Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

December 2013

(1000 Posts)
TakingTheStairs Mon 25-Mar-13 09:20:41

<whispers into the dark> hellllooooo. Anyone there?

I got my BFP this morning and my EDD date is December 5th. Baby number 1.
Anyone else yet?

I'm Bristol. Cramps have eased up a it now so relaxing slightly. Though have weird shooting pains up my back! I had no symptoms until morning sickness hit at 6 weeks with ds so all these cramps and things are a bit disconcerting.

aoifen Mon 25-Mar-13 23:23:57

Hi All

I'm due 29/11 but thought I might sneak in here as the November people are much further on than me. Like shooting stars I have a 7 month old. It took 2 years to conceive him so 2 months this time is a wonderful shock. Took the test today, having manfully (?) waited 3 days past my due date. Too many disappointments last time! Bursting to tell people. Last time was at Christmas so everybody had me figured out by 6 weeks due to my abstinence. No symptoms as yet apart from hunger - possibly an excuse methinks! Early days but fingers crossed

MildredH Tue 26-Mar-13 02:04:44

Hi and congrats to all.. Happy to be sharing the journey..

Clare- I've had a prev mc and thought about asking for an early scan & just can't decide... I know my SIL had one just got reassurance purposes. I just wondered if it might make me feel more attached and hence more upset if things didn't work out? On the other hand- the obsessive checking of the loo paper ( I'm 36 hours post BFP) could get tedious! confused

Xx

Shootingstarsandcomets Tue 26-Mar-13 06:56:51

Congratulations everyone! aoifen so glad there is someone was out there with another tiny one I'm really stressed about the fact they will be so close together. This one wasn't planned- oops!
I had a m/c before my first and they gave me an early scan. Was really reassuring so I'd deffo ask for one if they can.
I'm in rural Derbyshire with lots of snow. Going to attempt digging out the car today so I can take ds to swimming.

Morning all smile

This sounds really odd but I think today its kinda sunk in its like I actually really am pregnant! and its so odd as last night my DS was like mummy one day will I have a brother or sister I was thinking haha if only you knew LOL xx

Scares me as me and my partner atm dont live together and just means over this year there will be so much change, all for the better of course but still worries me.

Laptop to work today think its time to read up on advice sure its all changed so much since I have my little man 7 years ago.

Hope you all have a lovely day xxxx

TakingTheStairs Tue 26-Mar-13 09:16:48

Morning all.
Hi Dasie & Clare I love that so many from the March BFP bus are here!
<waves> to Aoife It must be odd with others being almost a month ahead of you. Welcome to the Dec thread!
Dasie have you told your DP yet?? Why the delay? (if you don't mind me asking!)

How is everybody feeling this morning? It's starting to sink in now. DH and I were looking at prams online last night, early I know but it's nice to be able to browse for real! I've an appointment with my doc on Thursday to get the ball rolling. yippee. I'm in London. We seem to be all spread out.

Aoifen. EDD 29th November. Baby no 2
Clare8allthepies. EDD 1st December. Baby no 1
Dasie. EDD 3rd December. Baby no 2
MildredH. EDD 4th December. Baby no 1
Oroonoko. EDD 4th December. Baby no 1
TakingTheStairs. EDD 4th/5th December Baby no 1
Gosh2ndTimeRound EDD 4th/5th December. Baby no 2
Shootingstarsandcomets EDD ? December. Baby no 2

Rosebelle Tue 26-Mar-13 09:17:22

Hi, I have got a very faint BFP yesterday (testing a good few days before AF due)

Baby due date calculator puts me at 6th December.

Have got 2 DCs, DD age 5 and DS age 3.

This is our planned third (and final!)

Rosebelle EDD 6th December. Baby no 3

TakingTheStairs Tue 26-Mar-13 09:21:00

Hi Rosebelle Congratulations and welcome the the Dec thread.

Hello Rosebelle congrats and welcome aboard :D

Just booked appointment with doctors to get the ball rolling, had a terrible 1st pregnancy with my DS, severe sickness from 16 weeks and in and out of hospital..... was fine until then however this one gah morning sickness much haha maybe it means as it gets further on it will be better lol oh the joy of " little legs " as my DP has now decided to call our new creation :D xx

Dasie Tue 26-Mar-13 10:08:21

Hi Clare! The next 8 months are definately gonna feel like forever!

