Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

November 2013-thread 4- nattering our way through the first trimester

(1000 Posts)
honey86 Mon 01-Apr-13 15:40:50

pow... here goes another wink

OneLittleToddleTerror Tue 02-Apr-13 10:44:07

Is it just me, but the thought of swallowing makes me want to throw up atm hmm

BoyMeetsWorld Tue 02-Apr-13 10:45:49

Omg I'm in work feeling so sick sad sad not sure whether to be happy ive got symptoms or curl up in a ball and hibernate!

Saundy Tue 02-Apr-13 10:49:00

Best not, the sympathy I used to get has been quickly replaced with much enthusiasm to cure me!! Not sure exactly how that would work with the gag reflex?! Haha.

honey86 Tue 02-Apr-13 10:49:48

lol @ the link. i beg to differ...

hes sayin he loves me n wants t talk but flat out refuses to admit hes done anything wrong or hurtful and wont apologise. so were not really talking x

Alwaystheauntie Tue 02-Apr-13 10:51:16

I am kind of hoping the article means him doing the pleasuring rather than the over way round?? Am defo not showing the DH that one. Have managed 3.5 yrs without doing it. Not about to start now!!

Dreamstoreality Tue 02-Apr-13 11:12:44

Haven't been on here in a while but need some had holding.

Currently 8 + 3 , after 2 previous miscarriages. Yesterday started having cramps (which might be due to constipation) but also started spotting. Still spotting this morning.

Currently sitting in the GPs overcrowded waiting room (and probably will be for at least another hour) trying not to cry.

Alwaystheauntie Tue 02-Apr-13 11:13:29

Dream, keeping everything crossed for you. Xx

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Tue 02-Apr-13 11:13:47

honey well done for beating me to finding the heartbeat. My Doppler still hasn't been dispatched yet sad.
Sorry your oh is still being an arse, hopefully he's just adjusting to the pregnancy and will angst his attitude shortly.

OneLittleToddleTerror Tue 02-Apr-13 11:14:33

dream keeps your hope up. It's just spotting isn't it? Fx for you.

SuffolkNWhat Tue 02-Apr-13 11:16:58

TMI alert!

I have finally pooed! It's been days and was getting really uncomfortable! The relief is a right load off my bum mind!

honey86 Tue 02-Apr-13 11:25:13

actually hes been gossiping about me to his best mate just cos i put on my fb status that im chuffed i was first to hear it. wtf is so wrong with that!

Minesahotchocolate Tue 02-Apr-13 11:33:01

Hi folks, just marking my place - am struggling to keep up with all the chat!
Welcome riverflow - increased thirst is def normal. And if you think you're thirsty now, wait until you're breastfeeding (if you do breastfeed) - I have never been SO thirsty in my life!
9 weeks today and feeling v. normal. Just tired (but got stinking cold). Still feels all somewhat unreal.

Diege I was reading the info on Harmony tests. Sounds really interesting. Great to have a reliable non-invasive alternative. I missed the nuchal scan time window with my 1st preg (we moved internationally at that time) and didn't worry too much about it all. This time, the worry that the baby will have a prob is niggling away at me more. Almost like as if having had 1 healthy DD, I feel like it increases the chances that 2nd time something won't be right - which I know logically makes NO sense! argh!

Right, must go get some air - clear the fug out of my brain. Hope spring arrives soon! smile

Minesahotchocolate Tue 02-Apr-13 11:35:44

Dreams - hoping it all works out alright for you. I think one of the other ladies had some significant spotting/bleeding and got a scan and all was still fine. Sounds so stressful - I hope you get a scan to put your mind at rest too.

honey86 Tue 02-Apr-13 11:37:45

defo got the thirsty thing, drinking so much water its unreal

FINALLY got my booking appointment on fri smile

Minesahotchocolate Tue 02-Apr-13 11:39:35

Eco - how are you doing today? Hope you're ok. This pregnancy business sure messes with your head doesn't it? So much for 'blooming' - must have been a man who came up with that term!

Animol Tue 02-Apr-13 11:52:53

Just marking my place - got the docs tomorrow so probably another scan ( I'm not in the UK and they do loads more scans over here) - feel so sick I think everything must be OK

getoffthecoffeetable Tue 02-Apr-13 12:18:02

purplekiwi how was your scan?
dreams hope that you're ok.
As per the norm at the moment, am hungry again. Can't seem to stop eating. Filled my bag full of healthy snacks today so at least it's all good for me if not rather dull

BenthamFriday Tue 02-Apr-13 12:29:52

Afternoon everyone! I think I was on thread 2, but things move so fast for this group - love all the chat smile

I was thinking I'd dodged the nausea-bullet, but it kicked in last week and now all I can eat are crackers and fruit. And I'm tired. And my back hurts.

I do, however, feel better for a whinge, so many thanks, ladies! Hope you all start feeling less icky soon.

Dreams - hope you're OK. I had a friend with bleeding after 2 MCs and she now has a beautiful little boy.

suprisepitstop Tue 02-Apr-13 12:30:43

hi all, dreams i am hoping it is just spotting

have today off,feeling pretty miserable after being sick all weekend whilst staying at a raucous house party in the north, all hearty walks, hours in crappy pub and steaming plates of hot food that we sat over for interminable meals ( cant eat proper food still). i felt like such a party pooper, and then dh coming to bed after one am three nights in a row drunken snoring. really glad to be home in my own house!! anybody else struggling with their social life? i just dont care at the moment!

BenthamFriday Tue 02-Apr-13 12:36:46

Suprise - I definitely am. I'm cancelling things left, right and centre at the moment. I feel for you on the drunken snoring front - I had a bit of that this weekend as well and it's v annoying.

But the thing is, what social activity can you possibly partake in when all you feel like is curling up in a tiny ball and staying very, very still? I vote we hibernate until 2nd trimester blooming-ness (fingers crossed) kicks in!

SpanishLady Tue 02-Apr-13 12:37:28

Hi Dreams - fx hope you will be ok - I do empathise Im 8+5 today - it was this day in my last pregnancy that I MC'd so am feeing abit tense and remembering (happened 1 Feb 2013 so recently)

very glad to hear people are getting booking dates - anyone got their 12 week scan date? I dont see the MW for booking in until next week so am hoping they refer me quickly so I have a date to work towards!

suprisepitstop Tue 02-Apr-13 12:46:11

Bentham i agree! the world can go on having fun without us for a bit! i just want to read rubbish on my kindle! im cancelling this weekend plans for sure , dh can go find some friends if he is bored!

SuffolkNWhat Tue 02-Apr-13 12:47:12

My scan is in 3 weeks yesterday! Very excited to see how much Pebble has grown.

suprisepitstop Tue 02-Apr-13 12:47:12

spanish i havent got a date yet either. hanging for it as it will make it all much more real!

BenthamFriday Tue 02-Apr-13 12:48:43

Right, that's a deal suprise - we stay away from fun and read / watch rubbish. I like that plan... smile

Spanish - I've got my booking in date for 13th April, but they've also given me the scan date of 3rd May already. Not sure how these things normally work...

This thread is not accepting new messages.