Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

November 2013-thread 4- nattering our way through the first trimester

(1000 Posts)
honey86 Mon 01-Apr-13 15:40:50

pow... here goes another wink

SuffolkNWhat Sun 07-Apr-13 21:21:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

O no poor you tired tho I'm sure the treatment will make you feel 100 times better pretty quickly.

Will they keep you long do you think?

TiredFeet Sun 07-Apr-13 21:33:16

suffolk did it help you much? How are you now? Yes am bit bored although luckily our friends agreed to babysit so dh could bring me phone charger and kindle. No longer being sick but still feel pretty poorly

Hopefully going home tomorrow smile

BoyMeetsWorld Sun 07-Apr-13 21:40:17

Aww Tired poor you! Is it making you feel better?

Maybe you're all right and I should go to gp - it does seem a bit extreme that I can't stomach anything at all.

littlemonkey2013 Sun 07-Apr-13 22:06:22

Tired hope you feel better soon and get out of hospital soon

SuffolkNWhat Sun 07-Apr-13 22:17:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TiredFeet Sun 07-Apr-13 22:51:38

thanks you lot smile just ate a sandwich, hopefully it will stay down

suffolk that is good to hear

harverina Sun 07-Apr-13 23:16:20

Oh tired sorry your in hospital but glad your getting help. Hope you get some sleep tonight and wake feeling better thanks

I am lying in bed feeling so sick - it usually starts after a big gap in eating so I'm away to try a crunchie and hope it helps so that I can get some sleep - so much for an early night!!!

EcoHippyMum Mon 08-Apr-13 00:02:24

Boy yes a real Pygmy hedgehog, he is 9 weeks old tomorrow! Will get pics and post them. I am a bit of a nut about animals, and have a few exotics, but I guess that is to be expected from someone who was brought up around lots, my father (He was American) raised deer and wolves that were orphaned, my uncle still did the same, and my degree is within the realms of animal and environmental science
I have a bit of an menagerie!

EcoHippyMum Mon 08-Apr-13 00:05:06

Sooty to hear you are in hospital Tired, make sure you try and get plenty of rest and that they look after you xx

I want a pygmy hedgehog! Or a normal hedgehog. Just the thought of them makes me feel a bit weepy.

Glad to see TiredFeet is getting help even if it does mean a night away from family. Fingers crossed you are home tomorrow.

Feel stressed and sad as well as sick. DP keeps saying he understands I feel hormonal. He really doesn't. Poor love is having a coughing fit and has been for half an hour. I feel sorry for him and have offered advice but he is also driving me demented as I desperately want to go to sleep but can't.

On a different note, am I mad for considering going on holiday for a week when I'm 29 weeks. A relaxing beach swim go on a boat and lie about holiday. Not mountaineering or anything? It would be in Turkey most probably.

louby86 Mon 08-Apr-13 03:30:19

Oh no Tired, I hope you're feeling better soon and are being well looked after.

TiredFeet Mon 08-Apr-13 07:01:40

Love the sound of a pygmy hedge hog

msfanacker that sounds like a nice holiday. Just check with airline when you are ok to fly until. I flew to ireland quite late in my last pregnancy and had to bring a doctors letter

Saundy Mon 08-Apr-13 07:13:20

Oh dear it sounds like there are a few people on the wars. I'm glad it's all improving for you Suffolk hopefully you're not too far behind Tired & that you decide to go & get yourself sorted Boy.

I hope you're feeling a bit better today about everything Honey hopefully he'll have some sort of realisation he needs to make a change eventually.

I think a holiday at 29 weeks sounds like a brilliant idea MsFP as long as you won't be too hot & bothered i.e. heading there when the temperatures peak. I wish we had planned better & could afford one last holiday just the two of us.

I hate to tempt fate but dare I say I ate normally yesterday. I also noticed I could guzzle a glass of water & properly rehydrate myself which was out of the question. I'm still a little bit sick but nothing major. One day of eating though & my belly has popped right out - unimpressed as I thought with no. 1 I'd be looking at weeks before that happened. Even DP was like 'whoa we have to take a picture of that.' Have noticed too that if I roll over in bed my boobs & belly seem to follow me & fall which Wales me up & is new. Do you guys like how your body is changing? I have to say I'm not keen hmm

Saundy Mon 08-Apr-13 07:15:08

*wakes haha

No I hate how my body is changing! I lost 3 stone since last September so it's very hard for me to see my body expanding again and although I know it's not weight gain I still struggle

getoffthecoffeetable Mon 08-Apr-13 07:41:37

Morning all. Went away for the weekend to see my best friend who's six weeks ahead if us. Am 10+2 today. Still no scan date but have got consultant date through as I'm high risk.
Hope that you're feeling better soon tired
suffolk it sounds like your sickness has become a bit more manageable, it still sounds horrendous though, sorry that you have to go through it.
Have you managed to see anyone about yours yet boy?

