Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sept 2013 - kicks, prods and finding out the sex...

(1000 Posts)
LexyMa Sat 30-Mar-13 17:25:53

here we all are... hoping for nice clear 20w. scans, not too much inadvertent weeing and getting that 'glow'...

Karney1 Tue 07-May-13 16:57:20

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

fl0b0t Sun 28-Apr-13 12:14:44

Jammy heard great things about angelcare monitors. SIL has one which she swears by! Think we may ask for one as PIL want to buy something for the baby, but as we're getting everything second hand, I don't think they want to buy second hand!

frogchops Sat 27-Apr-13 18:53:20

Am just having a look at monitors.... Swotting up prior to the baby show on 18th so I know what I'm talking about when I get there. Might still be worth getting it off amazon though, the amazon family is very good!

JammyTummy Sat 27-Apr-13 18:51:19

Oh that never came up as a clicky link... sorry... Will this work?

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/pregnancy/1742713-September-2013-Babies-the-Glowing-Trimester

JammyTummy Sat 27-Apr-13 18:50:20

Link to new thread before this one runs out smile
http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/pregnancy/1742713-September-2013-Babies-the-Glowing-Trimester

JammyTummy Sat 27-Apr-13 18:42:42

I couldn't contain myself and just bought baby bump a DVF for Gap Kids dress. Beautiful yellow and white print wrap dress for when she is big enough next summer! So so nice.

I also bought our baby monitor today- somehow managed to get £38 off (on top of its value) through Amazon Family! It's the Angel Care one with the motion monitor pad. Has anyone had experience with one of these? Online reviews generally said it was brill.

Ooh we need a new thread!

BinarySolo Sat 27-Apr-13 18:36:30

I'm very happy to be having a second son. Weirdly everyone thought it was a girl cos I was sick so often. I couldn't imagine having a girl and we were struggling to agree on a girls name.

Seems odd that we've all had different advice for the placenta previa. I was told that if I had any pain or bleeding to head to a&e. I think they term it pelvic rest which generally means refrain from intercourse!

Creamtea1 Sat 27-Apr-13 15:20:15

I've just eaten a banana sandwich - this is unheard of in my 36 years!

Re this whole thing about mother/daughter bond. I have 2 sons who I think I am so close to, I don't see how a daughter would be any 'more' close. Also I myself am much closer to my dad than my mum - I am nervous of having a girl for the reason that there is this whole expectation that its so magical, and I also dislike the inference that a mother/daughter relationship is somehow better/closer/more special than between mother and son.

frogchops Sat 27-Apr-13 13:34:48

Very nearly at the end of our lovely thread!!

Wincher Sat 27-Apr-13 11:28:05

That question is so rude! How dare people ask about your sex life.

We have decided to find out he sex at our scan on MonMondayy if we can. I worry that I will be a tiny bit disappointed if it is a second boy, so I'd rather process my feelings about that now than after the birth. Two boys would be lovely really! But my mum, gran and mil have all separately said to me that there's something about the bond with a daughter that is so special. And we're not having any more after this one!

KamikazeeKid Sat 27-Apr-13 10:33:25

Ps whilst we never found out I'm going with gut instinct again and think this bump is blue! Im a little worried that I'll then be pining for a girl but we are stopping at 2. But the whole time I'm sitting there saying shut up love you are lucky to have babies! Especially as I had so much trouble falling with ds and 2 losses.

I think I was last to come clean in this group and am finding the first question post announcement is "oh, was it planned? " errr yes but what does that matter? I dont think ive ever asked someone that! Im early 30s with a toddler in tow so I would think theres a fairly obvious answer to that. ...

KamikazeeKid Sat 27-Apr-13 10:27:52

I too wasn't told to rest, avoid sex or lifting? just told wait until 32 week scan....
I had baby laying out on belly this morning and bubs moved when I stroked belly! Love the growth stage.

Ds red cheek just one side today with a little rash on cheek but no where else....yet! Childminders said no one in setting has had she sees it more at school age.

flipflump Sat 27-Apr-13 07:57:31

Congrats Binary, another boy added to the thread. I'm so excited everyone is finding out the sex, just wish ours had been confirmed too. I have a feeling it's a boy. grin

I also wasn't told to avoid sex, lifting and wasn't told to rest. I haven't had any bleeding, could that be why? Should I be more careful? I was told if there were any problems to contact my midwife, I guess she would then insist on taking it easier.

