Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

December 2013

(1000 Posts)
TakingTheStairs Mon 25-Mar-13 09:20:41

<whispers into the dark> hellllooooo. Anyone there?

I got my BFP this morning and my EDD date is December 5th. Baby number 1.
Anyone else yet?

FluffyDucky Wed 10-Apr-13 23:04:18

For not fit sorry, posting from my phone!

harry78 Thu 11-Apr-13 07:22:46

Lol*pistachio*!

featherbag Thu 11-Apr-13 08:07:55

Fluffy, I used Bio-oil twice a day when I remembered from 12 weeks last time and have not one stretch mark! And I'm probe to them too, have them all over from massive weight gain/loss over the years.

I found out yesterday I have an interview for my dream job! I applied for it before I became pregnant, but being NHS it's taking a very long time for anything to happen. I'm now desperately hoping HR pulls their finger out so I'm not doing my presentation with a massive bump! I started to show at 8 weeks last time, by 14 it was bloody obvious. I feel guilty (slightly) still going for it as I know how overworked the existing staff are, and it's not the sort of job that can easily be covered by a temp (in fact it can't be), but I'll only be gone 6 months and this is MY job!!!

yogafan Thu 11-Apr-13 08:21:57

That's amazing featherbag - good luck! Don't feel guilty, I'm sure it's your dream job 'cos you'd be brilliant at it, they need you. Great news x

impatienttobemummy Thu 11-Apr-13 08:24:51

My due date in 4th Dec baby number 2! Is anyone else expecting 2nd baby and already showing?!

featherbag Thu 11-Apr-13 08:26:05

Thank you, I'm so chuffed!

Ganetgob Thu 11-Apr-13 09:26:38

I have a burning question for you all. I've just got dressed (love the school holidays!) and it made me wonder about when I need to start wearing non wire bras.

Is anyone wearing them already? When should I start? Are there any nice ones out there which don't cost the earth?

Thanks grin

impatienttobemummy Thu 11-Apr-13 09:51:09

Ganetgob I didn't wear wireless bras until the last month but I'm small chested anyway

TakingTheStairs Thu 11-Apr-13 10:38:50

Fluffy I'm already using Clarins Stretch Mark cream! Though mainly because DH bought it for me .. and not in a nasty way! I said I wanted it and he surprised me with it.
Is anyone else putting on weight already?

featherbag Thu 11-Apr-13 11:24:20

I've actually lost weight, my appetite is tiny! Under no illusions that this will continue however, although I hope I don't put the 3 stone on I've spent a year losing after last time!

Gooseysgirl Thu 11-Apr-13 11:48:32

I used bio oil religiously last pregnancy and I didn't get any stretch marks but my mum never got any in three pregnancies and says its genetic!! Nipple itch has returned confused

MildredH Thu 11-Apr-13 11:52:57

My weight is static but like you feather I'm definitely eating less. Think the calories I'd usually be drinking in my nightly glass of wine will contribute too!

Expect this will not stay the case though.. I'm only 5'2" so entirely expect to look like an oompah loompah later on!

harry78 Thu 11-Apr-13 11:53:49

I'm surprised that I've lost a pound too. I was thinking about this this morning, my BMI is about 26 and ive worked hard to get it down to this, and I wonder whether the nurse will have something to say about me being overweight. Does anyone else have experience?

LadyMedea Thu 11-Apr-13 11:55:34

So I've cracked and told work. Just told the other managers I work with and share an office with and our boss. Since the sickness and tiredness kicked in on Monday I knew it was going to be very obvious. 6 weeks is early to tell but then they would have guessed anyway and I would tell them if I had a miscarriage so it didn't seem a bad idea. They are all lovely ladies and were very pleased for me.

Also cracked and told my Mum. I love my Mum dearly and she is 100% supportive of me except in the area of having kids, as she's always worried because I have ME/CFS. I got the reaction I was expecting 'if you're happy we're happy'.... I'm sure it will get more positive as it goes along.

Waiting to tell MIL (who is lovely and will be over the moon) as SIL had DC no 2 yesterday (shoulder distocia - ow! - baby ok) so we are just waiting for the dust to settle.

my sis and a couple of my very close friends also know but that will be it until 12 week scan.

