Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

October 2013: where we all make it to the 2nd trimester and begin to glow!

(998 Posts)
pinksky Sun 31-Mar-13 18:07:07

Welcome October passengers--all aboard our new thread (is it number four or five?!). Hope everyone is having a lovely Easter and enjoying an egg or three.

Stats thread HERE

pinksky Sun 31-Mar-13 21:04:06

Busy thread already!

Favellio, v personal choice but you'll be ok with the odd glass if you feel like it? I've tried not to drink 1st trimester but will have a drink when I feel like it later on.

Tucking, hopefully you're on the up now energy/ms wise. I've been trying to forget eating 3 meals a day and having about 5 but small and always just whatever I feel like. Enjoy the Chinese!

Pink, slippy, fish etc I'm glad there's a few of us due late in Oct.

pannacotta, that's so lovely re your sis.

And enjoy your holiday, doobeedee - not jealous at all envy

pinksky Sun 31-Mar-13 21:15:41

fish sorry about the bleeding/spotting. Is it worse when you are particularly active? Mine has pretty much stopped now but definitely was worse after exerting myself. Think that dislodges stuff confused

cherrycherry41 Sun 31-Mar-13 21:35:58

Marking my place on the thread and officially in 2nd trimester! grin
looks in the mirror for the glow... envy

Excited85 Sun 31-Mar-13 21:50:04

Hi all, checked in on last thread but not been back for a little while and seem to have missed a lot! I've got my scan on the 11th, been getting stabbing pains nearly every day for a few wks now, was told it was nothing to worry about but still looking forward to the reassurance.
Have decided October is a great month to be due - not too big over the summer and then lots of friends and family to spend time with little one over Christmas!! Bad news is will prob have to go back to work in Jan... Anyone else on the same boat?

doobeedee Sun 31-Mar-13 22:09:57

Holiday is actually nearly over. Home tomorrow but then straight back out to Germany the same day! Going to be knackered when school starts again next Monday! Weather has been great all week. High 20s but not looking forward to landing back in England in the middle of the night! Brrr!

Hi Fish, my scan is on 17th when I will be 13+0. Feels like a long wait doesn't it! I have been feeling less sick most of the time recently but still tired and really windy blush. My tummy is getting bigger every day but I haven't put on any weight since the 5lb by 5 weeks. I am maybe getting slightly more energy. Yesterday I watched the Davina pregnancy exercise DVD I bought from the sofa... (maybe soon I will actually do it!)

tuckingfits Sun 31-Mar-13 22:17:59

Ugh,dinner did not agree with me. Should have stuck to my plan of shepherds pie!

Flyer747 Sun 31-Mar-13 22:25:17

favellio Great a scan buddy mine is at 1120...roll on the 10th hey! Having a few cramps last night and tonight...worrying myself! I annoy myself at times with my worrisome ways :-) x

Rockchick1984 Sun 31-Mar-13 23:21:10

Marking my place on the lovely new thread!

My scan is a week tomorrow, I'm so scared in case anything has gone wrong (saw heartbeat at 8 weeks). My morning sickness has gone entirely and I'm feeling good apart from being very tired (but am always tired - have a toddler who doesn't sleep smile ). Am I the only one feeling like this? I know I shouldn't worry about feeling good, but I can't help it blush

Hi rock, totally understand! Ive felt fine the while time, odd bit of tiredness and achey boobs but was convinced scan would show sonething wrong! As long as you dont have anything to worry about, DONT! My scan was fine and now and yours will be too, esp as u already seen heartbeat. Chill lady, enjoy feeling well.

rockchick I concur what pinkladyapple says I have very little symptoms for weeks before my scan and I was so nervous going to my scan i thought the worst it was fine totally so please enjoy smile

Wickedgirl Mon 01-Apr-13 07:20:43

My scan is Friday and I'll be 13+2. I can't wait

I haven't been sick for nearly a week so hopefully the worst of the sickness is over now. I haven't out on any weight yet but I'm sure once the nausea and tiredness disappear, my appetite will return.

The insomnia is still driving me mad......I have been up since 4 this morning. With it being school holidays, I can't even sleep this afternoon as I have my other 3 to look after. It is going to be a long day!

Natalieand Mon 01-Apr-13 10:04:33

48 hours from now I shall be parked up at the hospital ready for my scan eeeeeeeek excited much I just can't wait to shout it to the world!

