Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

October 2013: where we all make it to the 2nd trimester and begin to glow!

(998 Posts)
pinksky Sun 31-Mar-13 18:07:07

Welcome October passengers--all aboard our new thread (is it number four or five?!). Hope everyone is having a lovely Easter and enjoying an egg or three.

Stats thread HERE

16+2 nat I suppose its a waste of a sorely needed 80 quid its £37 in glasgow but that would cost me £20 to get there and back anyhow lol...

Natalieand Mon 01-Apr-13 13:26:48

It's £79 here too falcon and its a easily a tenners worth of petrol as its like 30 miles away so return journey 60 miles, I think I'm gunna see how I feel at 16 weeks an how skint I am that week lol

Haylebop12 Mon 01-Apr-13 13:44:54

falcon I too am considering the gender scan at 16 weeks. It's £79 here too with a 4d free view and some 4d pics. The 4d pics at 16 weeks were brill as you could see all of baby not just face.

Feeling a bit rough today but got loads done on the house last week so having a relax smile

I have just been severely sick i thought it was gone never to return do you think it means something wrong if MS comes back?

Haylebop12 Mon 01-Apr-13 14:13:46

Not at allfalcon it more than likely shows your hormone levels are still strong.

I read, may or may not be correct the ms and HG are your bodies way of rejecting anything that can harm the baby. Ie food.

Natalieand Mon 01-Apr-13 14:15:11

I don't think it indicates a problem falcon friend of mine had morning sickness continuously for first 14 weeks and she's 22 weeks now and she's still sick on the odd occasion xxx

Smitten1981 Mon 01-Apr-13 14:15:15

I was considering the sexing scan, it's £120 here though and DH says we can wait an extra month. Boo.

I'm other news I've eaten goats cheese today because I bought a salad and forgot I was pregnant. Then I fell asleep in the bath. I'm not doing well so far am I?

roofio87 Mon 01-Apr-13 14:29:49

Haha smitten maybe just spend the rest of the day hiding under the duvet?!
falcon I've been feeling sick all night and day today and I thought I was over my ms too. I think unfortunately it can just come and go when it pleases!! smile smile

Slippysnow Mon 01-Apr-13 14:33:46

Hi everyone, does anyone know whether chocolate fondant is safe? I think I'm going to end up being a fussy guest at a wedding sad

cazboldy Mon 01-Apr-13 14:34:46

sorry to hear some of you feeling sick - with my girls i was sick for the whole 40 weeks - even when i was in labour - usually 4 -6 times a day!!

I haven't actually been sick once yet - although there have been a couple of close calls - normally if i smell something odd!

I am feeling much better today - sun is shining here, so probably why!

Thanks ladies Its reassuring that its fairly normal smile smitten get a duvet and watch films on the sofa its my great plan of action today!
roofio sorry its coming back for you too sad

caz maybe you are having a boy??

slippy no idea on the fondant but i think its ok, not heard otherwise myself.

JellyCurls Mon 01-Apr-13 15:24:03

Marking place.

Yesterday DH and I went round about 15 car showrooms trying to find a car where we can get three child seats along the back. Seems they are hard to come by, not sure what we are going to do.

Today i have today wandered round Glasgow city centre looking for maternity clothes or tall clothes to be told shops stock neither and need to order online.

I am home now in a serious grump with terrible pelvic pain. Great Easter weekend!

Hope you all had a better time than me x

fish88 Mon 01-Apr-13 15:39:09

Thanks legally and pink for the reassurance. The midwife said that she didn't think it would be too much of an issue for me but glad to know others have gone on to have babies at healthy weights. I have just always been very slim and have to eat constantly to put any weight on!

Orange I had managed to put on 8/9 pounds before conceiving but lost it within first month due to feeling queasy and off food. The midwife wrote my weight down as the weight I told her I was before conceiving and that put my BMI at almost 17 but was told that was still too underweight.

I know that doctors normally class underweight as under 18 but not sure if that is the same when pregnant. Looking forward to getting back into my food. Pregnancy might be my only chance to get to a normal weight! Going to try and keep some of the baby weight on afterwards. grin

pinkbuttons Mon 01-Apr-13 16:11:57

Hi all, thanks for the new thread pinksy

Sorry to everyone still feeling sick, Im 13+2 today and definitely feeling better generally and then sick as soon as I try and eat anything. Which isnt ideal, on a positive note have only lost 2lbs since pre pregnancy so could be worse. had put on quite a bit already with DS so this is very different!
To everyone discussing sexing scans at 16 weeks is this the earliest you can see? I have a research scan at 15+4 and hoping just a little bit we might be able to find out... Have no idea though.
Hope everyones had a lovely Easter weekend smile

juniper9 Mon 01-Apr-13 16:18:09

I'm having a duvet day. Suffering a lot with low blood pressure at the moment, so spending most of my time horizontally. Sick of feeling light headed and dizzy, with palpitations that make my head throb. Moan moan whinge whinge etc.

cazboldy Mon 01-Apr-13 16:19:01

falcon thats what i'm guessing! grin

Slippysnow Mon 01-Apr-13 17:06:11

Just watched the first episode ever of one born every min. There was a woman who was screaming so loud, I really couldn't stop giggling at her - I really hope karma doesn't come back to bite me on the bum.

Sorry you are feeling rubbish juniper. Thanks for that fish. My BMI was about 17.5 before we started trying, probably a bit underweight, it is now 19.5 which is a good level for me I think. Definitely wouldn't want to be this rounded most of the time but enjoying knowing it is a baby making me more curvy. Today we are clearing out the wardrobe of all my clothes that don't fit anymore to put in the attic. Also cleared out lots of old paperwork this morning. Spring cleaning time without the cleaning products that make me sick!

Soupqueen Mon 01-Apr-13 18:24:55

Thanks for the new thread, pinksky

legallyblonde, one of my friends had non identical twins last week and they're just fine. On the small side, but absolutely perfect.

Is anyone else dreading their scan? I feel like its been ages coming around and I've been so looking forward to it but now that it's close (Wednesday), I'm mostly just terrified. Terrified of a MMC. Terrified of the Downs syndrome test results. I feel sick to my stomach every time I think of the scan. My rational side tells me the odds are overwhelmingly in my favour that everything will be ok but I'm freaked. This is my first pregnancy and my first scan. Does anyone else feel like this?

I'm definitely feeling a bit better (12+3 today) but still having waves of nausea/exhaustion. Also lots of stabbing pains on the left hand side.

Gosh, that was a long old rant, sorry!

Soup I think it is really normal to be worried, I am too, mainly that there will be nothing there. But I am excited as well as it marks the end of first trimester, being able to tell people and start planning.

Natalieand Mon 01-Apr-13 19:15:02

pink u have a very good chance of finding out the sex unless u are particularly over weight or baby doesn't co-operate zxx

pinksky Mon 01-Apr-13 19:52:48

xuntitledx really sorry about the flu. I sympathise as I had it recently and it was awful. Great news about your scan though.

Soup I'm with you. Pretty petrified about the scan. I've been having some anxiety dreams about it. Nothing we can do but wait and as you say things are in our favour.

JellyCurls Mon 01-Apr-13 19:57:17

MoN off to bed now as up at silly o'clock for work tomorrow but wanted to say good luck for your scan tomorrow. Hope you get some good news x

Soupqueen Mon 01-Apr-13 19:59:23

pinksky, me too with the anxiety dreams. Although one did make me laugh. I was running really late so missed the appointment and they'd done the scan without me!?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now