Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

November 2013-thread 4- nattering our way through the first trimester

(1000 Posts)
honey86 Mon 01-Apr-13 15:40:50

pow... here goes another wink

riverflow Mon 01-Apr-13 20:39:31

ps DD 24th Nov.

EcoHippyMum Mon 01-Apr-13 20:56:42

MotherofCleo I too am getting huge in the breast department! I was 36D pre-pregnancy and with my others went up to 36E when feeding but the woman in the bra shop put me in a 38DD!!! I am dreading what I might be once milk comes in after having this one! I haven't weighed myself, I got down to a size 12 and I know I will be depressed!

ilovemiltonismybestfriend Mon 01-Apr-13 21:06:58

Wow!! A new thread. I hadn't kept up a few days so my friend had to text me and tell me to check it out because I would get left behind otherwise!! How is everyone doing?? I've got a sickness band for my wrist now. Seems to be doing the trick, although I have just eaten six pieces of kFC and now feel rough. Don't know if that's baby or just my body telling me I'm a complete pillocks and it never liked being filled with crap so why have I started now!!? Lol...

Anyway, food rant over. My first midwife appt is coming up fast now (next Tuesday) and I'm a little bit excited! What stage is everyone else at??

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Mon 01-Apr-13 21:10:44

river sorry about your mc and congrats on this pregnancy. I think excess

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Mon 01-Apr-13 21:11:45

I think excessive thirst is normal in early pregnancy (it is for me anyway)

<posted too soon, damn you phone>

harverina Mon 01-Apr-13 22:21:42

Urrrgghh baby brain alert - I've been checking the old thread all night on my phone and wondering why you were all so quiet blush!!!

Had brilliant day today with dh and dd. we went for a walk and put for lunch then to the park. I've been doing uni work tonight which I have actually quite enjoyed! Dh leaves early tomorrow for an early flight and he is working away till Thursday. Thankfully I'm feeling much better than I did last time he was away - that was just awful and I was so miserable.

Nausea has pretty much disappeared though and not as tired today - should I be worried?

I feel full so much quicker at the moment and I'm also really thirsty all the time - I can drink loads and my mouth still feels dry!

honey86 Mon 01-Apr-13 22:48:38

just picked up a very brief tiny but definately there, heartbeat on my doppler smile found the swooshing of the placenta then laid there for ages scanning then angled slightly down n there it was.. so tiny though and mostly drowned out by the placenta sounds... i must have an anterior one x

riverflow Mon 01-Apr-13 22:56:42

Thanks Whenshewasbadshewashopeful fingers crossed for this one and for everyone else

Off to bed with two pints of water...

EcoHippyMum Tue 02-Apr-13 00:04:10

That's great honey86!

I am feeling a bit low, was okay until I went to the loo, and then the brown discharge is back... I wish it would stop. I am so paranoid about it all the time. It's like when I go to the toilet I am scared incase of what I find. My booking appointment isn't till next Tuesday, and I just want to know what the hell is going on, is it cervical erosion, is it SCH, what? I am not cramping or bleeding heavily, and when I have bled I've not so much as bled through on to a pad.... but I am scared. sad sad

Wibblypiglikesbananas Tue 02-Apr-13 01:11:29

Hi all! Another thread, wow, we talk so much!

Just wanted to ask if anyone else with a toddler has noticed them being different since becoming pregnant. I'm sure my DD is a lot more clingy than she was a few weeks ago. Now, the two could be unrelated and she doesn't know or really understand yet about the baby in mummy's tummy - but it seems strange. Anyway, I'd be interested to know if anyone else is in the same boat.

Ecohippymum - please don't worry. I had what you describe throughout my first pregnancy. I also used to panic before going to the loo in case I might find anything and if I did, I'd feel physically sick. However, it's super normal, particularly darker, old blood spotting, and since having DD and talking to other mums, lots of people I know had something similar. It's just not talked about so much! TMI but it was always worse after DTD... There was also no pattern and I'd go weeks without then have two weeks with and so it went on. The most reassuring thing I found was once I could feel baby moving, I knew she was ok so was able to stop worrying quite so much.

I had a tiny bit of brown spotting a couple of weeks ago with this pregnancy and whilst I panicked initially, I didn't do anything about it until my Dr's appt last week. When I told her, she said it was just normal for me and not to worry. The only thing to think about is if you are rhesus negative blood group, as I am, and have more significant bleeding, you'll need to get an early anti-D injection but that's no biggie really. Fingers crossed for you.

getoffthecoffeetable Tue 02-Apr-13 07:40:05

harv my symptoms have pretty much disappeared too - except that thirst! Have come to work today with a litre of black currant to drink!
wibbly my DS has become really clingy too over the past few weeks. It's like he's sensed he won't be the only one forever. Am making the most of it and getting in millions of hugs and kisses!
Back to work today. Not in any of my suits as the buttons won' t fasten!