Gosh I'm in North Yorkshire smile

My DD is 13 in a few weeks so this feels almost like the first time as it's been sooooo long!! grin

Dasie Tue 26-Mar-13 10:13:30

Taking like you DP and I aren't living together yet, despite being in a commited long term relationship. Haven't told him yet as I am waiting for the weekend when we are together for a few nights so it feels more special, and it's given the bean a few more days to get sticky smile

Dasie Tue 26-Mar-13 10:15:37

sorry its Gosh not you that doesn't live with DP....brain has melted already .....

Can someone add me to the list? Edd 6th dec second baby
Thanks

TakingTheStairs Tue 26-Mar-13 11:05:47

Sorry Quiet Don't know how you were missed off the list.
Dasie yep, that was Gosh you had me mixed up with. Oh this weekend is going to be so exciting for you! Hoorah!!

QuietNinjaTardis EDD 6th December. Baby no 2

MildredH Tue 26-Mar-13 11:22:47

Hi Rosebelle & Quiet.. Welcome!

I'm feeling great today. Still on cloud 9.

Am thinking of booking gp appt for next wk to get in the system with mw etc..

Also, avoiding my mum atm as we haven't told anyone and I can't trust myself to keep it in. Think I will have to tell her pretty soon as all I've really talked about for the past year is TTC- god I must've been like a broken record!

Hope everyone well..

Dasie I think I can join you on the melting brain thing, meant to have made my stores order almost three hours still plodding along I have so many other things on my mind hahahahaha!

x Mildred Im sure your mum will be over the moon for you but I agree about the keeping it quiet thing its hard isnt it hehe xx

MildredH Tue 26-Mar-13 11:38:45

It's SO hard! It's just swimming round my head.. Any question I was asked at work yesterday I wanted to answer " I'm up the duff!" grin

I think we will tell both sets of parents next week and then I'll need to keep schtum for the following 8 weeks! Eep. blush

Thanks taking.
Hi Mildred.

I've bought some more preg tests. Thought I'd done tomorrow before docs then one next week and then one the week after just to make sure everything's ticking along. It's taken so long to get pregnant I'm just worried something will go wrong.
Probably tell my mum And dh's parents this weekend as going back home for Easter. Will also have to tell a friend as we run a toddler group together which if morning sickness is as bad as last time I won't be able to manage.
Still finding it hard to believe.

13loki Tue 26-Mar-13 13:13:55

whispers hi! I think I'm due around December 5. I have 2 already, DS who s 7 and DD 2. Not totally sure on the dates, we had a miscarriage in February and no period in between, so I'm trying to work out dates from when the tests changed from BFN to BFP.

Last time we told our parents before the pee was dry on the sick. They were planning to visit in summer (we live in Sweden, they are all in Oz) and we wanted to give them the option of visiting when we had a new baby instead. This time we'll wait before telling anyone.

Congrats 13loki! I think we'll wait to tell anyone else but if I get morning sickness the same as before I won't be able to hide it for long.

Rosebelle Tue 26-Mar-13 14:07:56

Congratulations 13loki! like you, another mum of 2 here! Can't imagine how it will be having 3 but "they" say it's harder going from 1-2 than 2-3, hope that's true!

13loki Tue 26-Mar-13 14:09:26

Thanks Quiet
I had to tell at 7 weeks with DD, I vomited in someone else's classroom in the morning, mid conversation. <slightly embarrassing> I'm hoping MS won't be as bad this time, but it would be a little reassuring.

I should call the midwife, which is a whole other level of fun in a language you don't speak. It was just a huge hassle firstly to get an appointment and then to cancel it last time.

SpanishLady Tue 26-Mar-13 15:26:46

congrats to the March bus ladies - lovely to see you on an ante natal thread - good luck for your 1st trimester!

TakingTheStairs Tue 26-Mar-13 16:33:33

Hi Spanish <waves> How are you getting on?

Hello 13loki Congratulations

13loki EDD 5th December. Baby no 3

clare8allthepies EDD 1st December. Baby no 2
13loki EDD 5th December. Baby no 3

Hi, have added myself to list (someone kindly did it earlier but I fell off!) grin
feels quite cheeky to put myself at the top but suddenly realised it was in date order blush
Booked myself in for midwife appointment next Thursday, suddenly seems real!

This thread is not accepting new messages.