Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Permanently got a cold?

(3 Posts)
Cutandstick Wed 10-Apr-13 11:57:47

Hi, I though I'd had a cold I couldn't shift since January, just snotty and coughy etc, but apparently its an allergic reaction not a cold. I'm asthmatic and it's been playing havoc with my breathing so they are prescribing antihistamines. So if it doesn't shift maybe its' that!

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Mon 08-Apr-13 12:44:10

Have had cough/cold since mid Feb and keep thinking I've seen the back of it but no, rest of family catch it or variation thereof so round it goes... And have heard tons of folk say the same.

Hope when we do get sun eventually it will kickstart recovery, in meantime keep vitamin C levels up, wash hands lots and avoid public transport and crowds as much as possible!

Luckyjune2013 Mon 08-Apr-13 11:53:41

Three cold in last three weeks so permanently coughing, sneezing, zapped of energy and calling in for random sick days.
Feel utterly weak and pathetic but can't seem to shake it off, just trying to stay on top of work etc.
Anyone else got this?
Trying to figure out if its the weather, the pregnancy (29 weeks) or just me. Won't fix things but guess I'd feel a but less pathetic if it wasn't just me!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now