Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Due End Nov/Beg Dec 2013 With DC#2

(174 Posts)
Tinyflutterby Tue 09-Apr-13 14:38:24

Hi everyone, was going to join one of the November threads, but they're so full already and I'm only about 6 weeks pg, so feel a bit behind some of the others!

Been ttc for about 6 months and delighted to find out I was pg as ds took 2 years ttc. Ds is now 20 months. Don't have an actual due date yet as I have really long cycles and havn't had booking appointment or anything yet.

No majorly troublesome symptoms as yet, just sore boobs, more tired than usual and digestion bit delicate. Don't even feel pg some days, so it's pretty hard to believe sometimes!

Look forward to speaking to anyone else!

QueenofWhispers Thu 27-Jun-13 11:28:27

I was craving margaritas last week! settled for a frozen juice instead. was not the same.

Tinyflutterby Thu 27-Jun-13 13:40:18

Hi! Glad to hear your sis problems have been resolved Queen and hope you enjoy the birthday party tommorow Yoga! I don't actually drink so luckily don't have that to give up while pregnant, although sometimes I wish I did! Especially during the trying potty training period! I am however more than making up for it in chocolate!

Good luck for your appointment Yoga.x

yogafan Thu 27-Jun-13 22:06:00

Heard a heartbeat! And had a cobra alcohol free beer - not bad. Sleep well guys x

QueenofWhispers Sat 29-Jun-13 08:05:28

yay!

I did sleep well...until I had to get ready for a surprise date yesterday with my husband and noticed that a good selection of my favorite shoes are missing. Cue speaking to sisters who also are missing shoes and turns out neighbour has seen ex-cleaning lady wearing them. (We shared the cleaning lady). How awkward is this conversation going to be?

Me: hello ex cleaning lady, will you please return any shoes you may have borrowed from my home?
Cleaning lady: I don't have them
Me: There are 45 pictures of you on FB wearing my shoe shopping from FW 2012. Additionally there are another 20 of you in my sisters dresses+shoes.

yogafan Sat 29-Jun-13 10:42:50

Argh, that sounds awkward. Good luck. We had a good day yesterday - DD's 2nd b'day with the grandparents round. Today for the kids party...

QueenofWhispers Sat 29-Jun-13 11:34:50

Happy Birthday MiniYogaFan!

good luck with the Kids today Yogafan.

I've just realised that I'm almost 30 and everything I had envisioned for myself is everything that I don't need right now.

yogafan Sun 30-Jun-13 15:47:04

Hi guys, kids party went really well yesterday, DD had loads of fun and so did we. House wasn't nearly as trashed as I expected and we managed to get it all cleared befor bed. Phew. It's scorching here today, I feel like lazing around eating ice cream. Hope you're having a good weekend.
Sorry to hear about the vision/reality clash queen - hope you're feeling ok. What do you feel you'd like to change in an ideal world?

Tinyflutterby Tue 02-Jul-13 13:49:47

Hi guys, glad the party went well Yoga and very exciting to hear baby's heartbeat! Just realised my ds is going to be 2 in a few weeks! Scary! We're planning to take him to the safari park, think I'm more excited about it than anyone though!

Queen - the shoe thing made me laugh, sorry, I know it's probably not very funny for you. Are you sure it wasn't your sisters hiding them? Am interested to hear what you had envisioned for yourself too! I don't think I know anyone who's actually doing what they thought they would be in life! I certainly didn't think I would be with my husband for 10 years before we had children!

Got my 20 week scan next week, can't wait. It's gone so fast though.

yogafan Sun 07-Jul-13 18:35:23

How exciting tiny - what day is your scan? Hope you really, really enjoy it. I remember being amazing seeing DD at 20 weeks, the detail was just incredible. Such tiny little ribs!

Hope you guys enjoy the safari park too, bet your DS will love it. We took DD to London zoo with a friend if hers last month and she had the best time.

Have you had a good time in the sun? Hope it continues! I find it so much easier looking after DD when it's like this, I'm fed up of wiping rain off slides/swings and realising we don't have any spare trousers for DD when we're out and gets drenched.

How's the potty training going tiny?

Tinyflutterby Thu 11-Jul-13 09:52:32

Hi girls, how are we? Well had my scan yesterday and it's a boy! So a little brother for DS. It was amazing to see the scan, the detail was really clear and we were in there for ages as they explained everything to us. All looking good with baby, however I've to get another scan at 32 weeks as the placenta is partially covering the cervix. Shouldn't hopefully cause any problems as I have to have a section anyway, but they want to keep an eye on it, especially if it causes any bleeding.

Now all I have to do is persuade my DH to paint the baby's room as it is currently a totally unsuitable pink! He's not very keen as it's only just been decorated, so think I may have a fight on my hands!

