Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

November 2013-thread 4- nattering our way through the first trimester

(1000 Posts)
honey86 Mon 01-Apr-13 15:40:50

pow... here goes another wink

Marking place!

MummaPanda Mon 01-Apr-13 16:17:39

Nattering is right! The april lot have only gone through 8 threads, and they are due this month!! How have we done half of that already and aren't even in 2nd trimester yet??

Slippysnow Mon 01-Apr-13 16:23:18

Hiya, I'm still here 10 weeks today. Booking in tomorrow and scan on the 15th. Things are moving slowly.

honey86 Mon 01-Apr-13 16:34:50

woah! 15 weeks seems like such a long time to wait for your scan blush still havent got my booking appt through yet sad

MummaPanda Mon 01-Apr-13 16:43:27

I think she meant on the 15th april honey lol

louby86 Mon 01-Apr-13 16:50:04

Hellooooooo. Can't believe how fast we're getting through threads, although I'll admit on the last bus we were on we all ended up on Facebook as it was easier to keep up!

SuffolkNWhat Mon 01-Apr-13 16:54:03

There are loads of us though!

SuffolkNWhat Mon 01-Apr-13 16:54:53

Plus the April group mostly use FB group I have been told (RL friend and MN is due in April)

honey86 Mon 01-Apr-13 17:01:31

ooh poo ... baby brain got me blush

Slippysnow Mon 01-Apr-13 17:03:19

yup 15th of April (I will be 12 weeks) no way I could wait any longer!!

Diege Mon 01-Apr-13 17:10:28

Thanks for the new thread honey smile
I have my harmony test at the FMC on Wednesday - eeek!!!! They'll also give me a quick dating scan.
Have to travel down to London tomorrow night as it's super-early on the weds morning.Well too early for me to contemplate the 5.20am train I would have had to get grin

BoyMeetsWorld Mon 01-Apr-13 17:59:29

Hallo all! Still tentatively 5+4 smile

Is everyone having a good Easter? Back to work tomorrow...yay...

BoyMeetsWorld Mon 01-Apr-13 17:59:51

What's a harmony test, Diege?

Dizzy81 Mon 01-Apr-13 18:04:17

Hi all,

My ms/neusea kicks in of an evening - so I've had to wea the sea band all day today, which has helped. Plus I keep napping,how am I going to cope at work tomorrow without them?

Diege Mon 01-Apr-13 18:28:20

Phew,glad there's no work for me until next week! Only advice re: work would be to try and get an extra hour in tonight; I also used to try and have a quick nap on my office floor blush but I was almost always distributed with a knock on the door just as I'd managed to nod off
Boy the harmony test is a maternal blood test that screens for chromosome abnormalities, and is over 99% accurate. It's a good alternative to amnio/cvs as it's non-invasive and therefore has no risk of mc. Downside is that it's mega bucks (£500-£750) as the blood is sent to the US for testing, but fetal medical centre in London have a special offer on if you have blood drawn 10 weeks to 10 weeks and 6 days, of £180 for test plus the nuchal you come back for 2wks later (when the results should be in). Good thread on antenatal tests topic if you'd like further info' xx

OneLittleToddleTerror Mon 01-Apr-13 18:50:34

I'm keeping hopeful that I won't have to think about the harmony test. It's £180 I don't want to spend. Interesting that you say the first test in the FMC has to be done at 10 weeks. I thought the trial is available to anyone doing the nuchal/blood combined tests? So I still can get the special offer if I book after the results from the NHS. I looked at the £750 one and I think you can book for a weekend test too.

Well my NHS 12 week scan appointment is supposed to arrive in the post sometime this week. I'm a bit jealous some of you already got your scan date sorted. sad

stuffthenonsense Mon 01-Apr-13 19:10:37

Thread 4! In just six weeks, we are likely to take over MN at this rate.

Diege Mon 01-Apr-13 19:19:17

Hi onelittle. I'm afraid the £180 offer is only valid if you have the harmoiny between 10 weeks and 10 weeks and 6 days sad. Therefore it would be too late to have at the offer price after the NHS scan. I think the reason the offer is on at all is that it includes the nuchal and nuchal bloods,so that they are able to compare any differences between the two tests, for their own research data. Quite clever really,as most people would usually only go for the harmony after a 'bad' screening result,as you would with an amnio. You can of course have the harmony from 10 weeks until term but then it's the usual £500 (though I think you can combine a later scan which would be included in the price). I kept on getting it wrong on the phone to the centre as I couldn't understand why you would offer it alongside the later (less accurate) nuchal, but as I would be at high risk anyway (1 in 50 for ds based on my age alone) and really want to avoid a cvs, thought this the best option for me.
stuff agree,we will be on 'most active' regularly if we carry on at this rate grin

notsoold Mon 01-Apr-13 19:23:32

Diege....fingers crossed for you!!! I tried booking it but because of my timing I missed out on the offer!! sad
Well I will wait until scan and if the risk is high then I will pay and go to London !!!!

Loving the thread by the way!!!

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Mon 01-Apr-13 19:24:57

boy glad you are still here

diege best of luck with the test. How long until the results come back?

honey sorry your oh is bent an arse. Hope things improve soon.

I'm back at work tomorrow. Am dreading it as I am absolutely shattered (woke at 8am and had a 2 hour nap).

OneLittleToddleTerror Mon 01-Apr-13 20:04:48

I have missed the offer anyway as I'm 10+1 today sad. Too late to think about it until I have a bad NHS screening result. diege agree that most of us won't think about the harmony until we got the free result.

MotherOfCleo Mon 01-Apr-13 20:05:24

fatigue has really kicked in this weekend, I'm 8+5 today and have had to have naps today and yesterday, Im so so tired.

Im also nauseous again....boo! Thought that had all but passed.

Dont know how Im going to cope this week, so glad I have the early scan to look forward to on Thursday night. So worried all wont be good. confused

I weighed myself this morning and Ive put on 7lb....eeek. My clothes still fit so I think a lot of it is my huge boobs, 3 sizes up already.

getoffthecoffeetable Mon 01-Apr-13 20:22:55

harv no scan date yet. I only saw the midwife yesterday for the first time and she's told me it'll take two weeks to process the paperwork.
saundy it sounds like your exciting news went down really well.
Have had an active day with DS today, painting then out to lunch then a massive dog walk and visit to the in laws. He's now fast asleep and I don't think I'll be far behind him!
I'm not feeling very pregnant at all, except for being worn out. Wish I knew when my scan will be. Am jealous of you ladies who know already!

riverflow Mon 01-Apr-13 20:38:54

Hello

I'm new to all this. Pregnant 6+1 with first. Had MC at five weeks in Nov 2012. Hope I can join this group. I've mostly just been reading everyone elses chat so far.
All going well, glad to hear that others are thirsty. I am soo thirsty, read about the gestational diabetes will chat that through with Midwife, but sounding like its just normal...or else twins..... My very first appointment on 16th April. Looking forward to hearing all your chat.

This thread is not accepting new messages.