Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

December 2013

(1000 Posts)
TakingTheStairs Mon 25-Mar-13 09:20:41

<whispers into the dark> hellllooooo. Anyone there?

I got my BFP this morning and my EDD date is December 5th. Baby number 1.
Anyone else yet?

featherbag Fri 19-Apr-13 19:58:59

Aw Pistachio sad Brown blood's old blood though, so it may just be the remnants of the earlier bleed working it's way out - I had this up until a few days ago xx

ChocolateCremeEggBag Fri 19-Apr-13 20:05:45

Pistachio - havn't seen your earlier post on spotting, but brown is not to worry about! Painful cramps and proper red blood "maybe" - and worth calling the EPU about. But brown could just be implantation blood or when you usual AF would have been

ChocolateCremeEggBag Fri 19-Apr-13 20:09:08

There is more blood "down there" and so you can find that either DTD or a large bowel movement can trigger small bleeds as you progress.

I am getting the odd browny Cm wipe every so often, but before my mc I was getting much darker red bleeds so I know it's not to worry about

yogafan Fri 19-Apr-13 21:39:52

Poor you pistachio, it's horrible seeing blood and getting the fear. Hopefully, as other posters have said, it's no cause for concern as it's old blood. Still stressful and worrying though, thinking of you x

TakingTheStairs Fri 19-Apr-13 22:58:53

Poor you Pistachio, but like the others say, brown blood is old blood. Hopefully it's the last bits of the previous spotting xx

PistachioTruffle Fri 19-Apr-13 23:14:44

Phew. Thank you, thank you everyone. I know there's nothing I can do, and being a massive stressyguts isn't going to help in any case. I think a lovely relaxing massage it something is called for soon!

I hope everyone else is feeling ok, and those who are floored by sickness get some respite soon xx

Misspositivity Sat 20-Apr-13 06:29:24

Sorry guys going to have a moan.

Have been up with diarrhea since 4am. Haven't felt well all week thought it was morning sickness!!!

5am started spotting. (not again I cry to an empty house as OH is away with work) brown spotting only though.

Did I mention that my DD was collected early from nursery yesterday due to temp spikes so have been up to her all night top up calpol etc...

Feeling slightly negative for being miss positivity.

Hope everyone else well.

Can diarrhea be early pregnancy symptom???

yogafan Sat 20-Apr-13 06:41:40

Sounds like you've had a rough night missp, sorry to hear. Maybe you and your daughter have a bug or something? No diarrhoea for her though... Like with pistachio, brown spotting is old blood, try not to worry and see if you can catch up on some rest today. I was loving drinking full fat coke yesterday - never usually drink it but find it does the trick after being sicky/ runny tum (or feeling hung over, which I was yesterday, despite not having drunk)at be that would help you too? Positive vibes your way x

yogafan Sat 20-Apr-13 06:43:15

Meant to say 'do you think that would help you too' - sorry!

Misspositivity Sat 20-Apr-13 08:42:38

yogafan Thanks for your kind words Dd was in hospital last week with gastro bug so maybe I have picked it up slightly delayed. Can of coke opened hopefully will work

PJ day for us.

It's going to a long 3 weeks till I can get a scan.

Ganetgob Sat 20-Apr-13 09:05:58

A pj day is a good idea. Sounds great!

I am in an awful mood. I feel really fat and horrible. I've put nearly 2 stone on since I got married last summer (which is just a horrible amount in such a short space of time) I am a 14/16 at the moment. I used to be a size 22 and I'm worried that I will go back to that whilst I'm pregnant. I know this is stupid to moan about and everyone puts weight on whilst they are pregnant, but I'm feeling particularly sensitive about it today. Is it just me? hmm

Morning! Sorry to hear so many of us are feeling rough. I'm still feeling grim, got some of those wrist bands and wore them yesterday. Definitely felt better, was probably all psychological but I don't care!
Told my mum last night, she was crying down the phone which was sweet. Think I'm just going to tell my family on holiday even though I won't have my 12 week scan till we come back, I'll be spending the whole week on some massive stealth mission otherwise! grin

Ganetgob it's not just you, I lost over 2 stone on weight watchers and was 3 pounds off my target before Christmas, then between Christmas, a BFP in the new year followed by a miscarriage dieting has been the last thing on my mind and have put over a stone back on. I'm hoping in a couple of weeks I'll be feeling less sick and tired and can start being a bit more active!

