Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sept 2013 - kicks, prods and finding out the sex...

(1000 Posts)
LexyMa Sat 30-Mar-13 17:25:53

here we all are... hoping for nice clear 20w. scans, not too much inadvertent weeing and getting that 'glow'...

PurplePoppySeed Sat 30-Mar-13 22:12:05

Wow, I can never keep up! Just caught up again and tried to nub theory on my scan pics only to find I don't have any pics at the right angle to use angry. Would love to know now as it feels like an age to the next scan (2nd May).

I've just started to get these stretching pains too, can't believe how much more painful they are than I expected, does everyone get them this strongly? I just can't remember any pregnant friends mentioning it!

BinarySolo Sat 30-Mar-13 22:33:33

Wow. 2 pages of a new thread already! Eaten far too much chocolate today. This pregnancy should be sponsored by Cadburys.

CheeseStrawCraving Sat 30-Mar-13 22:44:31

Ooh binary, do you think they'll do that if we collectively wrote to them? The September thread, sponsored by Cadbury's?!

Poonli Sat 30-Mar-13 23:35:09

Just marking my place x

flipflump Sun 31-Mar-13 08:01:12

Marking my place.

Happy Easter everyone, trying not to go crazy on the chocolate. Midwife appointment on Wednesday and I'm sure I've gained way too much already but I'm too scared to step on the scales. Hope everyone is having a good break. We're in at my parents, I have everyone spoiling me, it's lovely! My gorgeous 4 yr old nephew has asked several time "is the baby still in there?" and "how will you get it out?" cue me "um ask your mummy!!!"

flipflump Sun 31-Mar-13 08:03:16

Me again. I'm almost 17 weeks and haven't received 20 week scan date, should I chase the hospital?

Also, anyone else 17 weeks with first baby not feeling movement? Feel like I'm missing out/being left behind.

HettySunshine Sun 31-Mar-13 08:42:33

Flipflump, I'm 16+2 and I haven't felt so much as a flutter yet. I think it can be up to 20 weeks with a first baby so we might have a bit of a wait yet.

It's like waiting for the 12 week scan all over again!

frogchops Sun 31-Mar-13 09:00:08

Happy Easter everyone, the one thing I've gone off in pregnancy is chocolate. How inconvenient :-/

JoCheshire10 Sun 31-Mar-13 09:07:59

Morning Everyone -Happy Easter! Really tempted to start on the chocolate eggs..

I'm 14 +4, first baby and felt a few weird movements last night. I don't think it was wind or digestion, felt like little bits of air popping inside my tummy and also some other mini movements. Not having had a baby before not sure whether this is too early to feel movements? Wondering if I imagined it... smile

redandyellowandpinkandgreen Sun 31-Mar-13 09:35:20

Happy Easter everyone.

I'm feeling crap. Lots of headaches, the doctor has given me antibiotics as he thought it might be sinuses but I'm nearly at the end of the course and no better yet. Plus nausea has hit a bit late, I keep coughing so much I'm sick. Eugh. No chance of a rest either with a two year old and this morning he was up at 5.30am I'm waiting to start glowing, I look knackered and haggard at the moment.

CharlW1 Sun 31-Mar-13 10:05:13

flip I'm 17 weeks and haven't felt anything - the midwife said to me that as it's my first not to expect to feel anything until 20 - 21 weeks. Both my sisters didn't feel anything until 20 - 21 weeks with their first and then it wasn't all the tIme so trying not to worry to much.

CharlW1 Sun 31-Mar-13 10:06:26

Oh and I woikd chase the hospital flip particularly as it is a baby boom year.

fl0b0t Sun 31-Mar-13 11:08:36

jammy I had one of those stretching pains last night when I got up from the toilet- it was really bad. Like a stab. Took me a few minutes to catch my breath, it was quite alarming. I'm still surprised by how calm I've been throughout it all!

Ion we found out yesterday that our boiler isn't working so it's on average about 14 degrees around the house and we have no hot water. Bums. We've left messages with a couple of plumbers but no replies yet. Don't want to pay for an emergency plumber so not sure how long we'll be cold for.

flip everywhere is different- so it might be worth chasing (I didn't get my 12 week scan date until week 11 and they booked my 20week in whilst I was there.

Also, don't panic about feeling left behind- my original due date was 23 sept and I spent the first 12 weeks panicking about being left behind. Mms net threads are good as we can voice our fears and have a good chinwag but don't let them stress you out. I made that mistake! The Internet says that you're unlikely to feel movement til 20weeks with your first. I'm convinced I felt something at 13 weeks but who knows? Could have been wind!

Spent last night doing some experimental Easter baking and currently still in bed. Sould probably get up and wash y face (brrrrrrrr).

