Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sept 2013 - kicks, prods and finding out the sex...

(1000 Posts)
LexyMa Sat 30-Mar-13 17:25:53

here we all are... hoping for nice clear 20w. scans, not too much inadvertent weeing and getting that 'glow'...

JammyTummy Sat 30-Mar-13 17:33:49

Is this thread number 6 now? Gosh we like a blether...

smallsmith Sat 30-Mar-13 17:41:51

Hello, may I join this lovely new thread please? Have been wanting to join for ages, but am a bit of a 'now and then' mumsnetter, and kept chickening out as it seems you will all know each other by now! Will try and do better at keeping up with the conversation...

Am definitely still waiting for the glow Lexy, still more grey than anything I think!

LexyMa Sat 30-Mar-13 18:04:19

welcome, smallsmith !!

please do jump in, add yourself to the stats thread if you like, too!

Should we add another element to the stats? Boy/Girl/Surprise?

it took us exactly 3.5 weeks to fill up the last thread - there are either a lot of us or we yak away like grannies in the hairdressers.

smallsmith Sat 30-Mar-13 18:10:29

Thanks Lexy - stats added. But forgot to add the boy/girl/surprise - gaaah the baby brain strikes again, sorry smile

TripleRock Sat 30-Mar-13 18:18:29

Just marking my place. Happy Easter weekend ladies!

Dorita75 Sat 30-Mar-13 18:23:43

Marking my place. Happy Easter everyone!!

MrsMc82 Sat 30-Mar-13 18:26:48

Yay new thread. .... hope everyone is doing wellfeeling a bit ...

Just wondering if anyone is still knackered and feeling a bit (very) whingey?
I'm 15 weeks on mon and could still sleep for England. ...and my knees neck elbows and hips are aching like mad..... dh has been amusing ds all day and I've been dozing all afternoon and still feel shattered. ...
Am I being pathetic? ......

HettySunshine Sat 30-Mar-13 18:29:13

Making my place. Been on the sofa all day playing a computer game on my pc. Bliss! grin

Just checking in!

Wincher Sat 30-Mar-13 18:47:48

Evening all! I'm feeling pretty good at the mo, touch wood!

JoCheshire10 Sat 30-Mar-13 18:50:59

Mrs-I'm exactly the same...shattered still all the time.

Went to a spa today and had a lovely relax, but almost fell asleep during my facial..

Lovely dh is making me tea now whilst I relax on the sofa smile Saturday nights aren't as crazy as they used to be!

Creamtea1 Sat 30-Mar-13 19:00:10

Checking in, thanks for new thread lexy

Refuse to lift a finger for bedtime/dinner tonight as DH can do it after getting at 2.40am last night and then sleeping in till midday! Cue much hungover creeping this aft hmm

CheeseStrawCraving Sat 30-Mar-13 19:02:09

Hiya, marking place, Happy Easter! 17w, still knackered, massively bad back, and addicted to playing candy crush on my ipad... Hmmm.

CheeseStrawCraving Sat 30-Mar-13 19:02:56

ION I have bunny icons thingys on my mn... grin

juniper9 Sat 30-Mar-13 19:22:30

Someone on AIBU commented that the biscuit looks like a bunny who's fallen down face first.

CharlW1 Sat 30-Mar-13 19:51:51

Just marking my place - happy Easter everyone! Jupiter totally agree with biscuit comment [bugging].

thanks all the the advice on itchy nipples - lots of body lotion is working!

This is my first pregnancy and I can not believe how everyone wants to touch my bump (17 weeks but being told by everyone how big it is!). So many people are saying I am having a girl because weight has gone on bum and thighs but I think it's because I have been having 1 to many treats - will find out in 3 weeks time smile

Jammy not sure if anyone else has said this but sounds like you might be getting a urinary tract infection - if it almost aches at the end and burns it might be a UTI

CharlW1 Sat 30-Mar-13 19:52:56

[bugging] is meant to be grin

SGJ Sat 30-Mar-13 20:02:44

Another new thread! We are good at chat. In a caravan on the Isle of Wight for a week - it's lovely but FREEZING!! Felt lots of movements today - child must be protesting against the weather smile

lovesteaandcake Sat 30-Mar-13 20:08:04

Can I join please. I'm almost 17 weeks with DC2 & am beginning to feel the aches coming back! I swear they didn't happen this early last time.
Am still getting some sickness too, & this constant horrible taste in my mouth. Anyone else got this??

I'm counting down the days till next scan as really want to know the sex this time.

Been out all day & now feeling the need for some Easter chocolate to numb the pain!

JammyTummy Sat 30-Mar-13 20:19:31

Ahhh Charl I hope you're wrong! I wouldn't say that it is achey, it's just like a tightening type feeling (don't really know how to explain it) and definitely no burning so I'm hopeful!

I have a roast chicken with the works in the oven, SO excited!

CharlW1 Sat 30-Mar-13 20:25:56

Jammy it will hopefully be just baby having a good wriggle and pressing on your bladder then smile

Your dinner doings like it is going to be seriously delish!

CharlW1 Sat 30-Mar-13 20:26:40

sounds not doing - double baby brain today!

JoCheshire10 Sat 30-Mar-13 20:50:06

Jammy-I've been getting tightening type pains too-but all has turned out to be trapped wind...hope yours sorts itself out smile

frogchops Sat 30-Mar-13 21:30:45

Jammy was it you who mentioned the tight stretchy feeling when you get up from the toilet?? This is what I had a week off work from, I dreaded going to the toilet cos it took a good half hr to calm down again. It was classed as ligament pain by my dr, although worried me loads! I get it now sometimes when I move too quickly.
New pains on the block are sharp pains on my left, only last seconds but I'm sure there's something going on in there. Doesn't feel like the stretchy ones I'm used to so I'm thinking could it be baby? Too early at 15+3?

This thread is not accepting new messages.