NixiD Sat 20-Apr-13 09:46:47

Hello! Can I join? Got my BFP very early this morning, EDD 25th Dec, happy Christmas to us! For me this will be dc1. Very excited but also scared as I had a MMC in December. DP doesn't want anyone to know this time until after 12wk scan, although with a birthday on the horizon, and parents due round for dinner tomorrow, the lack of alcohol being consumed will no doubt be a giveaway, and I used the antibiotic excuse last time!! Clare and Ganetgob, I also lost 4st with weight watchers, had MMC, lost the plot and put about 1 1/2st back on. Determined not to put too much more on, unless I got a hungry little bean!! thoughts are with those of you going thru a tough time at the mo, I know how worrying it can be x x

Misspositivity Sat 20-Apr-13 13:06:46

clare8. I got the wristbands yesterday. I think they did help. Forgot to put them on after shower and have been feeling worse.

Do u think it's a giveaway sign at work that I have on my desk ginger it biscuits flat lemonade some crackers and wearing silly wrist bands.

clare8 well done with the weightloss. Natural to worry about weight gain but i found last time it flew off as quick as it went on (well maybe not the last stone). I put on 4 1/2 stone in my last pregnancy and really dont think I ate for 2. Lol. Must have eaten for 10.

Misspositivity Sat 20-Apr-13 13:08:18

Sorry weight gain comment was for * ganetgob*

featherbag Sat 20-Apr-13 14:05:46

Oh my god, fresh pineapple is The. Best. Thing. Ever!!!

b0nker5Mum Sat 20-Apr-13 15:19:20

Hi all,

Hope you are having a nice sunny Saturday... ?

Congrats to the new bfps...

Just back from scan which put me a day ahead of what I thought but other than that all ok... Heartbeat 114 and only one bean... Was lovely having my dd there with us as it's a little tough for her, she's happy for us but scared baby will take over our lives and we'll forget her... Trying to get her as involved as possible...

harry78 Sat 20-Apr-13 16:36:53

Congrats bonkers

Hi everyone. I was admitted to hospital yesterday with hyperemesis so last 24 hours haven't been fun. Am home now and armed with anti sickness tablets. Had a scan while I was there and the one little beans heartbeat was flickering away so that was nice.
Hope all those having a worrying time are all ok x

kyz1981 Sat 20-Apr-13 19:04:42

QuietNinjaTardis - I did wonder how you were getting on- Glad your home and hope the tablets are working and you start to feel much better soon.

Gooseysgirl Sat 20-Apr-13 20:45:46

Hope you feel better soon Quiet, bet you were glad to get home! My nausea is coming and going, it's not great but still no vomiting thankfully...

Kerfuffled Sat 20-Apr-13 20:51:57

Hello! Can I join you all? BFP this morning, due date is Boxing Day. Going to be an interesting Christmas this year.....

PistachioTruffle Sat 20-Apr-13 21:22:10

So glad your scan went well Bonkers.

Quiet, I'm glad you've been given proper treatment, hope you feel much better soon xx

2Labradors Sat 20-Apr-13 21:44:15

Hope you feel better soon quiet

Glad your scan went well bonkers

I had a private scan today, have been so anxious & worried & feel like its still such a long time until my 12weeks NHS scan (haven't seen my midwife yet to arrange it). It was lovely, saw a flickering heart beat & it's measuring a little further along, so due date changed from 2nd dec to 26th Nov. won't have a definite date until my real dating scan at 12 weeks.

I've got a cyst on my right ovary which they said is quite normal in early pregnancy, something to do with hormones.

Really suffering with trapped wind pain today. It's so painful. Nothing seems to be working. Hopefully will have eased by the morning.

This thread is not accepting new messages.