Dorita75 Sun 31-Mar-13 13:39:19

Same here flip no movement yet, too early for number 1 I think. Like hetty I'm 16+2. Have had a bit of twingy feeling on the left side, nothing sharp or stabby. I'm being very good and not worrying! Just assume there's a lot going on so it's all normal...

Watched One Born Every Minute last night, that poor couple, so positive though. It's made me try to be healthier (I know it wasn't anything they did, it just made me want to do my best for this little bub inside) I need to increase my veg&fruit intake and stop reaching for cheese for every meal...which is possible now I'm feeling much less sick...Finally grin

Enjoy chocolate and slobbing out today everyone! (except you frog just the slobbing for you if you can!)

frogchops Sun 31-Mar-13 14:08:20

On the subject of fruit and veg..,. Anyone got any suggestions for someone that really doesn't like veg? I just really can't stand green veg, and I think the only thing I like is probably parsnips :-/ and salad veggies :-/. I eat things like peas, carrots etc in pies, cottage pie etc but wouldn't put them on a meal on their own. I'm worried I'm not getting enough.

jennimoo Sun 31-Mar-13 14:15:31

Frog - pasta / pizza sauce with carrots peppers and anything else you've got like mushrooms courgettes (red lentils are good too) and blitz it all up.

jennimoo Sun 31-Mar-13 15:37:19

Just reread my post, I meant you add these things to a normal tomato sauce (tinned tomatoes, onions, garlic etc...) would be weird just the extra veg!

badguider Sun 31-Mar-13 16:00:51

Found you all!

Happy Easter. Hope everybody's having a nice day. I'm having a bit of a wobble I'm afraid.

So, today I am 17+3 and I don't have any movements and I don't really have a 'bump' as such.. I've got a rounded out tummy, and no waist, sort of an 'apple' shape but to be honest I've seen many people who have a stomach like this and aren't pregnant. Nobody who didn't know me (and many who do know me) would know I am pregnant.

It's still another week tomorrow before I get my 16(?) week appointment so I've had nothing since the 12wk scan... am beginning to worry that I'm not actually pregnant at all anymore sad

I still have giant boobs and occassional waves of exhaustion and mild nausea... so I suppose I'm just being stupid, but everybody else I know about 17/18 weeks just seems so much MORE pregnant than I do... envy

weebarra Sun 31-Mar-13 16:19:25

Badguider, I know what you mean, even though this is my third, I'm not sure if I've felt any movement. I'm fat anyway so just look fat and don't have my next MW appt till next week when I'll be 18 weeks. I just hope she hears the heartbeat and that can put my mind at rest a bit.

badguider Sun 31-Mar-13 16:36:26

weebarra - your midwife's name isn't 'Shani' is it? (just that i know you're in the same city as me and my mw appt is late cause she's on holiday).

flipflump Sun 31-Mar-13 17:14:27

Thank you everyone, you're right, it's very early and no need to worry about not feeling movements. Hopefully at my midwife app she'll listen for the heartbeat and put my mind at ease. Badguider, I'm with you on that one, don't really look different, morning sickness has gone, I feel great but starting to worry something's wrong. I need reassurance. The 20 week scan can't come quick enough, if I've not got a date soon, I'll give them a call. Hopefully it will be on time, so should only have a 3 week wait.

JoCheshire10 Sun 31-Mar-13 17:20:32

Bad guider-I had a wobble the other day. After being in hospital for minor bleeding I was convinced my bump had shrunk...

My dh assured me it hadn't and it seems to have sprunk up even more over night. My bump is quite big but a friend of mine looks smaller than me at over 30 weeks with her second, we're all in different shapes/sizes. Yours will spring up when it's ready smile

frogchops Sun 31-Mar-13 18:04:32

Thanks jennimoo, although I'd actually rather vomit than eat a mushroom! :-/ I'm rubbish at this game!

Creamtea1 Sun 31-Mar-13 18:42:53

badguider we are the same number of days/weeks exactly and I mentally ticked off all your worries as I read your post. No movements to speak of (and it's my third) no bump just apple shape no waist - fatter to those who know me, those who don't wouldn't look twice. Feeling lots better bar the odd headache.
Only thing I have noticed is that I appear to be having a very grumpy/moody week sad

redandyellowandpinkandgreen Sun 31-Mar-13 19:16:53

Honestly badguider don't worry. In my first pregnancy I was in my normal clothes until 18 or 20 weeks and hadn't gained a pound. I thought I was feeling some fluttering but didn't get a proper kick until I was about 22 weeks. This time I'm rounder but I think your stomach muscles give up earlier second time. I haven't felt any definite movements yet. Last time I don't think I felt pregnant until maybe 30 weeks, I've hardly had any symptoms this time around either.

This thread is not accepting new messages.