For me, I'm only experiencing nausea when I smell something I don't like or I go without eating for a bit. My main thing at the moment seems to be an ache in my abdominal area. Not enough to call a pain though. Probably just everything stretching. My tummy by the evening increases enormously! DH got my maternity clothes out if the loft for me at the weekend. Will give them all a wash and then get the comfy clothes out!

Hope everyone has a good day today.

MissTweed Mon 08-Apr-13 08:01:57

Morning ladies... brew , does anyone have any strange cravings yet?? I REALLY want one, just to complete the whole pregnancy thing. To those of you non-first timers, when do the cravings start?
(Oh and also a big thank you to those that helped me with my previous question about when to have my bloods taken for the downs screen, my mind has been rested, no thanks to the MW error! smile)

Animol Mon 08-Apr-13 08:16:28

Hi mines a hotchocolate we're up in NRW so not exactly just round the corner from you! I've only had kids here in Germany so I can't really compare it to the UK - pm me if you like - do you know about things like 'no gas and air in Germany' yet?!

I've still not actually thrown up just feel permanently queasy - 8 +5 today - getting there slowly but surely.

SpanishLady Mon 08-Apr-13 08:37:25

Morning all,

can sympathise with those feeling sick (esp Tired!) - Im getting to the end of my tether - constant nausea, have started throwing up and lovely headaches. Then I feel awful as I miscarried my last pregnancy so you'd think I would be more grateful - and I am but Im 9+4 today and have been having MS since week 1 so I just want to feel normal again - if like my son it wont stop until week 15!!

I dont know if a craving per se but do get fixated on certain things - was tuna now is orange (preferably freshly squeezed) - my eternal quest is for a cracker with sufficient salt on it - its a very highly balanced thing!

What would be lovely is to be somewhere warm and where I can watch films and sleep all day until this passes!

My poor son is not getting much of me currently as just have no get up and go - still I have my booking in on Wednesday and reach 10 weeks on Thursday so getting there - Im really looking forward to getting a scan date and I will also be under consultant care so will have an appointment with them too

hope everyone has a good day!

Saundy Mon 08-Apr-13 09:04:55

That's it Fairy I know it's not fat but it looks like fat & it feels like fat!!

I've actually woken up to loads of abdominal aches today too Get I'm guessing that's just one of those things that's going to run for the whole pregnancy I've no idea why I expected it would only last the first few weeks considering the amount of stretching to come!!

No cravings really here. Am only just getting back onboard with food, I was buying stuff I thought I really wanted and then not eating it.

Is anybody else starting to feel quite uncomfortable already, it feels too soon but I defo am confused

MissTweed Mon 08-Apr-13 09:09:44

Saundy, I have started to feel uncomfortable when I'm sat up. It feels like your bellies in the way (last felt before I lost 3 stone beore my wedding) but guess its just gunna get worse, (I'm 11+4)

getoffthecoffeetable Mon 08-Apr-13 09:11:28

Thanks saundy that's reassuring to know. I can't remember having them when I was pregnant with DS but maybe I've just blocked it all out lol.
I'm feeling uncomfortable too. Belly is huge. How anyone won't notice at work today I've got no idea!
Haven't had any cravings but then, I didn't have any with DS either. Am back on normal food again after living on crisps and toast! Am going to stock up on fruit and veg and try and be good from now on. There's no way I want to have to shift the amount of weight I did last pregnancy.
Was looking at some photos of me when I was pregnant with DS and I was enormous!

honey86 Mon 08-Apr-13 09:26:41

msfanackerpants im going on hol to majorca when im 30 weeks n i cant wait! youd need a fit to fly note though x

TiredFeet Mon 08-Apr-13 09:44:29

So... Am still in hospital, on drip, going home later though. Dh has just called saying how important his work trip away, leaving tomorrow is!!!

This thread is not accepting new messages.