Dizzy81 Tue 02-Apr-13 08:13:43

Morning all,

Up half the night as I couldn't sleep. Work should be interesting. I'm the same as you Getoff none of my trousers do up, so havin to resort to wearing dresses!

My sense of smells über sensitive again today. My dh jokes my ode could be used at airports - now there's a thought.

Had a slight panic this morning as I couldn't find y sea band, calms now been restored

EcoHippyMum Tue 02-Apr-13 08:41:38

Thanks Wibbly, it really does make feel awful. This is my fifth pregnancy (m/c between dd 2 & 3 and wasn't like this) I also had a days bleed with dd 3 but this is so different. Never thought I'd welcome the symptoms of sore boobs and nausea so much!

getoffthecoffeetable Tue 02-Apr-13 08:59:17

Good luck with work today dizzy
I'm sure I'm going to get found out today!
I'm surprisingly wide awake - probably because of the silly time DS usually gets up although he's been loads better since the clocks have changed - touches lots of wood!
My sense of smell is crackers too. Almost had to move seats this morning because a girl with really strong perfume came and sat near me!

OneLittleToddleTerror Tue 02-Apr-13 09:10:42

dizzy I struggled with my work trousers too. I worn dresses in the weekend, but I don't have any work dresses. So I have to resort to sucking my tummy in and then zip up the darn thing. I'm sitting here feeling really uncomfortable. Maybe I'll nudge DH to climb into the loft this evening to get my maternity clothes. I'm feeling a bit defeated though to be so bloated in the first trimester. sad

PurpleKiwi Tue 02-Apr-13 09:35:38

Morning all! Just marking my place on the new thread - off to my first scan later this morning. Being scanned early for my peace of mind more than anything else after our SB, feeling very emotional and worried at the mo sad

artyone Tue 02-Apr-13 09:43:13

Morning all,

Hope everyone had a good easter.

Welcome and congrats to River

All is well here. I have my first midwife appointment tomorrow and am terrified that they will take my blood. I have managed to avoid blood tests for my entire life as far back as I remember and I last had an injection 10 years ago. I am far too terrified of needles. I am really hoping I can take my OH in with me, but my doctors surgery are a bit mean, so not sure if i'll be allowed.

Easter sunday I was physically sick for the first time, ugh. My housemate made me a ginger cake yesterday though, which is delicious and hopefully will help.
What is everyone else doing to combat the sickness???
I couldn't deal with the wristbands sadly, I don't like things touching my wrists.

artyone Tue 02-Apr-13 09:45:57

Purple Good luck with your scan. Let us know how it goes.

MissTweed Tue 02-Apr-13 09:55:40

Marking place smile

MissTweed Tue 02-Apr-13 09:58:17

Good luck purple kiwi. I'm off today for my blood to be taken for the downs screen. Getting really nervous about the result (I'm 33) will find out the result at the scan in 2 weeks. I'm feeling guilty that I'm focussing more on the dreaded "risk factor" than seeing our baby for the first time hmm

PurpleKiwi Tue 02-Apr-13 10:06:22

Thanks arty. As someone who also hates needles but is now having to inject every day, it's amazing what you can make yourself do when you know its for your baby x

Good luck to you too tweed

honey86 Tue 02-Apr-13 10:08:08

good luck kiwi smile

god i feel so ill... sickness has hit me like a carbon steel articulated lorry full of bricks confusedsad sitting with my sick bowl at the ready confusedconfusedconfusedconfused

Saundy Tue 02-Apr-13 10:10:46

Welcome River & congrats.

Purple good luck with the scan - enjoy!

Make sure you explain how you feel Arty I would rather be inclined to tell them you need DP there as opposed to ask if its ok. I hope it goes well.

DP nearly broke his neck yesterday running upstairs to show me this article: www.inhabitots.com/new-study-shows-that-oral-sex-can-cure-morning-sickness-naturally/ I don't think I've ever seen him looking quite so pleased with himself lol.

Am feeling horribly sick today & even the wrist bands aren't helping. I would actually be tempted to test the theory was DP not in work!!

Saundy Tue 02-Apr-13 10:11:58

On good luck too Tweed!!

& I hope DP has started to sort himself out Honey

MummaPanda Tue 02-Apr-13 10:33:11

Lol saundy! I definitely won't be showing that to my dh!

This thread is not accepting new messages.