When is your scan Yoga? Have you been feeling any movements? Potty training is going pretty well, we have the odd off-day, but on the whole I guess has been fairly quick. Take care.x

yogafan Thu 11-Jul-13 20:24:24

Congrats tiny, how wonderful! Must have been sooooo good to see. I've got mine in two weeks, I can't wait - I am desperate to see the baby in all that incredible detail, and hopefully to have the all clear. A mixture of joy and relief please!
And you're having a boy, wow, does it make it more real knowing you are growing a baby boy, and that your DS will be a big brother...?
Well done on the potty training, good to know the hard work has paid off. We start in 10 days....

Tinyflutterby Mon 15-Jul-13 20:13:35

Hi Yoga, not long now 'til your scan, you must be getting excited! Are you going to find out the sex? I guess it does feel more real, although the movements are pretty strong now so that feels more real than anything, especially as he's been kicking me in the bladder for the last 2 days! DS is so cute, he's started rubbing my tummy and comes up all the time and says 'cuddle baby' or 'kiss baby' and cuddles into my tummy. I think he'll be a good big brother, he's put a few of his toys aside that he said the baby can play with.

It's been a month of potty training and we seem to have resolved the pooing fear, so pretty much there. We've also started giving him his bedtime milk after dinner as he was asking to go to the potty when he was tucked up in bed, so it seems to have stopped that and his nappy is usually pretty dry in the mornings now too, although I'm in no hurry to rush the night-time training as he's still very young and I don't want to create any sleep problems as he's usually pretty good. Good luck when you start!x

lilstar Thu 18-Jul-13 08:23:38

Hi everyone!

I've not been online much recently so haven't had the chance to post. Hope you are all doing well. Just read the past couple of posts for a wee catch up.

Tiny! Glad to heqr the potty training has went well. That must be a relief for you. Brill you have got it sorted before DS comes along. Speaking of which...congrats on your wee boy. Glad to hear your scan went well.

Yoga! You must have your scan soon then...how are you feeling about it? I have mine first thing tomorrow morning and although I'm curious to see the baby I'm really nervous because I know they do alot of important checks.

I don't want to find out the sex, but dp does! I just have a funny feeling it's a boy for some reason.

Oh yeh, how you all been coping in the hot weather...I fainted once so far!

Tinyflutterby Thu 18-Jul-13 14:49:23

Good to hear from you Lilstar! Hope you're scan goes well. Not coping particularly well with the hot weather it has to be said and an overheated grumpy toddler is making things even more tricky - none of us are getting much sleep! Hope you don't faint again.x

yogafan Thu 18-Jul-13 20:37:13

Hi guys, good luck for your scan lilstar! How exciting... I am really looking forward to having mine next Thursday, I have a funny feeling it's a boy this time but going to try and keep it a surprise. I am super nervous too, fingers crossed all is well for us. Chances are they will be, and hopefully you'll have the all clear tomorrow so you'll have that reassurance. So pleased yours went well Tiny, so great.

Well done on the potty training too, not bad to have cracked it in a month. We start on Monday... DD definitely getting more and more ready by the day. Guess we'll just have to see how she takes to it and what curveballs present themselves.

Tiny - i've been thinking of you, as for the past few days I've had back pain, in my coccyx. Think it must be preg related, with the relaxin making my pelvis less stable. Makes sitting painful, urgh. Did you have any treatment for yours? Hope it has eased off for you, although I know you've had it a while.

I felt a bit sick and faint a couple of days ago, realised I hadn't had a big enough breakfast, and this darned heat. I almost fainted a couple of times on the tube when preg with DD (I live in London and used to commute 2-3 hours a day, dreadful) but have been able to take it much more easy this time round. Sorry to hear about you fainting Lilstar, where were you? Did people around you help?

Hope you have a good night tiny, DD has been sleeping ok, but I daren't put her to bed too early as she's been finding it to get to sleep due to the heat (and DP has been away with work for a week - he usually does bedtime) so we're just finishing watching Toystory now, then bed... Hope it's not terribly bad for her to watch TV...

Tinyflutterby Fri 19-Jul-13 20:10:54

Hi Yoga, oh how I sympathise with you. I have been so bad since 10 weeks that I can't even drive anywhere now because of the sitting. Well, if I only have to go 5 mins I'll sometimes do it, but am so restricted it's awful. Anyway, the only thing I have found beneficial (and believe me I've tried everything) is Cranial Osteopathy. It's very gentle, but effective. I can't say it's hlped just as much since I've been pregnant, but as you say, I think the relaxin has a lot to answer for. You could try maternity physio at your hospital, but I personally didn't find it terribly useful as they're not hands-on and exercises can only do so much for you. I do have a coccyx cushion with a vut out at the back, but again it actually causes me more pain by stretching the ligaments either side, but you could try. Good luck, hope you find some relief.x

yogafan Sat 20-Jul-13 09:59:47

Thanks for the support tiny! So sorry you've had to deal with it for so long, urgh. I went to a chiropractor a couple of days ago who said part of the prob with sitting is that your thighs are lifted straining the back a little. He suggested sitting forward so thighs tilt down (knees lower than hips) - don't know if it would help you at all to raise the back of your cushion? I might try and see s cranial osteo, I like how gentle they sound. The chiropractor said everything was safe etc in pregnancy but was a bit 'gung ho'
Anyway, SO hard to look after a toddler while trying to protect your back! You've done brilliantly being able to potty train as well, I imagine there'll be a fair amount of dashing around...