So who have you told so far?

harry78 Thu 11-Apr-13 11:57:33

Just my Mom and Dad and my MIL... but then I'm only 4+3

MildredH Thu 11-Apr-13 12:08:46

We've told both sets of parents and my two best friends- mostly because they've been so supportive following last mc & during the TTC process I couldn't pretend we were still trying!

Oh, and almost everyone at work only through necessity.

Will be doing my best not to tell anyone else before 12 weeks.. Told a lot of people last time and although lots of people were supportive when we had the mc- it involved a lot of un-telling and then lots of 'are you pregnant again yet' in the 15 months since!

Ganetgob Thu 11-Apr-13 12:43:00

Thanks impatient! I'm kind of average in the boob department so I'll just see how I go I think!

I don't think we are going to tell anyone until after the first scan. Neither set of parents know we were ttc and I'm feeling nervous about something going wrong so I don't want to jinx it. (I know that's silly!)

I'm also a bit worried about my friends who know we were ttc asking me if I'm pregnant. I don't want to say no (again, my superstitious mind!) but I'm not sure what else I can say without them knowing. Any advice?

Leonas Thu 11-Apr-13 12:50:40

I've just managed to get my first ante-natal appointment after waiting 3 days for the hospital to do the 'official' pregnancy test - baby number one for me so I have no idea what I am doing or what to expect!
Feel pretty good apart from nausea when travelling by bus the other day - never been travel sick before but after having to get 4 buses to visit my dad I felt horrendous!
Not told anyone yet, thinking of telling mums this weekend and I might tell work when I go back on Monday as I am a teacher and we are at the time of year when timetables are being organised so it is a good time to tell my boss I think! One of my colleagues is due back from mat leave around the time I will be going off so it might work out quite well for us both - maybe too good to be true though!

TakingTheStairs Thu 11-Apr-13 13:18:14

I've told my boss in work so that I could have a bit of flexibility for consultant appointments and leaving early if the nausea got too bad.
But not telling either parents until almost the 12 week mark. My Mum wouldn't be able to keep it a secret (out of excitement)

b0nker5Mum Thu 11-Apr-13 13:22:18

We intend to keep it a secret for as long as possible, just my partner and daughter know at the moment... We are staying with my parents at the mo tho so depending on symptoms we might have to let them know...

I'm feeling like I am hungry but don't really fancy anything... You know when you get past the hunger pains... I only slept for about an hour on and off last night tho so exhausted today and not functioning properly!!!

How are you all?

QueenofWhispers Thu 11-Apr-13 13:52:43

I'm against wire bras since sunday.

I have a bad feeling, I gained a ridiculous amount of weight last time and wasn't ever able to get back to my normal self. I honestly hope I don't gain any extra weight this time.

weechops Thu 11-Apr-13 13:54:55

I feel absolutely great apart from really tender boobs. ( and a gum abcess which I can't take anything for gah)

I told my dad because his health is awful and hes in a care home and I thought it would give him a wee boost, which it has smile and I've told 4 of my close friends.

Dh wants to wait til the 12 week scan to tell everyone else and that's fine. I think ;)

weechops Thu 11-Apr-13 14:02:15

Queen I know how you feel. When I was pg with dd I was a size 10. I put on 2 stone and ended up size 14. Not toooo bad. Then pg with ds I put on 4 1/2 stone! Ended up really wobbly size 16. I lost 3 stone sloooowwwly and finally got rid of the last stone this month smile so I'm going to be really careful with my diet this time and hope for the best. To be honest I'm not really that bothered how I look as the children are so so worth it smile

Gooseysgirl Thu 11-Apr-13 14:06:58

Leonas I am also a teacher and I have told our head... I told him just as early last time, he was very supportive and also appreciative of having the chance to think ahead from a staffing point of view. I was upfront with him and told him we were hoping for DC2 before too long so it hasn't come as a surprise to him! But he is the kind of head you can trust with this sort of information... DH told his two brothers in a drunken moment last weekend, I was sooo cross with him as I wanted our parents to be first to know grrrrr

QueenofWhispers Thu 11-Apr-13 14:16:33

I went from a size 8 to a 14 last time and I'm still a 14. sad I have two really gorgeous skinny (both double 0's) sisters and I hate being the big one.

This thread is not accepting new messages.