Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

April 2013 Part 8: Welcoming our Easter Chicks & as Alex & Evan hopefully go home!

(995 Posts)
toobreathless Sun 24-Mar-13 13:15:05

Over here Ladies!

I hope you don't mind me starting this thread too.

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/antenatal_clubs/1689714-April-2013-Part-7-As-our-miracle-Alex-continues-to-grow-the-one-that-sees-us-reach-TERM

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/antenatal_clubs/1560543-April-2013-stats-thread

Wonderful news for today as we welcome babycandy and little Charlotte and hoping that this thread sees little Alex and Evan home very soon.

How many more babies will this thread see?

Notafoodbabyanymore Sat 27-Apr-13 05:40:22

Fluffeh, so sorry, I knew this would happen if I posted before reading!

Not much I can say, except hang in there! You're doing an amazing job and I bet you're exhausted, you poor thing.

Mama1980 Sat 27-Apr-13 08:04:52

Fluffeh, hang in there sounds like you are doing brilliantly! Expressing is hell sometimes I'm glad the midwife is supportive. Are you drinking plenty whilst expressing? I was told to do that all the time during the early days expressing for Alex. I know its impossible but try to relax as much as you can it helps both with the amounts and the pain.
Good for you sticking to your guns if you don't want formula top ups, you know what's best for your baby. I hope baby fluff is awake soon and all goes well with the dr this morning. I'm thinking of you.
Sorry I can't help more but I'm here for virtual hand holding/support! We all are.
Bec xxx

Come on over to postnatal when you can, there are more posts on there now, others maybe able to offer advice and they may to see this.

HadALittleFaithBaby Sat 27-Apr-13 08:55:33

Congratulations Food!

Fluff hang in there. Well done for sticking to your guns. In your shoes I would feed her - better a full, sleepy baby than agitated, starving baby! Drink well, eat well. It does get easier. The expressing should improve with time as well - is she latching at all at the moment?

itsaruddygame Sat 27-Apr-13 12:02:22

Congrats to all on the new arrivals : )

Hope those of you fed up and uncomfortable don't have long to wait.

Fluffeh - sorry to hear you are having a bit of a crappy time. Keep doing what your doing and I am sure you will get there. We were in a similar situation as DS was badly jaundiced and under lights - he had donor breast milk top ups in hospital and we were sent home offering formula top ups. We were able to gradually reduce the amount and he is now exclusively breast fed.

On that note I could do with some advice from you breast feeding mamas. After 3 days of crazy cluster feeding (6 week growth spurt) he slowed right down yesterday afternoon and now I have loads of milk and shooting pains in my boobs. Have pumped once this morning but dont want to do it too much as may exacerbate the problem. Anyone got any tips for me?

On the good news front DS weighed in at 7l 6oz yesterday and has put on a pound in 2 weeks : )

Can someone link to the postnatal thread please lazy mummy emoticon

KelleStar Sat 27-Apr-13 14:00:13

itsa it will settle down again, you may have a day or two of discomfort as your supply settles. Cool compress to help and some paracetamol. Don't express too much off, as you'll just keep your supply high.

jj247 Sat 27-Apr-13 17:30:59

fluffeh I hope the drs check up went better and mini fluff is starting to gain weight.
ratbag you're absolutely right of course. Fortunately after messaging bean went into overdrive and has been wriggly ever since :-) I finally worked out that eating an entire pineapple and half a melon had caused the cramps blush
Hoping yet again that bean makes an appearance before I have to go in to hospital for the induction tomorrow although still may say I want monitoring... confused

JaquelineHyde England Sat 27-Apr-13 18:43:11

Evening ladies this baby is still hanging on and going nowhere.

I can't believe that this thread is almost full, the end of April is a few days away and I still don't have my baby sad

fluff I hope today went ok for you, do pop over to the breast feeding boards and ask for some help there of you need it I'm sure they will have some answers/suggestions for you.

Roll on Tuesday AM for me.

40 + 9

itsaruddygame Sat 27-Apr-13 19:11:09

Thanks kelle - hit the paracetamol and he has decided he is hungry this evening which for once has been a relief - lol!

Ollibobs Sat 27-Apr-13 22:18:59

Hi all. I'm 40+3 and today I've not had much movement. Probably only a 1/3 of what I'd normally feel each day. I've called the hospital and they say that as I've had more than 10 movements, I shouldn't be worried as they aren't. Am I being unreasonable to go in for monitoring?
We spent two days being monitored last week for foetal tachycardia and all the midwives said I should home straight in if I felt a change. I think I'm probably being paranoid/wasting the midwives time, but want to be on the safe side.

What would you do? Am I being unreasonable?

KelleStar Sat 27-Apr-13 22:42:41

Ollibobs if it was me I would call or go in, they look for change of pattern too, it's not worth taking the risk.

