Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

October 2013: where we all make it to the 2nd trimester and begin to glow!

(998 Posts)
pinksky Sun 31-Mar-13 18:07:07

Welcome October passengers--all aboard our new thread (is it number four or five?!). Hope everyone is having a lovely Easter and enjoying an egg or three.

Stats thread HERE

tuckingfits Sun 31-Mar-13 18:10:13

Well done pinksky!!

pinksky Sun 31-Mar-13 18:13:05

Cheers tucking, how are you doing today?

Marking place. Happy easter ladies

Thread Five chatty ladies!

Hope you are all having a lovely easter, did a car boot today with my lovely sis, £60 each for old tat I've been clearing out the loft! xx

cazboldy Sun 31-Mar-13 18:16:10

thanks Pinksky

roofio87 Sun 31-Mar-13 18:19:26

hello ladies!! another thread already eh!! I just had a lovely pork roast dinner (even if I do say so my myself!) my dp is heading out soon so I plan to eat every bit of chocolate I can find in the house once he's gone! hope everyone else is having a fab day!!grin grin

thanks pinksy thread number 5 grin

favellio Sun 31-Mar-13 18:37:32

Happy Easter everyone grin
Sorry I've not been posting much, been Crazy busy at work!
I'm getting so impatient for my scan now. I've got to wait until 10th April sad
In 3 weeks me and DH are flying out to Sorrento, Italy, for 10 days (belated honeymoon from our wedding last August) and its just dawned on me that we're going all inclusive and I won't be able to take advantage of the unlimited booze sob I wonder if they let me fill an empty suitcase with local wine to bring home ready for after baby's here wink
How's everyone doing symptom wise?? My sickness has eased but still getting nauseous from time to time. My boobs are growing at an alarming rate and my nipples are really sensitive and sore!! I had a scary time last week when I had pretty much constant cramping and stabbing pains for 5 days, but luckily no bleeding.
Sorry for long post but thought I better check in grin xx

pinksky Sun 31-Mar-13 18:44:33

Number five! What motor mouths grin

Good work blondies, so satisfying car booting (except for the vultures that go through your stuff as you unpack)

Favellio I remember you mentioning your belated honeymoon. Sure you'll have a fab time but I understand your pain not getting to enjoy the booze. Great that you'll scan before you go. Me and a few others have 9th April scans.

fish88 Sun 31-Mar-13 19:18:58

Also had a crazy month and not had anytime to post. Moved house as well so had no internet for a few weeks. Got a spare room now to later become the nursery smile

My due date is not until 26th October so no scan here until 16th April which seems ages away but I will be 12+2 so is on time. Anyone else scanning this late?

Had a couple of worrying few weeks, had some brown discharge/brown spotting on two occasions but after having a panic I spoke to the midwife who calmed me down. Said to try not to worry unless it is heavy or red or getting painful cramps with it which I haven't. Luckily both times it cleared up within an hour or two. Can't wait until the scan so that I can be reassured that baby is still in there.

Haylebop12 Sun 31-Mar-13 19:25:24

Marking place, will catch up later :-)

Happy Easter to all x

doobeedee Sun 31-Mar-13 19:26:23

I feel your pain favellio. I'm on an all inclusive hol in tenerife right now. OH making up for me not drinking unfortunately! At least you can have lots of nice food!

cazboldy Sun 31-Mar-13 19:30:35

fish my ds 1's birthday is the 26th smile

tuckingfits Sun 31-Mar-13 19:40:29

thanks for asking pinksky! I actually feel a lot better the last few days,only feel sick if I get hungry so I'm trying to avoid that! Energy levels are slightly improved (thank god as I'm hammering through a customer's ironing this afternoon/evening that usually takes me 3 evenings but haven't had time to do it due to work & then I had Friday night off but just had to go to bed once my son was asleep),am now exhausted with half of it still to do. I think I will have a lot more this week too & work have changed my shifts to tue,wed,Thu nights so that I don't have to do the weekend ones as they were getting fed up with me spending an hour vomming after 11.30pm! Fair enough! Should make scheduling my own business requirements a bit easier...

fish - I'm having my scan on Wednesday,I think I'll be 12+ 3 or 4. Not entirely sure! I already feel as though I've been pregnant forever,but I think that's because I knew before I got a positive & then felt grim for so long.

My sister is here for dinner,just gone to pick up a Chinese takeaway ( I wanted to make shepherds pie but dp wanted Chinese...) I'm having a couple of starters as that's what took my fancy. Hope it's here soon,am just realising I'm getting starving!

how's everyone else doing?

favellio Sun 31-Mar-13 19:47:02

Doobeedee- lucky you! I wish I was on holiday right now. Hope you're having a lovely time? I'm bloody freezing! Can you send some sun towards Essex please? grin I'm also pretty sure my DH will drink my fill of the all inclusive alcohol too lol I may have to have the odd cheeky sip of the local stuff to say i tried it but certainty won't be having a glassful or anything like that! Definitely looking forward to the food.....especially the Italian Gelato ice cream (my current craving!) I couldn't believe it when my midwife told me I wasn't allowed to eat Mr Whippy ice cream over the summer angry

Flyer747 Sun 31-Mar-13 20:04:10

Thanks for new thread. Whoever is scanning on the 10th April me too...seems ages to wait I will be nearly 13 weeks then. Roll on next week.
Have a lovely Easter all xx

TinyCC Sun 31-Mar-13 20:13:13

Thanks for the new thread.

Just when I thought I'd got over the constant tiredness I've spent the afternoon asleep on the sofa. Not feeling sick much now but that might be because I have toothache and earache so need to book in at a dentist sooner rather than later (I hate hate hate the dentist but it would be daft not to take advantage of free treatment).

I've decided I need to stop googling things as I'm sending myself into a panic over stupid things that I have absolutely no reason to worry about.

Slippysnow Sun 31-Mar-13 20:15:03

fish I'm being scanned on April 15th when I will be 12 weeks exactly. So I'm late with you sad

pinkmoonlight Sun 31-Mar-13 20:16:10

Hi fish- I'm due on the 25th and my scan is Fri 12th April! I think we're going to be the last few on here to have a scan smile

Hello ladies, just heading home from a big family lunch with a giant bag of chocolate grin.

I'll be 13 weeks on my scan, it does feel late but still within time for nuchal fold scan, so I can't really object. My sister told everyone about being pg today, we are due 3 weeks apart, both first dcs. Everyone was really happy for us both - our babes will be cousin twins. Hope you've all had lovely days x x

favellio Sun 31-Mar-13 20:25:14

Hey flyer747 we're scan buddies grin mines at 10am. I can't wait now but keep having vivid dreams that the 5 pregnancy tests I did were wrong, my symptoms are all in my mind and I've just used being preggers as an excuse to eat lots of crap and justify getting fat blush

HotSoupDumpling Sun 31-Mar-13 20:40:46

Thanks pinksky! Feeling like RUBbISh. So unfortunately, no, I have not forgotten I'm pregs!

racheld33 Sun 31-Mar-13 20:42:15

Hi all, just marking my place on the new thread.
Been potty training my DS this weekend (2.5) which has been hit and miss!
Sooooooo jealous of doobeedee on holiday smile

fish88 Sun 31-Mar-13 20:45:01

Feel better now I know I'm not the only one who still has ages before the scan. We have already told family/friends/work so not waiting for that but just wanting a bit of reassurance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now