsibilities on all fronts to be honest. Ah well, I'm hoping she's on the road to recovery and I'll be able to take it a bit easier as I get closer to my due date.
How are you?! I hope the low blood pressure and iron levels have been resolved, that must make you feel super tired and drained. Are you getting excited about the birth - when is your due date again? I've started packing my hospital bag and thinking about the practicalities of who will look after DD in which circumstances... It's still not very clear but I'm hoping we'll muddle through.
Hope your back is bearing up with all the extra weight, and that your DP has been giving you the occasional foot rub. My DP has given me a couple of short foot massages - feels so good, our poor weary feet are really taking a pounding y legs and hips feel like they've run a marathon too...)
All the best for the next few weeks...

Tinyflutterby Sat 02-Nov-13 10:06:02

Hi, is anyone still out there? I have less than 3 weeks to go now and feeling a little lonely and scared! Just found out baby is really low down and head already started to engage so could be early for me! Hope all is well.x

yogafan Sat 02-Nov-13 19:26:06

Oh well done tiny - are you 37 weeks already? It must be nerve wracking to be so close. One incredible, complex experience coming up, that 's for sure. Everything i've read says rhings get easier once you've had tge second baby, hopefully your back issues will improve etc. Your c section is on 20th isn't it? I'll be thinking if you, and am checking mumsnet a lot more now labour day approaches. Let me know if there's anything particular on your mind you want to talk about.
I'm feeling baby move down, lots of braxton hicks etc, makes me think I'll be early too. A few days of mild cramp and dodgy tum...
All the very best to you xx

Tinyflutterby Sat 02-Nov-13 19:43:35

Hi Yoga, great to hear from you! How are you getting on? How long for you now? I'll be 37 weeks on Weds, but my section is booked for 39 weeks (20th Nov), can't believe its so soon! Sounds like we both might be in for an early arrival!

I'm actually doing ok physically and believe it or not my back is probably better now than it was early on so I'm very grateful for that. Just REALLY exhausted, but my iron's been low for the last couple of months so desperately trying to get that back up again in time.

My DH has just started a new job, which is great but it's in another city and he has an hour and a half commute each way, so we don't even see him in the morning and he's back really late in the evening, so I'm just finding it hard coping with DS on my own all day and really worried about how I'll cope with a newborn too, especially as he's not entitled to paternity leave. He is owed a couple of days holiday though and will take a couple of unpaid holidays to stretch it to a week, but it's not a lot when I'm having a section.

However, I have been doing a lot of thinking about my options of help for afterwards as I don't have family nearby and have decided to hire a postnatal doula. It isn't cheap, but I figure it's worth it for my sanity! I feel a lot more relaxed knowing I have a plan in place.

So it's just the waiting game now and wondering if baba will try to make an appearance before the 20th!

How's the potty training going by the way? Hope you are doing well and the cramps and dodgy tum settle. Every little thing makes you think it's early labour doesn't it? Thinking of you also, take care.x

can I join?
due 27th nov and seriously symptom spotting now.
think that every cramp,mood swing or twinge is the onset of labour.
and still feel like ive forgotten something even though I probably haven't.

Tinyflutterby Mon 04-Nov-13 17:05:27

Welcome Urt! We're actually due the same day, but I have to have a section on 20th. I'm with you on the symptom spotting! And keep waking up at night in a panic thinking have I done that or have I got that! I guess its natural!x

very close for you then flutter.
don't know why we panic because if we have forgotten something minor its not the end of the world.
as for symptoms I just seem to be having dull period type cramps most the time now.
you?

yogafan Tue 05-Nov-13 17:51:07

Hello there, and welcome URT - I'm with you on the exhaustion tiny, although I don't think I have the excuse of low iron. General late pregnancy plus low iron must be a killer. DD has been dropping her nap though, so I'm finding it much harder than usual to pace myself and basically cope. The TV was on for much of yesterday afternoon, and it's back on now...

Good plan in getting a post natal doula, that sounds very sensible. It should give you the support you need to assist recovery, establishing breastfeeding etc. Especially necessary if you're having a section - I went round to help my friend with nap and bed times when she had her second DC as she couldn't lift DC1 into the bath / cot etc. Good you can plan for it, I think i'm going to be totally stuck if I end up with unplanned section... ALthough it's not good for my back at all (or my pelvic floor...) I tend to pick up DD more than i should. It's just so hard if she's having a tantrum on the bus/in a shop etc...