Trishstar Sat 27-Apr-13 23:24:05

Please go in ollibobs! If I hadn't my little man may not be with us now! xxx

olympicvibes Sun 28-Apr-13 02:10:51

Hi everyone, congrats to all who have had their babies and virtual hugs to the miracle babies and mamas.
I meant to update days ago! I had a little boy on Friday 19th April, 15 days overdue. He's doing great smile

EssexWelsh Sun 28-Apr-13 02:50:55

Remember my top tip those of you still waiting, at 11.55pm I had a Malibu and coke as was my 30th birthday and the first drink I had all pregnancy, 12.05am I had my show then 4am it all kicked off, so crack open the Malibu ladies!

Good luck all grin

num3onway Sun 28-Apr-13 04:16:58

I picked the chillis out of a curry and ate them about 10pm, contractions started following morning!maybe try that!

edinfirst Sun 28-Apr-13 04:17:01

Hello ladies
This is a bit like that song that goes 'I've become the kind of man I've always hated', but just wated to add to the platitudes that are really p*ing off anyone who's fed up of waiting by telling you as soon as I could that everything everyone says about forgetting the birth as soon as you have your little person in your arms is 100% true. I wasted so much time and energy worrying about the birth I wanted, and although what happened in the end couldn't be further from it I have gennuinely forgotten that less than 9 hours later. Baby boy edin (name to be confirmed) arrived at 7.29pm, 16 days overdue and weighing/measuring in at 6lb10.5oz and 53cm respectively. This is going to be the biggest learning curve ever, but it's going to be more than worth every day I waited, every minute spent in labour and every sleep deprived night. Thank you so much to all of you for helping me to get to the starting post of this most amazing journey flowers

Cocochops Sun 28-Apr-13 05:54:05

congrats edin. We also had a little boy yesterday evening around 5pm (also un named!)

He was 13 days late and weighed 7 lb 5 although mw agrees with us that scan dates were prob wrong as they said he doesn't look 2 weeks overdue.

We were induced and hospital policy was that this involves constant monitoring but we had a lovely mw who managed to get a Dr to sign off that we were in fact low risk apart from the induction so got to use the birth centre and had a waterbirth as planned.

You are so right though once they are here doesn't really matter how they got here.

Good luck to all still waiting.

num3onway Sun 28-Apr-13 06:45:27

Congrats to you both! Neither of them sound over due going by weights!

edinfirst Sun 28-Apr-13 06:58:21

Congratulations coco I am so glad you had such a positive induction experience. I was hyper stimulated by the pessary, and had 14 hours of contractions 5mins apart which did nothing to my closed cervix, followed by the wee man deciding that having made us wait for 16days he needed mummy to get from 0-10cm in 2 hours, with no time for pain relief except gas and air - bit hairy for DH but I was really out of it on the gas and air [grins]. The one part of my birth plan that applied was the message from my natal hypnotherapy that, regardless of the situation, your body really does know what to do if you let it!

Ollibobs Sun 28-Apr-13 09:43:27

Thanks for the support Trish and Kelle. I did go to the hospital last night for a trace. It was all fine and naturally, once I had the straps on, she was moving like crazy. However, still not as much as before.
The midwife was happy with the trace but said I should monitor the movement every day and if it continues to go down, then not to hesitate and go straight in.

Thank you for encouraging me to go in! Much appreciated!
Xxxx

num3onway Sun 28-Apr-13 09:46:13

Glad you got looked at olli!

HadALittleFaithBaby Sun 28-Apr-13 10:09:47

Congratulations to edin and coco! I agree neither sound very overdue but glad they're here safely thanks

Glad you got checked and all is ok olli. Hope it's not too long for you now!

photochick Sun 28-Apr-13 11:42:14

glad you are okay olli x
congratulations to everyone else with new arrivals!
I'm 40+2 today. Had pretty much constant period type pain since Friday, hips killing yesterday, up for two hours in the night last night with various pains that came to nothing. Does this sound promising?

helens82 Sun 28-Apr-13 15:27:55

Lovely to hear new baby news. Really exciting and I hope mums are recovering well and babies are not causing too much trouble!
I'm going in for elcs tomorrow morning and it's all seeming very unreal. Cant believe I will have a baby tomorrow.
Trying to have a relaxed last day and home but mainly worrying about how grandparents will get on looking after DS while I'm in hospital. They visit often but think they know it all and don't realise how often they ask me what to do. Have tried to write a list but they're not that interested. I know I'm probably being unreasonable but I want things to be as easy as possible to help him adjust to new baby. Hopefully won't be in hospital for too long.

ratbagcatbag Sun 28-Apr-13 16:14:56

Helen, how old is your current LO? If my DSS GPS are anything to go by, he will get spoilt rotten have no routine and be allowed to get away with murder wink all annoying for us parents but nice to happen once in a while so please don't worry smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now