yogafan Mon 22-Jul-13 13:58:23

First morning of potty training - no sitting on the potty, and one wee on the floor... Fingers crossed for this afternoon!

Tinyflutterby Tue 23-Jul-13 13:41:10

Good luck Yoga!x

lilstar Tue 23-Jul-13 20:03:36

Hi Tiny and Yoga!

Well glad this weather has got a bit less hot here. Haven't fainted again either and yes Yoga, I was in church when it happened so DP was there and a lovely man who happened to be a retired nurse also helped walk me up the isle to air, a drink and seat in the porch. So embarassing though lol.

My scan also went well on Friday...thank for the well wishes. The sonographer was brilliant this time. Unlike the snippy one I got at my 12 week scan. This one took time to explain everything she was doing and everything was so clear. Got a brilliant photo too. Haven't found out the sex...and still don't want to!

How are you both keeping this week? Strangely enough, I saw you talking about the pain in your coccyx and fortunately I haven't had this except once and it was acctually when I woke up in my bed and had to get up to go to the toilet. It was agon but I managed to roll off the bed to standing and I haven't had it since.

Yoga! 3 sleeps until your scan right? How has the last couple days potty training went for you?

yogafan Thu 25-Jul-13 17:34:03

Scan went well! DD was there, very much awake despite our efforts to get her to nap before going in. Was lovely though, she got to see the baby and I think it's all a bit more real for all of us now.

SMALL steps with potty training, she'll sit in the potty now, has done 2 weed and is slowly beginning to understand I think. No poo accidents yet, phew. She's held on until her nappy goes on for her nap.

I've been ok so far in the heat (apart from almost fainting episode a couple if weeks ago) but started feeling rubbish yesterday, think I got a bit dehydrated while being out and about in the sun. Gah. Have taken some dioralyte and starting to feel a little better.

Hope you guys are faring well!

eccentrica Thu 25-Jul-13 17:55:24

Hello all

Would it be OK if I joined you? My due date isn't til 2nd January, though judging from my daughter (who came 2 1/2 weeks early) it will hopefully be earlier than that!

I am currently 17 weeks pregnant and also in the throes of potty training my daughter (2.10) this week, it's not going fantastically well hmm

Wonderful that so many of you have had good scans and know the sex! Mine's not til 17th August, so 3 weeks to go still.

lilstar Thu 25-Jul-13 18:30:02

I feel like the odd one out since everybody is or has been potty training recently lol.

Welcome to the thread eccentrica! How have you been keeping so far and are you hoping to find out the sex of ur baby at your scan?

Glad your scan went well yoga. Does seem so much more real having seen so much detail now and now sporting the obvious bump. Still prodding my belly in the morning just to check i'm not dreaming though lol.

eccentrica Fri 26-Jul-13 11:17:15

Hi lilstar

I have been OK so far thanks, this pregnancy seems to be progressing much the same as my first - knackered/nauseous throughout 1st trimester, better since week 14, I even have an anterior placenta again - at the front, which means you feel less movement and feel it later. It wasn't til about week 23 with 1st pregnancy, so I'm not expecting to start feeling movement for ages yet sad

I am very much looking forward to finding out the sex! I think it will make it all seem more real. Of course also looking forward to getting the all-clear (touch wood) and then we can start making some real plans and get the flat sorted out!

How about you, have you had your 20 wk scan?

lilstar Sat 27-Jul-13 09:27:09

Eccentrica! Your pregnancy sounds like mine so far. Mainly tiredness and nausea being the issuses at first. I also have the anterior placenta but have been feeling it since around 18 weeks. The sonographer at my scan says usually the case is you feel it at the side which to me was exactly right, especially when lying on my side in bed at night. I'm sure you'll feel it soon! She also said it might mean dp won't feel it for a wee while longer than expected.

My scan was last friday when i was 21w2d but i think i am a little less than that as i had an early scan with differing dates. My scan went well though. Dp still wants to find out the sex. I dont though! I have a hunch that its a boy anyway but still want the surprise at the end.

Question for anyone who can answer please. The past few days I have been getting the odd braxton hicks. Dont remember having these so early with dc1. Is it normal at 22 weeks...have any of you guys had them yet?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now