Anyone got anything excited planned for the last day of the extended weekend? I'm off out for dinner AGAIN oops lol genuine reason tho its my baby brothers 18th birthday! Hope u all have a good one xxx

fish88 Mon 01-Apr-13 10:14:00

pink Both times I was at work when the spotting started (teacher in special school so fairly active). The first time I was then snowed in for the weekend so was forced to rest and the second time was just before the Easter weekend started. Both times it has stopped with rest but have also been walking the dogs and sorting out stuff in our new house without it starting again.

tucking Craving shepherds pie now! I'm struggling to eat anything with sauces at the minute, definitly preferring dry, bland foods. Also getting through lots of ready salted crisps.

I'm having consultant-led care because I am underweight and have been told that I will have an extra scan at some point to check the baby is growing as normal. Anyone had this in previous pregnancies and know when the extra scan takes place? Is it between 20 week scan and birth?

legallyblond Mon 01-Apr-13 10:17:44

Morning all - just marking my place! Good luck to all those scanning this week. I am now worrying (lots, especially because there are two of them in there) about the 20 week scan! Mine is on 10th May.... Anyone else?

Still not really believing its twins.... The rules are so different, and I thought I would know it all this time round! Just hope I can make it to September to give birth.....! I am terrified of the quite real possibility of SCBU sad

legallyblond Mon 01-Apr-13 10:22:14

Oh and fish88 - I had this last pregnancy. My BMI was 18 at booking in but because I have previously (many moons ago now thank god!) been hospitalised for anorexia, I was consultant led. I had a planned extra scan at 30 weeks, then a further one at 35 weeks as I was measuring (fundal height - size of bump!) 8 weeks (ie 8cm) too small - DD was perfect sized of course 8lb4oz at 42 weeks (two weeks late). And I list weight quickly after preg again (because of so much breast feeding), but my weight has remained steady at BMI 20-21 since, which I much prefer!!!

Natalieand Mon 01-Apr-13 10:32:50

legally do u not get a 16 week scan? When I was expecting twins earlier in this pregnancy my midwife told me I would be scanned 4 weekly so 12-16-20-24 and so on and so forth..?

fish I had growth scans for the opposite reason to u being over weight and I had them also at 30 weeks and 35 weeks. So must be standard times they do growth scans

pinksky Mon 01-Apr-13 10:39:04

Fish, I have a friend who is 39 weeks and her bmi is still low. She has had extra growth scans, roughly every 4 weeks after 20 weeks. Not sure if they'll offer you as many? I'm seeing her tomorrow for lunch so can ask if you like. By the way, she's had a good pregnancy, baby has done really well and is a good size. She has suffered with low blood pressure.

Have a lovely day everyone, so nice to hear about scans etc, even 20 week ones, wow!

legallyblond Mon 01-Apr-13 10:49:21

Natalie, because my twins are the low risk kind (separate sacs and separate placentas), the scan every 4 weeks only kicks in after the 20 week scan. Then it's every 2 weeks from 32 weeks... I still just hope they both make it...! X

Natalieand Mon 01-Apr-13 10:55:10

Oh no that's a shame legallyhow lush would 4 weekly scans have been lol. I'm sure everything will be fine with them as you said it is low risk for a twin pregnancy, plus getting to 12 weeks is a big hurdle for multiple pregnancies isn't it xxx

Fish, what BMI did they count as underweight if you don't mind me asking? Different books and websites give different BMIs as a healthy minimum. I tried to get mine up quite dramatically before conceiving and in the first month or so of pregnancy so I think I should now be fine but I found it very confusing knowing what the healthy level was.

legallyblond Mon 01-Apr-13 11:35:31

I was always told 18 - 25 is healthy. They only did the scans for me with a BMI of 18 because of my history I think. That said, to be discharged from hospital care for the eating disorder (by that stage outpatient) you had to get to 19.5...

xuntitledx Mon 01-Apr-13 11:46:48

Morning all! I haven't been around for a while as I've been really ill with the flu sad however I had my scan last week and all looked perfect! I can't stop staring at the pictures, roll on the next scan!

Feeling much better this week, symptoms seemed to have eased off and I've lost 1/2 stone but I'm blaming that on the flu rather than anything else.

Morning all!

My next scan is May 9th legally but i am a wee bit tempted to go for a private sexing scan in 2 weeks lol just a wee bit i probably wont....maybe grin

Hope everyone is enjoying the long weekend and playing a few tricks today wink

Natalieand Mon 01-Apr-13 12:45:51

falcon how many weeks will that make u at the private sexing scan? I'm feeling tempted too and I haven't even had my 12 week scan yet haha

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now