CharlW1 Sat 27-Apr-13 06:56:55

Oh and great news about having another boy Binary smile

CharlW1 Sat 27-Apr-13 06:55:55

Binary that's what me flip and Kami have - they didn't say to me about a sex ban though and said there really was nothing to worry about until they check again at the 32 week scan can see where it is then.
I had to see a consultant in the week too about low platelets and anti bodies and he said I would also be under him with regards to the placenta previa and not to worry at this stage but he did say bleeds were more common but I'm trying not to worry too much at the moment - which is easier said than done.

Wow Flip can not believe there is a January thread! We have all come such a long way smile

I also forgot to say earlier that it's lovely to hear all the scan news smile

BinarySolo Sat 27-Apr-13 06:30:20

Finally had my second scan yesterday. We're having another boy which we're both very happy about. Baby is healthy, but I have placenta previa. Google is not my friend. It all seems to be s are stories resulting in c sections, bed rest and bleeding. Sonographer seemed confident it will move. Have next scan in 11 weeks and have a sex ban and no heavy lifting rule in place until then!

flipflump Fri 26-Apr-13 22:46:44

There's a January 2014 thread now! We've come such a long way since our first Sept 2013 thread!! grin

flipflump Fri 26-Apr-13 21:17:57

Yes, excited to get an extra peek! Sonographer was unable to tell us what we're having. Wriggling around too much, we'll ask again at 34.

I haven't had much movement. Also, wondered if that's because of the anterior, low lying placenta.

CharlW1 Fri 26-Apr-13 21:17:33

Kami I was really worried as I wasn't feeling baby much at all - over the last couple of days I have felt her a little more but I do think it's the place of the placenta as to why I am not feeling more.

CharlW1 Fri 26-Apr-13 20:17:34

Mine is 32 weeks smile I'm glad I'll get to see baby again before giving birth!

KamikazeeKid Fri 26-Apr-13 20:16:26

Flip mines low too and covering cervix. ...are fellow low lyers not feeling baby lots? I feel bubs but no where near as much as ds....

I'm annoyed with myself as I want to enjoy and make the most of pregnancy as will be last time but realising I'm worrying all the time again!

flipflump Fri 26-Apr-13 19:52:11

Charl, I didn't know just how many move, that's fantastic. I won't plan for a water birth but if I'm told nearer the time I'm able to try it, then it will be a bonus!! Fingers crossed we all get good news at the next scan. My next one is 34, when's yours?

kimjayne Fri 26-Apr-13 19:00:31

Haven't had much chance to keep up with mumsnet since yesterday but have found all.the responses to my post about labour anxiety really useful. It's reassuring to know Im not alone in my concerns but also nice to hear done of your past birthing experiences and your thoughts on birthing plans and pain relief. My ideal would be a birthing pool so Im just keeping everything crossed that there's one available. I.hope there were done lovely scans today? smile
I'm knackered after a busy week at work but Im on my way home to make a birthday cake for my Nanna which I really can't be arsed doing ... Is that really bad? I just have no energy. plus she's one of the people who's been quite negative about my.pregnancy so that doesn't help.

CharlW1 Fri 26-Apr-13 18:55:56

flip I have a low lying placenta too - mines also right over my cervix. I think there a few on the thread with low lying placentas - in 95% of cases it will move up.

Dorita I know the feeling - I have been terrible this week. I snapped when some one yet again felt it was fine to pass comment on what I was eating. There was a big group of us who all went out for a meal - I eat no more than anyone else but had 2 comments about clearing my plate! It is just so rude - my reply was that at least I wasn't drinking .so hadn't consumed another 2000 calories (everyone was drinking heavily) as well as the meal!

Dorita75 Fri 26-Apr-13 18:31:30

Anyone having emotional outbursts? Thought I'd escaped but I massively overreacted to DP's question about when I was walking the dog this morning! I'd said I'd walk her after having a shower which to me meant shower/breakfast/get dressed. As I made a cuppa and toast he asked and jokingly said 'ah, look at her little face I thought you were taking her after your shower' to which I burst into tears and got upset about him being 'bossy' and would he keep telling me what to do with a baby too? Usually I'd say something like 'do you want to walk her?' and give him a sarcastic stare. It's only my mum's dog we're looking after for 4 days too! OMG, my hormones have crept up on me!!!!

This thread is not accepting new messages.