Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

December 2013

(1000 Posts)
TakingTheStairs Mon 25-Mar-13 09:20:41

<whispers into the dark> hellllooooo. Anyone there?

I got my BFP this morning and my EDD date is December 5th. Baby number 1.
Anyone else yet?

harry78 Wed 24-Apr-13 21:18:44

Ooh what does lactulose do?

QueenofWhispers Wed 24-Apr-13 21:24:53

lactulose makes you poooh.

I'm not a fan. I've gone a crazy spinach binge which is making itself quite obvious.

MildredH Wed 24-Apr-13 22:22:55

I think I'll be tackling a carton of prune juice in the next day or so.. Actually starting to think this constipation is contributing to the nausea..

Glamorous eh? wink

harry78 Wed 24-Apr-13 23:04:01

Help ladies? TMI alert, but have just seen some brown thick mucus stuff when I wiped (sorry I did say tmi blush)what do you reckon? I've had nothing up till now... I'm 6+2 sad

ChocolateCremeEggBag Wed 24-Apr-13 23:10:13

Harry78 brown gunk is totally normal, just old blood etc coming out mixed with some cm.
I've had it on and off with this one and with DS in the first trimester.
With my mc before Christmas, I was getting bright and dark red when I wiped every so often and even then got told that was nothing to worry about (my MC was a potential MMC as bean had stopped growing at 6 weeks, when I got scanned at 8 weeks but then passed it naturally the day after that)

Won't stop you knicker checking but brown is ok

harry78 Wed 24-Apr-13 23:14:17

I feel sick :sad

harry78 Wed 24-Apr-13 23:16:00

Thanks for your words of encouragement chocolatecremeeggbag

TakingTheStairs Thu 25-Apr-13 09:00:30

Mildred Constipation will be making you feel worse for sure. Pressure internally right where you're most sensitive!

Harry I'm sure your brown stuff will be fine. xx

Feather and 2Labs fingers crossed and positive vibes being sent to both of you.

I've started a new thread as we're almost out of room on this thread. Just posting the link here so you guys can find it later

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/antenatal_clubs/1740732-December-2013-part-2

FluffyDucky Thu 25-Apr-13 09:06:16

Is there a limit to the number of posts on a thread?

Does anyone else have trouble brushing their teeth? The noise and sensation has always made me feel blurgh (I hate hearing people brush their teeth!) But not it makes me want to gag pushing the toothbrush (electric) around
I wore a sleep bra last night to help, found it slightly uncomfy but I think that's because I'm not sued to it. I certainly kept them from doing their own thing lol

MildredH Thu 25-Apr-13 09:19:44

Taking- you're right!

Had a coffee and orange juice with breakfast this morning and things are moving ( lovely I know!).

Day off today in the sunshine.. Don't quite know what to do with myself! Shopping is a tempting option especially as its payday! Clothes shopping has slightly lost its appeal, although having had a bit of a meltdown yesterday trying to find something to wear for work that didn't look like a sausage skin, I'm thinking some loose tops may be the order of the day!

featherbag Thu 25-Apr-13 09:45:16

Just left gynae ward - cervix closed, bleeding stopped for now, re-scan in a week and have to go back if bleeding starts again. Another week's sick note and one pissed off boss (not to mention one bored nurse, I don't 'do' resting!). I'm fed up hmm

harry78 Thu 25-Apr-13 09:47:30

oh featherbag... at least its stopped huh? Look after yourself flowers

MildredH Thu 25-Apr-13 09:50:32

Glad things seemed ok Feather.. I know what you mean about boredom- I got signed off for nearly two weeks a few wks back with bleeding. Having lots of time to navel stare isn't great for you when you're used to being busy. I used it to do a big job in the house I'd been putting off for ages which made me feel slightly less frustrated!

Don't stress about your boss- you've been signed off. My gp said he/I couldn't override that even if we wanted to as medico legally not covered if something happens..

Do you also work in a hosp? Almost the least understanding employers when it's the staff who are sick I've found!

featherbag Thu 25-Apr-13 10:18:02

I do - A&E, so there aren't even any 'easier' roles I could do.

TakingTheStairs Thu 25-Apr-13 10:31:41

FluffyDucky yep only 1000 posts allowed per thread.

feather I'm glad the bleeding has stopped. it's a pain when your boss is hacked off isn't it. Fingers crossed this week goes okay for you and you're not too bored
x

MildredH Thu 25-Apr-13 10:55:41

Yeesh Feather. A&E def a high intensity job!

I'm a med SHO so my ward job at least not so bad, just the on calls which are harder. First set of nights since finding out this weekend- expecting to feel wiped.

Hope you've at least got the sunshine wherever you are today!

featherbag Thu 25-Apr-13 13:53:33

Thanks Mildred - my job may be high intensity, but having seen the hours our poor SHOs are expected to work I feel for you! I have a job interview on Tuesday, for a job in the same trust although Band 6 and totally different job (better hours, higher basic = same take-home but without the 13hour 24/7 shifts). I should be ok to go to that even if I'm signed off, shouldn't I? I haven't been signed off from being on the premises, just from doing my physically demanding job!

Anyone else completely lost their appetite? I really struggled to make myself eat yesterday but it's a bit better today. I'm 5+5 right now.

Also, when is everyone booking in? Went to doctors today and I can't see the midwife until 10 weeks but the day she sees people is the day of my harmony test so I can't see her until 11 weeks. I got myself a bit worked up because I really feel like I need the support and 11 weeks is quite a while away.

Also, where is this sunshine?! There is no sunshine in Manchester!!!

Laurs7 Thu 25-Apr-13 17:13:37

Hello! I'm new here and a little confused by all the abbreviations lol! I'm 7 weeks. 3rd pregnancy but sadly 2 miscarriages but feeling very positive this time. Had an early scan last week and saw the heartbeat which was amazing and I'm booked in for another scan next week. No offical due date but think it should be around 8th of december

harry78 Thu 25-Apr-13 19:50:15

Hi all. Well last night I had a little bit of browny coloured gunk [shocked] so because I am a stress head I rang the midwife this morning, and am booked in for a scan tomorrow. There's no more brown stuff today. Thing is I've been told I need to have an internal scan because I am so early (ill be 6+5 tomorrow). Has anyone else had one of these? What should I expect? Do you mind me asking you to wing some good vibes my way. I am so worried about the whole thing and pray little bean is still going strong and it is indeed something and nothing...

b0nker5Mum Thu 25-Apr-13 19:53:49

Harry, I had an internal scan last sat and it's fine, no pain at all, I don't think it's even as bad as a smear and tbh when you are your little bean on the screen you easily forget what's going on...

Good luck with it and relax... x

harry78 Thu 25-Apr-13 20:40:55

How far were you bonkers? What did you see? Did your partner go in with you?

Laurs7 Thu 25-Apr-13 21:16:16

harry78 I had one last week, it was fine, as b0nker5Mum said it's a bit like a smear but less painful and a smaller probe and once it's in you can't feel it. I was exactly 6 weeks and they did a normal scan first and we could see the heartbeat clearly, but they did an internal just to get a bigger picture. I'm sure you'll be fine :-)

harry78 Thu 25-Apr-13 21:47:52

Hi laurs did you go on your own? I am trying to work out whether my partner should come along. The midwife says that they probably won't be able to tell me much...

This thread is not accepting new messages.