Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

April 2013 Part 8: Welcoming our Easter Chicks & as Alex & Evan hopefully go home!

(995 Posts)
toobreathless Sun 24-Mar-13 13:15:05

Over here Ladies!

I hope you don't mind me starting this thread too.

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/antenatal_clubs/1689714-April-2013-Part-7-As-our-miracle-Alex-continues-to-grow-the-one-that-sees-us-reach-TERM

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/antenatal_clubs/1560543-April-2013-stats-thread

Wonderful news for today as we welcome babycandy and little Charlotte and hoping that this thread sees little Alex and Evan home very soon.

How many more babies will this thread see?

bext Mon 29-Apr-13 21:08:35

Thanks Jacqueline - I sincerely hope it's the last one too gringrin

JaquelineHyde Mon 29-Apr-13 14:49:59

I hope that has worked OK, I haven't linked to the stats thread, if someone else wants to add that to the new thread that would be grand.

I fucking hope this is the last bloody Due in April thread we need grin

JaquelineHyde Mon 29-Apr-13 14:48:43
bext Mon 29-Apr-13 14:18:30

Great news Fluffeh! How fantastic it will be to be at home grin

Does anyone know how to open up a new thread for those of us still handing around?!

Great news fluff!

Rivergirly Mon 29-Apr-13 13:37:12

40+11 and still here - have now completely resigned myself to induction being the first sign of anything! But on a good note I rang the hospital today and then on call midwife (mines on leave) and I was correct in thinking that induction should be by 40+14 here so will be going in Thursday night yey!!

It means I will be able to go to Learning Cafe at school with ds2 - I've never missed one yet - but will miss our friends funeral on Friday but am sure everyone will understand.

Been sooooo tired the last few days but have summoned some energy from somewhere to have a big clean through the house so it's tidy before we go in

helens82 Mon 29-Apr-13 12:43:49

Fluff - really pleased to hear you'll be going home soon. Hope feeding keeps going well.
I'm now stuck in hospital waiting for section. Been told there's a delay with theatre due to emergencies. I knew this might happen but it's still frustrating. I'm also very hungry.
Looking forward to joining those of you with beautiful babies.

photochick Mon 29-Apr-13 12:21:20

great news fluff you must be v pleased to be going home!

No news here - thought we were heading in the right direction at the weekend but nothing at all to report now! better come soon otherwise my hoover and washing machine will be worn out! midwife tomorrow.
40+3

photochick Mon 29-Apr-13 12:21:03

great news fluff you must be v pleased to be going home!

No news here - thought we were heading in the right direction at the weekend but nothing at all to report now! better come soon otherwise my hoover and washing machine will be worn out! midwife tomorrow.
40+3

Ollibobs Mon 29-Apr-13 11:45:29

Well done Fluff! You must be counting down the hours now! So pleased for you!

HadALittleFaithBaby Mon 29-Apr-13 10:15:52

Well done Fluff and baby Fluff! Enjoy home smile

Trishstar Mon 29-Apr-13 10:05:47

Fluff great news! Everyday in hospital feels like an eternity x

edinfirst Mon 29-Apr-13 03:59:52

Brilliant news Fluff you must be delighted! flowers

SneezySnatcher Mon 29-Apr-13 00:22:57

Well done, Fluff!

Mama1980 Sun 28-Apr-13 23:15:05

Yay fluffeh and Delilah- brilliant brilliant news! Well done both of you. Xxx

JaquelineHyde Sun 28-Apr-13 22:36:18

Yay Fluff I'm so pleased for you and Delilah. I bet tomorrow can't come too quickly. grin grin

Fluffeh Sun 28-Apr-13 22:17:24

Congratulations Edin and coco.

Delilah is better! It's the best news I have ever had. Her salt levels are normal and she is within 12% of her birth weight. The paediatricians are letting us go home tomorrow :D.
Thank you for the messages of support. They meant so much to me. I didn't reply as I listened to them because I was just far too emotional.
We will be seeing my midwife 3-4 times a week for a couple of weeks to make sure the baby is still feeding well but I'm not too worried about feeding now as she's gained over 130g and is attacking my breast every hour lol.
I hope your all doing fantastically too, I'm being screamed for, it must be feeding time again smile.

JaquelineHyde Sun 28-Apr-13 18:44:31

I'm still here river at 40+10 as well and due to go to hospital for induction Tuesday AM.

Congratulations edin and coco so glad you have both got your little bundles to snuggle and spoil grin

Helen try not to worry about DS he will be fine and the PILs will muddle through. Relax and save as much energy as you can for after your section tomorrow.

Oli so glad that you went and got checked out and all was ok. It really is not worth putting yourself through the stress of not going in.

We just ordered anniversary pizza for us all and I have completely lost my appetite and so I'm not having any hmm

The children are getting very excited now, I think they were begining to suspect I had been lying all along. However, now I can say to them Mummy will go to hospital before school Tuesday morning and wont be coming home until I have the baby grin Hurrah...Tomorrow is going to be a very long 24 hours!

helens82 Sun 28-Apr-13 17:27:48

He's going to be 2 on 16th may. would love to think of them spoiling him, but unfortunately it's the basics. 5 minutes ago I went downstairs to find that MIL had overheated food and burnt him mouth. Then sitting there expecting him to suck water from his bottle! I know it sounds silly, but I'm thinking if she can't feed him a meal after 2 years then how will she mange for 2-3 days.

Rivergirly Sun 28-Apr-13 17:17:59

Hi all

Just checking in to see who is still hanging on and waiting impatiently!! 40 + 10 here and trying to look positively at being induced next Saturday night!

ratbagcatbag Sun 28-Apr-13 16:14:56

Helen, how old is your current LO? If my DSS GPS are anything to go by, he will get spoilt rotten have no routine and be allowed to get away with murder wink all annoying for us parents but nice to happen once in a while so please don't worry smile

helens82 Sun 28-Apr-13 15:27:55

Lovely to hear new baby news. Really exciting and I hope mums are recovering well and babies are not causing too much trouble!
I'm going in for elcs tomorrow morning and it's all seeming very unreal. Cant believe I will have a baby tomorrow.
Trying to have a relaxed last day and home but mainly worrying about how grandparents will get on looking after DS while I'm in hospital. They visit often but think they know it all and don't realise how often they ask me what to do. Have tried to write a list but they're not that interested. I know I'm probably being unreasonable but I want things to be as easy as possible to help him adjust to new baby. Hopefully won't be in hospital for too long.

photochick Sun 28-Apr-13 11:42:14

glad you are okay olli x
congratulations to everyone else with new arrivals!
I'm 40+2 today. Had pretty much constant period type pain since Friday, hips killing yesterday, up for two hours in the night last night with various pains that came to nothing. Does this sound promising?

HadALittleFaithBaby Sun 28-Apr-13 10:09:47

Congratulations to edin and coco! I agree neither sound very overdue but glad they're here safely thanks

Glad you got checked and all is ok olli. Hope it's not too long for you now!

num3onway Sun 28-Apr-13 09:46:13

Glad you got looked at olli!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now