I couldn't face going back to the potty training, so we're going to leave that until next year.

I'm occasionally getting period style cramps, and am totally paranoid about going into labour early. I can feel the baby move further down each day i think. But I was induced last time, so have no real experience of going into labour naturally. I hear it can take weeks of rumblings...

I'm hoping for a home birth and the pool doesn't arrive for 2 1/2 weeks so I hope I can hang on until then...

Our bags are packed but I feel I need to stock up on rest and mentally prepare a bit more for the new arrival - so hard with a toddler to look after!

Tinyflutterby Wed 06-Nov-13 04:55:35

Hi girls, how are you? Well it's 4.45am and I've been up for a couple of hours, hungry for cereal and can't sleep!

Sorry you're also feeling so tired Yoga, it's not easy with a toddler, especially when the nap is dwindling. My DS has been on/off with an afternoon nap for about 3 months now, some days he will sleep and some days he won't, so I just try every day and as soon as he goes into bed I climb into mine!

It's also hard when you've got to lift them, although I think I said before that my DS is used to the fact I havn't been able to lift him for a long time. It sounds really bad, but I'm at the moment teaching him how to climb out of his cot onto the beanbag, as I know in a couple of weeks I won't be able to help him out as I usually do. It sounds weird, but he's actually fairly sensible/cautious for a 2 year old, so I'm not worried that he'll try it on his own. He's still in a sleeping bag anyway and I don't think he could get out of it for a start. I've never been able to lift him in/out of the bath so my DH has always done that. If he has to work late I try to persuade DS to come in the shower with me or I just have to give him a quick wash down at the sink. Tantrums are hard though and when he's really upset about something I miss not being able to pick him up.

That's exciting you are planning a home birth! Will someone be taking your DC1 at the time?

I was also induced last time so have no idea how this whole labour thing starts! Feels like the first time again!

Unfortunately my pelvis gave way on Monday, however I am just so relieved it waited until now to happen instead of at 15 weeks like last time! I can hardly walk, but luckily I held onto my support belt from last time so have been wearing that the last couple of days. I'm going to see my osteopath tomorrow so hopefully that should help. Don't really want to resort to crutches again, but we'll see how it goes. Thanks goodness it's only going to be a couple of weeks at the most.

Hang in there everyone and I'll keep checking up for developments.x

yogafan Wed 06-Nov-13 10:51:46

Morning tiny - I've been awake since 5ish too, defo going to have a lie down this afternoon. Good plan to get into bed as soon as you try for a nap with DC, the past couple of days I've been hanging out washing and getting stuff done which I could do with DD up - feels like a real waste.
Sorry to hear about your pelvis, hope the osteo can help. Was the support belt useful last time? I've been recommended one that you can use after the baby as well, apparently it helps everything restabilise.
And how does it work with the doula - will they do a few sessions pre baby, to help get to know your routine and DS? I can imagine a bit of extra support could be really handy before the baby comes too, especially with your pelvis probs.
Can't believe you are two weeks away from meeting your baby, wow wow wow. Do you feel like you can properly plan and have everything organised? Do you feel prepared, at least practically? Or is it still just as nerve wracking?!
The unknown-ness of potentially going into labour over the next 2 months (!) is crazy - I have a list of potential people who could look after DD, utterly dependent on when I go into labour, where we are, what time it is, what day of the week it is etc. Also, if it's a long labour or overnight, who people could hand her over to. I would love to have a super quick labour overnight at home, with DD asleep upstairs, but I would be really lucky for that to materialise I know. I worry she might get woken by me making loads of noise, and I'm a little bit wary of other people coming into the house while I'm in labour to pick her up. Some people I'd feel comfortable with, others much less so. I think i'm just going to have to leave it to DP to look at the options, and manage things so that I don't have to think about it. Hum. I am also worried about having a slow build up to labour, and how on earth I would cope with that.What happens if I start having contractions while I'm out with DD, or if she's having a tantrum somewhere... Maybe I'll just be a bit more house bound towards the end, and stay close to home. I was so knackered on Monday I was running through my mind thinking about if there was anyone I could call so I could go upstairs and sleep - but there isn't really anyone. I'd only want to call DP if it is actual labour, as like your DH he doesn't qualify for paternity leave (he's in a new-ish job too) so can only take a bit of time as it'll largely be unpaid. He could come if I was desperate, but not for exhaustion/braxton hicks/pre labour grumbles.
Despite my grumbling I am excited...
Hope you have a good day, I'll check in again soon x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now